Trent Dilfer says Hasselebeck is greatest Seahawks QB

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Dilfer is friends with Hasslebeck and is a 49er fan. I personally don’t think he holds the Seahawks in high regard. He will go out of his way to trash this team. I also don’t think he’s a fan of the type of QB that Wilson is. Dilfer is from the old school drop back QB is the way to go type QB.

Maulbert

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":2hnlq8e6 said:
Dilfer is friends with Hasslebeck and is a 49er fan. I personally don’t think he holds the Seahawks in high regard. He will go out of his way to trash this team. I also don’t think he’s a fan of the type of QB that Wilson is. Dilfer is from the old school drop back QB is the way to go type QB.

Anyone remember ol' "I'd take Nick Foles over Russell Wilson" Ron Jaworski?

These guys don't work at ESPN anymore for a reason.

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":wnq5g56o said:
Maelstrom787":wnq5g56o said:
RawImage

Wilson could never.

I can't look away.

I love Matt, but Dilfer's obviously doing his buddy a solid. Strap his ass to a lie detector, it wouldn't be Hasslebeck.

Lol. I agree.
Dilfer would probably answer "Dilfer."

keasley45

Reaction score
beaumaris":2j9od43n said:
We want the ball,and we’re going to score.Lol !

MH : we want the ball and we're gonna score

RW: We are going to take the ball , and even though you are up 20 with 8 minutes left, run and throw it down your throat, at will, making plays that will forever be part of NFL lore. ... and the worst thing is - you already know it's going to happen.

Love Matt though and will forever be grateful for the player he was and what he represented for the Hawks. In many ways he was a shorter lived, WC offense version of Krieg. There were weeks when he looked unstoppable and truly great, and others when he couldn't seem to get out of his own way. Shame he and the team were robbed of the SB. He/they deserved it.

toffee

Reaction score
Maulbert":2ho0h5es said:
oldhawkfan":2ho0h5es said:

Anyone remember ol' "I'd take Nick Foles over Russell Wilson" Ron Jaworski?

These guys don't work at ESPN anymore for a reason.

Nailed it.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
keasley45":3q7zdwss said:
beaumaris":3q7zdwss said:

MH : we want the ball and we're gonna score

RW: We are going to take the ball , and even though you are up 20 with 8 minutes left, run and throw it down your throat, at will, making plays that will forever be part of NFL lore. ... and the worst thing is - you already know it's going to happen.

Love Matt though and will forever be grateful for the player he was and what he represented for the Hawks. In many ways he was a shorter lived, WC offense version of Krieg. There were weeks when he looked unstoppable and truly great, and others when he couldn't seem to get out of his own way. Shame he and the team were robbed of the SB. He/they deserved it.

The "Spazzelbeck" (sp?) moniker was won fairly; but Matthew (as Raible called him) was also a lot of fun to cheer for, and had some great games. The Beast-Quake game was a good one for Matt, too. His press conferences offered some of the most interesting, honest, and humorous conversations you'll find in sports. Russ could learn a lot from Matt there. Perhaps that's the part that Dilfer was referencing...? Nah, it wasn't, but benefit of the doubt and all...

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
beaumaris":1em6knv7 said:

Obviously that was was a catastrophically bad looking egg on his face, but I truly believe it was Bannister misreading the defense and not Hass' fault. Even with how it ended, that was the moment I decided I really liked him. He deserved the ring and his victory over the Saints, after being benched the week before, was a great send off for him.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
One of the dumbest statements of all time. It's not even close. Matt was a good not great QB.
Russ is HOF bound.

Throwdown

Reaction score
As much as I can’t stand him Russ’ worst year is comparable to Hass’ best year.

knownone

Reaction score
Throwdown":16x2xqnl said:
As much as I can’t stand him Russ’ worst year is comparable to Hass’ best year.
I think Hass would put up pretty good numbers in this era.

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I feel that if Holmgren wouldn't have been so stubborn with not wanting to utilize shotgun, Matt could've put up some better numbers.

When teams started blitzing through the A gap with linebackers and stunts, the offense couldn't do anything. It wasn't until 07 I think when Holmgren finally used shotgun.

I remember in an interview that he didn't like shotgun because of one errant snap to Favre in Green Bay so he was afraid to use it. Shame.

The worst Hasselbeck year was under Mora Jr though. That dufus didn't know what was going on and really shortened Hass' career imo.

Here's one of Dilfer's most memorable games as a Hawk...

[youtube]VyjzeVrMQUg[/youtube]

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I never cared much for Hasselbeck. He wasn't a good leader, and he never once did anything that really impressed me. He was an average starting QB throughout his career.

chris98251

Reaction score
fenderbender123":xz4mctpa said:
I never cared much for Hasselbeck. He wasn't a good leader, and he never once did anything that really impressed me. He was an average starting QB throughout his career.

Pretty sure you mean Gelbaugh, Stouffer, Frieze, Hass was a hell of a leader on this team, the punishment he took and hits and fire he had to win, how many QB's get called for a for a phantom Horse Caller tackle also ?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
fenderbender123":1qngd0uk said:

#contrarian'd

fenderbender123

Reaction score
chris98251":2qpjdynz said:
fenderbender123":2qpjdynz said:

Pretty sure you mean Gelbaugh, Stouffer, Frieze, Hass was a hell of a leader on this team, the punishment he took and hits and fire he had to win, how many QB's get called for a for a phantom Horse Caller tackle also ?

Hass seemed like he was mad all the time. Remember him pounding his fists in the turf and screaming at refs and other people and stuff. I personally don't find that to be a very good leadership quality.

Gelbaugh, Stouffer, and Frieze were below average QBs. I'm not saying Hasselbeck was terrible. I'm saying he was average for a *starting* QB. Good enough to be a starter for many years, so obviously he did many things well. But overall he just didn't have what it took to be great in terms of how I measure that.

His career stats more or less support my position. I won't argue with above average. But to me he is average.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Hasselbeck was a great leader, a very good quarterback and a wicked interview and hell of a personality. One of my all-time favorite Seahawks. I feel bad for him and the 05 team that were denied their rightful ring.