Trade Sherman?

Zybot

Reaction score

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not surprised one bit, because the way he has been acting lately, I wouldn't be surprised if he actually believes what he said. :?

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
"You're going to miss me when I'm gone."

He likely means from the pressers. Nobody watches the dang things anyway, the reporters will just have to scrap for news fodder from others instead, their loss.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hopefully he continues to skip out in the future. Just play ball. Good enough.
Might be time for him to get over himself.

OlyHawkFan

Reaction score
If we could be a mid 1st round pick I would trade Sherman and use the pick to get a CB to replace him, thus saving around $13m per year, which can be used to fix the O-line. Revis was traded for a mid 1st and a 4th.

northseahawk

Reaction score
This guy is just average when ET is not there. He has been getting beat most of the gamegame since ET is not back there.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Let's just burn the entire organization to the ground and start fresh with a new team, new owner, new stadium, new coach, new players, new uniforms, new mascot, and new hot dog vendors. I've had about enough of this awful, terrible, rotten team. Wow, we won the division this year. Big deal...it's easy to win the division. Most teams win their division every year and make the playoffs. If we aren't getting the #1 seed every year, something is seriously wrong with this organization, and heads need to roll.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not sure many are thinking that at all. Point being he is getting incredibly full of himself. Gets old after awhile.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Zybot":2pspguwl said:
Does his non-presser statement seem like he wants out of Seattle, or am I reading too much into this?

For the first time all season, Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman opted not to hold his weekly news conference Wednesday.

"I'm just going to make sure people -- it's a privilege to have me up there," Sherman told reporters at his locker. "You're going to miss me when I'm gone."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-hold-weekly-news-conference-seattle-seahawks
Transcript here, all good

https://mobile.twitter.com/gbellseattle ... 7641488384

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Is he ever NOT angry or complaining about something this year??? Just overall seems like a different cat this year. Didn't want to believe it earlier in the year, but clearly he is started to cross the "it's all about me" level at this point.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
cover-2":1fkoo2o0 said:
Sports Hernia":1fkoo2o0 said:
Seymour":1fkoo2o0 said:
Hawkspur":1fkoo2o0 said:
Assuming Sherman was traded, what compensation would Seahawks fans be satisfied with? Would, say, a trade to the Jags for their 1st and 4th plus Jalen Ramsey be enough? I think i'd be on board with that but not a lot less, and getting that much would be tough. And my willingness to do it would assume that the FO felt Sherman was becoming a negative influence and that it would free up enough cap room to get a good o-lineman and possibly d-lineman in as well.
Trading your best defensive player would be downright stupid and moronic.
It's cutting off your nose to spite your face.
Richard Sherman isn't one this team's many problems.

Maybe he's not directly one of the problems on the team, but his salary could be considered one when no money is left for other positions like oline.
Here is just on example. How would you feel if for instance you could have A) Sherman only (a top 3 DB) or B. A top 10 DB say #7 or 8 overall AND a middle of the pack, solid O guard for the exact same cost.
Given that scenario I'd take B personally, and that scenario and many others is more than possible to make happen dollars wise.
No offense but this isn't fantasy football or Madden. Blockbuster trades rarely workout in the NFL. .....and most draft picks are more miss than hit. That's why it's essential to draft well year after year, because the players out of the draft are cheap to pay vs all pro vets.

Hawks are 31 million under the cap for 2017, *allas is 10 million OVER the cap for 2017 according to overthecap.com. I think the NFL swill raise the cap more than expected to keep Jerruh's kids relevant for next year at least.

Yes, trading elite players doesn't happen very often, but it does still happen.
There is a reason it rarely happens.

SeaChat

Reaction score
Are you out of your mind, why would we even consider anything that would take Richard Sherman away from the Seattle Seahawks. He is one of our most valuable players, not only on defense but as an overall contributor to the Seahawks team and franchise for that matter.

Who do you think would remotely be able to replace him on the field, he is a major game changer out there, the other players know and trust him and his play, he offers a lot of guidance on the field to our youngsters coming up the ranks.

I can only think you must have it out for Richard, because he is bold enough to speak his mind and heart and not give two hoots in hell what anyone else thinks of it or what penalties and or fines that might come his way as a result of it. He is a very rare breed of cat in this world and certainly in this game, and one that I have an immense amount of respect for on many levels..

Its been refreshing to see and hear Richard call folks on their BS, and most of the time he is dead on. and when he;s not , he's been a man about admitting it. How many times have you heard him in interviews, after being asked if he was worried about the repercussions that could come his way, i.e. fines and punishments by the NFL for doing so? his response has consistently been "not much thought at all, the truth is what it is, I must be good for ratings I guess or they would" was one of his many responses, and it doesn't vary much from his other replies.

I can't help but respect someone like Sherman who has the courage, self confidence, and personal integrity, to tell it like he sees it, right or wrong. I think its also what the Seahawks organization as a whole like about him. Does he have a temper, yup, sure does, is he flippant and to the point? yup, sure is, can he be eloquent, professional and thoughtful in his presentations of this concerns, yup, sure can and usually is.

If you take a moment to study and consider who Richard Sherman is, where he comes from, what he's done with his life, not only athletically but academically, you would at very least have an entirely different perspective on who he is as a person and a player. When I see the defense standing in the circle on the field, chanting " whose got my back" the first player that comes to mind that I'd want to have mine on that field would be Richard Sherman.

