Trade Rawls for a LT?

andyh64000

Reaction score
Fade":30d1ujse said:
I would propose in week 8.

LT Bradley Sowell
2017 1st round Pick
2019 Conditional 1st round pick - Conditional on the Seahawks winning a Superbowl in '16, '17, or '18. If not it reverts to a 3rd round pick.

Bradley Sowell gives them a stop gap LT for the rest of the year, another 1st round pick to hasten their rebuild, and a good chance at another 1st rounder, at worst they get another 3rd rounder.

Seattle gets a premier LT in his thirties, at an affordable price for the next 2.5 years. 2016 -$5.18M, 2017 -$10M, 2018 -$10M.

THE BIG POINT
----------------------
If Seattle is going to spend a 1st rounder on a LT in the upcoming draft, you might as well spend it now on a known quantity in Joe Thomas. A 1st round LT in 2017 can't help you now, and there is no guarantee a rookie will be any good anyway. (See Tom Cable, and his track record with Offensive Tackles.)

As an additional note, and why it makes a lot of sense is Seattle has no major free agents in 2017 to spend cap on. C-Mike, Luke Willson, and the Kicker are their big Free Agents. Mike B, & Kam may get extensions this upcoming off-season, but that will lead to them having lower cap numbers in 2017, or at worst the same.

This is not a move that only helps the Seahawks for the rest of this year, but for the next 2.5 years. ('16-'17-'18.)

BOTTOM LINE
--------------------
This move fits under the salary cap. The only question is the Browns may be asking for a king's ransom, and Seattle are weighing / thinking they might be able to get away with Sowell at LT, and still win a Superbowl.

I agree with this except the problem is scheme. LT is not as complicated as many positions but it is still complicated...especially the way Cable runs the O-line.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
beastalamode":1fi6805u said:
Not necessarily with the browns, I just used them as an example. there's gotta be some team out there with a decent LT that would be interested in Rawls.
Teams don't trade 'decent LTs.' Maybe in EA Sports.

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk

Fade

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":25ewqhw1 said:
beastalamode":25ewqhw1 said:
Not necessarily with the browns, I just used them as an example. there's gotta be some team out there with a decent LT that would be interested in Rawls.
Teams don't trade 'decent LTs.' Maybe in EA Sports.

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk

In 2013 the Jags traded one of their cornerstone players LT Eugene Monroe to the Baltimore Ravens.

It happens when a team is really bad, and they are in full re-build mode. Like the Browns currently as an example.

dadof3

Reaction score
I like it, but I don't want to give up on Rawls. I think we should give them Collins and a seventh, but only if they agree to pay part of Thomas' salary.

dadof3

Reaction score
CANHawk":3kxk76sc said:
Lol. Maybe if we add some magic beans or something...

Sent from my spare phone by the toilet using Tapatalk
Or magic water. It heals high ankle and MCL sprains.

Seafan

Reaction score
beastalamode":3kjrh0lc said:
I'm thinking maybe the browns might bite if we packaged him with a 2nd rounder. Joe Thomas is the piece that makes us the super bowl fave. :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:

No instead the Hawks should trade their LT for a healer and fix Rawls' leg. Or they can wait.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Michael is signed through this year. So you trade Rawls and you have what after this year at RB?

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
beastalamode":bsigqb0p said:
there's gotta be some team out there with a decent LT that would be interested in Rawls.

Umm, no, there doesn't. There isn't a team on the planet that would have the slightest interest in trading a quality and healthy LT for a RB with a broken leg and a bionic ankle.

Never mind the fact that the Hawks don't have the cap space to take on Joe Thomas' $8.3M salary.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Rawls for Cam Newton. Then we would have our back up QB.

Rawls for Antonio Brown. We can always use more pedestrians.

Rawls for AP...... Even trade since both are hurt.

Rawls for Watt. Invest in the future.

Rawls for Hardy. We could use the distraction.

Rawls for Matt Hasselbeck. Why not?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sowell didn't look that bad against the Jets. Give him some more time.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":ox6yozwg said:
Sowell didn't look that bad against the Jets. Give him some more time.

Overall I felt that the line did quite well against the Jets. Russ had a clear pocket to throw from a good portion of plays.