Trent Dilfer says Hasselebeck is greatest Seahawks QB

TraderGary

Reaction score
Aros":2y84oaqa said:
Hasselbeck was a great leader, a very good quarterback and a wicked interview and hell of a personality. One of my all-time favorite Seahawks. I feel bad for him and the 05 team that were denied their rightful ring.

Echoes my sentiments perfectly.

niveky

Reaction score
Hass ended up being a great quarterback but nowhere to what Wilson is. That being said, Hass is still my favorite seahawk of all time.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I like Hass but he played what 3 complete seasons?

Anyway my list is
5. Hasselebeck
4. Zorn
3. Moon
2. Krieg
1. Wilson

schkoot

Reaction score
HawkinNY":36mn8342 said:
Imagine the hawks didn’t get screwed in the super bowl and won that game. Would Matt be a legend in Seattle. I think Folgers comments wouldn’t sound so crazy. But yea Wilson is by far the best QB Seattle has had. But Matt is still one of my favorites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly.

Wilson is a super exciting and dynamic player and we are lucky to have him, but say we had gotten by the Raiders in 83, then we would have smashed the 'skins and Krieg would be the local Joe Montana. Hass and Co. not getting boned in XL. If Hass or Krieg had the LOB and their offense we would have beaten the Broncos same-same. Also the Moon era was really exciting for me for some weird reason.

Lots of what ifs. Wilson is great, but he didn't do it single-handeldly.

For me, Krieg is my favorite because I was a kid learning football, and the Seahawks were still in their V1.0 version. It's hard to describe, but they felt authentic. Later iterations felt like a different team with a different stadium and uniforms, etc. No connections to the old days—good or bad. Also a lot of different people in the city who didn't remember the original good old days.

John63

Reaction score
schkoot":1xfaktv8 said:
HawkinNY":1xfaktv8 said:
Imagine the hawks didn’t get screwed in the super bowl and won that game. Would Matt be a legend in Seattle. I think Folgers comments wouldn’t sound so crazy. But yea Wilson is by far the best QB Seattle has had. But Matt is still one of my favorites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly.

Wilson is a super exciting and dynamic player and we are lucky to have him, but say we had gotten by the Raiders in 83, then we would have smashed the 'skins and Krieg would be the local Joe Montana. Hass and Co. not getting boned in XL. If Hass or Krieg had the LOB and their offense we would have beaten the Broncos same-same. Also the Moon era was really exciting for me for some weird reason.

Lots of what ifs. Wilson is great, but he didn't do it single-handeldly.

For me, Krieg is my favorite because I was a kid learning football, and the Seahawks were still in their V1.0 version. It's hard to describe, but they felt authentic. Later iterations felt like a different team with a different stadium and uniforms, etc. No connections to the old days—good or bad. Also a lot of different people in the city who didn't remember the original good old days.

I can agree those teams winning would have changed it some, but in the end the stats would not have changed much and Wilson is far and away superior to them all. I mean Differ won a SB but he is still regraded as avg.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I think what Dilfer really meant was that Hasselbeck was the Seahawks best QB…while they played together as Seahawks.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Aros":1e67dtkt said:
Hasselbeck was a great leader, a very good quarterback and a wicked interview and hell of a personality. One of my all-time favorite Seahawks. I feel bad for him and the 05 team that were denied their rightful ring.
Don’t we all!

Probably one of, if not thee most bitter memories of any long time Hawk fan.