I say to just silence anymore of this crazy talk about doing anything with Richard Sherman, except resigning him and paying him whatever he is worth. I sure as hell don't want to see him on some other team covering our receivers, he would do it with a real vengeance I'm sure. I would sincerely like to see him spend whatever productive years he has left right where he is, with the Seattle Seahawks as our premier corner back.

Zybot

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":1ju7t2l0 said:
Zybot":1ju7t2l0 said:
Does his non-presser statement seem like he wants out of Seattle, or am I reading too much into this?

For the first time all season, Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman opted not to hold his weekly news conference Wednesday.

"I'm just going to make sure people -- it's a privilege to have me up there," Sherman told reporters at his locker. "You're going to miss me when I'm gone."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-hold-weekly-news-conference-seattle-seahawks

Ahh, thanks!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Trade him? heck no
get over himself and maybe stop being suck a jack wagon at seemingly every press conference this year? Yes

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Zybot":6ayjufff said:
LeftHandSmoke":6ayjufff said:
Zybot":6ayjufff said:

Ahh, thanks!

Good one here too, Cable today
https://mobile.twitter.com/Seahawks/sta ... 5907634176

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
fenderbender123":31czpbw6 said:
Let's just burn the entire organization to the ground and start fresh with a new team, new owner, new stadium, new coach, new players, new uniforms, new mascot, and new hot dog vendors. I've had about enough of this awful, terrible, rotten team. Wow, we won the division this year. Big deal...it's easy to win the division. Most teams win their division every year and make the playoffs. If we aren't getting the #1 seed every year, something is seriously wrong with this organization, and heads need to roll.

Word. Besides, players like Sherman are a dime a dozen in the draft. That's why every team drafts at least a couple of them each year!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":24z7qtgi said:
Is he ever NOT angry or complaining about something this year??? Just overall seems like a different cat this year. Didn't want to believe it earlier in the year, but clearly he is started to cross the "it's all about me" level at this point.
Some posters are complaining about complaining way more than Sherman complains about anything.....

cover-2

Reaction score
cover-2":29tqadkp said:
Sports Hernia":29tqadkp said:
Seymour":29tqadkp said:
Hawkspur":29tqadkp said:
Maybe he's not directly one of the problems on the team, but his salary could be considered one when no money is left for other positions like oline.
Here is just on example. How would you feel if for instance you could have A) Sherman only (a top 3 DB) or B. A top 10 DB say #7 or 8 overall AND a middle of the pack, solid O guard for the exact same cost.
Given that scenario I'd take B personally, and that scenario and many others is more than possible to make happen dollars wise.
No offense but this isn't fantasy football or Madden. Blockbuster trades rarely workout in the NFL. .....and most draft picks are more miss than hit. That's why it's essential to draft well year after year, because the players out of the draft are cheap to pay vs all pro vets.

Hawks are 31 million under the cap for 2017, *allas is 10 million OVER the cap for 2017 according to overthecap.com. I think the NFL swill raise the cap more than expected to keep Jerruh's kids relevant for next year at least.

Yes, trading elite players doesn't happen very often, but it does still happen.
There is a reason it rarely happens.

Okay, you just admitted it still happens!!! Stop being so dismissive of the idea of it, its cool if you want to argue against it...but, you do know that we once traded a 1st round pick for WR Percy Harvin and a 1st round pick for TE Jimmy Grahm....So the idea of trading Richard Sherman is not fantasy football or a Madden move!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
pacific101":3dilj370 said:
Are you out of your mind, why would we even consider anything that would take Richard Sherman away from the Seattle Seahawks. He is one of our most valuable players, not only on defense but as an overall contributor to the Seahawks team and franchise for that matter.

Who do you think would remotely be able to replace him on the field, he is a major game changer out there, the other players know and trust him and his play, he offers a lot of guidance on the field to our youngsters coming up the ranks.

I can only think you must have it out for Richard, because he is bold enough to speak his mind and heart and not give two hoots in hell what anyone else thinks of it or what penalties and or fines that might come his way as a result of it. He is a very rare breed of cat in this world and certainly in this game, and one that I have an immense amount of respect for on many levels..

Its been refreshing to see and hear Richard call folks on their BS, and most of the time he is dead on. and when he;s not , he's been a man about admitting it. How many times have you heard him in interviews, after being asked if he was worried about the repercussions that could come his way, i.e. fines and punishments by the NFL for doing so? his response has consistently been "not much thought at all, the truth is what it is, I must be good for ratings I guess or they would" was one of his many responses, and it doesn't vary much from his other replies.

I can't help but respect someone like Sherman who has the courage, self confidence, and personal integrity, to tell it like he sees it, right or wrong. I think its also what the Seahawks organization as a whole like about him. Does he have a temper, yup, sure does, is he flippant and to the point? yup, sure is, can he be eloquent, professional and thoughtful in his presentations of this concerns, yup, sure can and usually is.

If you take a moment to study and consider who Richard Sherman is, where he comes from, what he's done with his life, not only athletically but academically, you would at very least have an entirely different perspective on who he is as a person and a player. When I see the defense standing in the circle on the field, chanting " whose got my back" the first player that comes to mind that I'd want to have mine on that field would be Richard Sherman.

I say to just silence anymore of this crazy talk about doing anything with Richard Sherman, except resigning him and paying him whatever he is worth. I sure as hell don't want to see him on some other team covering our receivers, he would do it with a real vengeance I'm sure. I would sincerely like to see him spend whatever productive years he has left right where he is, with the Seattle Seahawks as our premier corner back.
Thread winner right there. Awesome post.