Undercover cops to wear Niner's gear this Sunday

KINGGRUMPY

Reaction score
I don' trust SPD enough to do this job. I also don' t see the need for them to be in opposing team's gear. I think they would be more effective in Hawks gear because they could possibly defuse a situation with another 12th man... but then again, defusing a situation is not really SPDs style.

chris98251

Reaction score
Lets see documented over the last few years, plenty of racial biased attacks multiple stomping incidents, killing homeless man becasue he could'nt hear a officer say stop, abuse of authourity, documented corruption within the Police and Sheriffs department, excessive force in multiple situations. Thats just off the top of my head and what was seen in the news, the crap that hasn't made the headlines is probably in the hundreds or thousnads of incidents over the last 10 years or so.

We pay these people to protect and SERVE, not all cops are bad, but if you get a mentality going of subdue and arrest and then sort stuff out this is what happens. we also have a city that is screaming poverty and will take public intoxication and assault cases and other issues that can be reduced to big fines with no jail time and pad the coffers.

So I don't trust the motives behind this.

You may say it's not entrapment, but I do think it's Baiting, You throw a lay a 100 dollar bill or even a 5 dollar bill on the ground, someone picks it up, you didn't lose it but placed it somewhere, the person picks it up and you scream theif and the cops arrest him for theft. Maybe not a great example but you could say the same thing about setting a purse down on a bench and beiing in close proximity and eyeing it to see if someone would take it and then arrest the person that picks it up.

CandlestickBum

Reaction score
MysterMatt":2fls16ll said:
HoustonHawk82":2fls16ll said:
Entrapment? Nope. Not according to federal law.

It is the exact same thing the Troopers do in Alaska outside of Moose hunting season. They place a mechanical Moose within shooting distance from the highway and wait and watch to see who drives by and gets out the rifle to take a shot. The conscious decision to break the law is made by the shooter, the cops just create a tasty scenario to make it really easy (for those with the tendency to do so) to break the law.

Call it keeping honest people honest and you'll be more accurate. It's like Absolut says; the act of stealing the car is the crime, making it really easy to steal is the fault of the owner. The cops are simply trying to weed out the folks who are a hare's breath from verbally/physically assaulting someone by making it very easy for that person to offend.

The hundred or so people that get to witness them haul somebody off in cuffs makes all the ladies elbow their guys and say "see what happens when you mess with people". They can keep the masses in check by letting them know stuff gets punished. Having them wear Niners stuff insures at least some displays of force will occur that can be "witnessed".

Psychological crowd control warfare. Good idea.
Hence the "almost" after I wrote "It's entrapment".

Anyhow, you obviously aren't familiar with the Seattle PD. The point is, it will be an electric environment, and likely hostile for 49er fans. Putting cops in 49er gear (a waste of tax money, IMO) is inviting at least a fair amount of smack to be targeted at them. Given that we're talking about the Seattle PD, I fully expect that even the slightest provocation (e.g. "whiners suck!") will result in beating, tazer treatment, or just a good ol' shooting. It will embolden whiner fans. It waits for some sort of altercation to occur and THEN dealing with it as opposed to PREVENTING the altercation to begin with.

Psychological warfare? Please. It's yet another example of shite policing in our fair city.

And it is that "hostile" atmosphere that necessitates this sort of thing in the first place. Last year, during the playoffs, we shared our "table" with some visiting Greenbay fans from Seattle who were really nice people, but the SFPD had officers undercover as visiting fans because the previous playoffs against New Orleans drew a few horror stories from visiting Saints fans.

When I was stationed at Ft. Lewis I went to a few Seahawks games. While most fans are descent people, I have seen alcohol fueled jerks there, more in Seattle than at any 49ers game at Candlestick save the preseason games against the Raiders that were canceled after the violence two seasons ago.

The point is, the environment should not be hostile for visiting fans, but unfortunately, a small minority really poisons the atmosphere. These people need to be kicked-out and the season ticket holder who sold them their seat be put on probation or have their tickets revoked.

KINGGRUMPY

Reaction score
The worse I've ever really seen in Seattle is people getting faked out on high fives outside of the triangle pub and trash talking. That said, I've had groups of "raider fans" try to start stuff during preseason games. I'm not really the nicest person in the world but I always like to make opposing fans feel welcome when visiting as long as they are respectful. I know what its like to be on the other side (SF '09) and I wouldn't wish that on any fan, not even Whi9er fans.

suppaball

Reaction score
sounds like entrapment to me , i agree with pe let them look like cops this is going to ruin the game for so many people. alao not being alowed to raz someone is just unamerican. if you ask me its all a load of PC horseshit.