Touchdown celebrations

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
I like the in the moment celebrations. You feel something after a touchdown, and you just do it. Not these choreographed dance routines where it feels like an episode of America’s got talent, and announcers are now judging the 1-2 step instead of the play. I think there is a balance, and it’s gone a bit over the top. I don’t hate it, just think it’s really silly/corny.

What I think is way too far is seeing defenses start to celebrate sacks and interceptions this way. I can’t recall the game, but saw an entire team run (probably 60 yards) into the end zone after a normal interception (everyone knew it had been blown dead immediately) and did some elaborate celebration. I mean come on man.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seymour":mus5fg8c said:
Uncle Si":mus5fg8c said:
Vesuve":mus5fg8c said:
The TD celebrations are childish and stupid.

So are sports...

Taking the actions of highly (highly) paid grown men playing a kids game too seriously is really missing the point of watching other people play games for your entertainment.

So much wrong with this statement. Kids game? More like kids are trying to play a mans game. Hence flag / touch football and less and less parents letting their kids even play.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/sports/football/tackle-football-brain-youth.html

Wow... i mean i was being somewhat sarcastic. But your comment is just dumb.

Wonder where all of these TD dancing players learned to play.

Because adults do it better doesnt make it any less a game (like all games) for kids. Spare me the web link or refutation... that discussion was had in a few different threads. all games can lead to injuries. Check out concussions in girls soccer.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Heard on the radio they may be planning to reenact the "Tip" if we score a TD this weekend. That would be epic.

Think I'll go play on some old mans lawn.

Seymour

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3fqv4h20 said:
Seymour":3fqv4h20 said:
Uncle Si":3fqv4h20 said:
Vesuve":3fqv4h20 said:
The TD celebrations are childish and stupid.

So are sports...

Taking the actions of highly (highly) paid grown men playing a kids game too seriously is really missing the point of watching other people play games for your entertainment.

So much wrong with this statement. Kids game? More like kids are trying to play a mans game. Hence flag / touch football and less and less parents letting their kids even play.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/sports/football/tackle-football-brain-youth.html

Because adults do it better doesnt make it any less a game (like all games) for kids. Spare me the web link or refutation... that discussion was had in a few different threads. all games can lead to injuries. Check out concussions in girls soccer.

I said less and less kids are playing tackle football, and you think that is dumb? Figures.... :roll:

That is just plain ridiculous. This is no longer a "kids game", and it never really should have been given what's been learned from history (talking tackle FB, not flag or touch)

Also your idea that "because it's a kids game, they should act like Jr. High school drama students" is nothing more than a whiff at making a valid point.

This link isn't for you, it's for those that will listen to modern facts.

https://thepioneeronline.com/36402/sports/youth-football-participation-on-the-decline/

Football is seeing a decline in participation at all levels. High school football participation is down 3.5 percent in the U.S. over the past five years, according to an annual survey conducted by the National Association of State High School Federations. Thousand Oaks High School in Ventura County cut their junior varsity football team this season since they need younger athletes to fill out the varsity roster.

With increasing studies and data about CTE being released every day, it is no coincidence that youth football is a starting point in the efforts of eliminating tackle football.

jmahon316

Reaction score
StoneCold":126sykb4 said:
Heard on the radio they may be planning to reenact the "Tip" if we score a TD this weekend. That would be epic.

Holy s**t that would be so insanely epic I don't even know how I'd react....

SeaChickN

Reaction score
StoneCold":vyej5f9t said:
Heard on the radio they may be planning to reenact the "Tip" if we score a TD this weekend. That would be epic. .

Ha! I was wondering if they would try the "Tip". I wonder who will play Richard... Malcolm Smith was there too.

I was annoyed by the celebrations at first, but once I realized how much fun the guys seem to be having with it, I decided it's OK-- these guys actually seem to enjoy each other's company, and that can only help going forward. And their celebrations don't suck, unlike some other teams' (I'm sorry, that "limbo" didn't go low enough...).

I'm heading towards the older side of the lawn myself. Some of you old crotchety guys need to lighten up a bit... :p

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seymour":3eu4psc3 said:
Uncle Si":3eu4psc3 said:
Seymour":3eu4psc3 said:
Uncle Si":3eu4psc3 said:
So are sports...

I said less and less kids are playing tackle football, and you think that is dumb? Figures.... :roll:

That is just plain ridiculous. This is no longer a "kids game", and it never really should have been given what's been learned from history (talking tackle FB, not flag or touch)

Also your idea that "because it's a kids game, they should act like Jr. High school drama students" is nothing more than a whiff at making a valid point.

This link isn't for you, it's for those that will listen to modern facts.

https://thepioneeronline.com/36402/sports/youth-football-participation-on-the-decline/

Football is seeing a decline in participation at all levels. High school football participation is down 3.5 percent in the U.S. over the past five years, according to an annual survey conducted by the National Association of State High School Federations. Thousand Oaks High School in Ventura County cut their junior varsity football team this season since they need younger athletes to fill out the varsity roster.

With increasing studies and data about CTE being released every day, it is no coincidence that youth football is a starting point in the efforts of eliminating tackle football.

Im just messing with you (which is too easy)

This was a big topic some time ago. Everything you posted (dripping in your typical condescension) was discussed. Football is dangerous and parents are pulling their kids and youth leagues are trying to adjust.

14 kids a year die playing football...

Its still a kids game.. as are all games. Organized sports will always incur injury, as it does at the pro level

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
SeaChickN":15tdxjuu said:
StoneCold":15tdxjuu said:
Heard on the radio they may be planning to reenact the "Tip" if we score a TD this weekend. That would be epic. .

Ha! I was wondering if they would try the "Tip". I wonder who will play Richard... Malcolm Smith was there too.

I was annoyed by the celebrations at first, but once I realized how much fun the guys seem to be having with it, I decided it's OK-- these guys actually seem to enjoy each other's company, and that can only help going forward. And their celebrations don't suck, unlike some other teams' (I'm sorry, that "limbo" didn't go low enough...).

I'm heading towards the older side of the lawn myself. Some of you old crotchety guys need to lighten up a bit... :p

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JasonPuckett20/status/1067508292895686656[/tweet]

I know I'll get in trouble for this, but...

thisisonlytoofittinggiventhatKeenanisnolongeronanactiveNFLroster :escape:

Jac

Reaction score
jmahon316":2400iez7 said:
StoneCold":2400iez7 said:

Holy s**t that would be so insanely epic I don't even know how I'd react....

Oh man, this is one time when the word epic might be understated. If they re-enacted the whole thing through the Erin Andrews interview (and did a good job with it), it'll get replayed for years to come.

rcaido

Reaction score
It would be awesome if the TD is on Sherman! Im sure he would get a good laugh about it too.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":8so0rv2y said:
I know I'll get in trouble for this, but...

thisisonlytoofittinggiventhatKeenanisnolongeronanactiveNFLroster :escape:

Perfect! :lol: