Tonights game

cymatica

Reaction score
"We are built for winning when the opposing team doesn't have their best receiver and drops multiple easy catches, including one that would have put them in field-goal range to win it at the end of the game!"
The Lions of yesteryear wouldn't have been in that game even with some dropped passes.

RiverDog

Reaction score
The Chief's receiving corps is hot garbage. Outside of Valdez- Scantling - who even are all those other guys? They have 7 WR on their active roster - pretty clear they know they have issues. Mahomes is a miracle worker - but even he can't cover up this mess. Having Kelce back will certainly help enormously - but damn the rest of them are awful.
Agreed. There were a number of dropped passes, one pass that should have been caught which turned into a pick 6 and the difference in the game. But, then again, Mahomes was forcing the ball alot, too, and got away with a couple of passes that should have been intercepted. And yes, not having Kelce hurt big time.

The stats and the score were very close, with the Lions holding a slight edge in both departments. The Lions deserved to win as their defense rose to the occasion. They were on the road in a hostile environment facing the world champs. They're going to be a tough out for us next weekend, and they'll have an extra few days to prepare.

Last edited:

Torc

Reaction score
I'm nervous that the Chiefs might come trying to get Bobo in a trade. :p He's better than any of the Chiefs receivers from what I saw last night. The pick 6 literally went through the receivers hands - even knocking that ball down would have resulted in a Chiefs win.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Agreed. There were a number of dropped passes, one pass that should have been caught which turned into a pick 6 and the difference in the game. But, then again, Mahomes was forcing the ball alot, too, and got away with a couple of passes that should have been intercepted. And yes, not having Kelce hurt big time.

The stats and the score were very close, with the Lions holding a slight edge in both departments. The Lions deserved to win as their defense rose to the occasion. They're going to be a tough out for us next weekend, and they'll have an extra few days to prepare.

Run defense against Montgomery. That o line. God

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'm nervous that the Chiefs might come trying to get Bobo in a trade. :p He's better than any of the Chiefs receivers from what I saw last night. The pick 6 literally went through the receivers hands - even knocking that ball down would have resulted in a Chiefs win.
I wouldn't be 'nervous' about the Chiefs making a move for Bobo. It's a great position to be in.

I gotta see how we look against the Rams this Sunday, but as it stands now, I don't like our chances against the Lions next weekend. Hutchinson is a beast and will test our young OL, Goff an experienced QB with a decent receiving corp. They have 10 days to prepare and we have a long road trip. Did you guys see how many Lions fans showed up in KC and how rowdy they were? They're going to be bloodthirsty in their home opener.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
I don't like our chances against the Lions next weekend.
Guaranteed we put up at least 30 against them like last year. The Lions were fortunate Kelce wasn’t playing or it would’ve been a blowout. Detroit is good but the Hawks are more than likely elite this year

hawkfan68

Reaction score
While the Lions seem improved, they are not a juggernaut and they didn't play all that well last night. They were given the game by the Chiefs. The Chiefs beat themselves more than the Lions beat them. Receivers dropping passes. Untimely penalties on defensive to keep Lions drives alive. Bad defensive play. Heck they had Lions in a 3rd and long situation plenty of times and couldn't stop them. KC defense was a shade of 2021-2022 Seahawk defense. Plus, the Chiefs were down 2 of their top 3 players. Lions still only won by an extra point.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I don't care what kind of excuses you want to make for the Chiefs, but any time a team that in the previous season failed to make the playoffs goes into the defending SB champ's backyard and beats them in the season opener, it's a major accomplishment.

This wasn't a fluke. The Lions bested the Chiefs statistically, with more first downs, more passing yards, more rushing yards, won TOP battle, and had just the one turnover. The defense held up in the final minutes. Goff outplayed Mahomes. Campbell outcoached Reid. Even their fan base showed up.

The Lions won 8 of their last 10 games last season, and now they open 2023 by defeating the Chiefs on the road. They'll have 10 days off to prepare for us and will be playing at home in what is sure to be a raucous, hyped up crowd that hasn't so much as played in a Super Bowl.

We'll have to wait until this Sunday to see how well we perform against a team that we should beat at home to get a better feel for our chances, but no matter what happens, we're going to have to bring our 'A' game to beat this Lions team in their building. They are very dangerous and could be the surprise team of the season.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
While the Lions seem improved, they are not a juggernaut and they didn't play all that well last night. They were given the game by the Chiefs. The Chiefs beat themselves more than the Lions beat them. Receivers dropping passes. Untimely penalties on defensive to keep Lions drives alive. Bad defensive play. Heck they had Lions in a 3rd and long situation plenty of times and couldn't stop them. KC defense was a shade of 2021-2022 Seahawk defense. Plus, the Chiefs were down 2 of their top 3 players. Lions still only won by an extra point.
Exactly

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hey so, for those excusing the Lions win because Kelce was injured and not playing - gonna do same for a possible Hawks win without Kupp playing?
No, because Kansas City gave that game away. I will never believe the Rams would ever sleepwalk like that in a game against us regardless. Part of the reason I like you is that you aren't a bitch but you defend your team regardless. I can respect that.
But fact is Jones and Kelce are gamechangers just like Kupp they aren't plug and play players.

I for one enjoy your viewpoint and I like that you seem to like it here because it tells me we as Seahawk fans try to respect everyone even Marvin.

Last edited:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The Lions will be up next weekend against our boys opening them against the team that beat them out of a playoff spot last season.

The true question of how good they actually are will be revealed against our guys then. KC looked out of sync against them and they did mostly contain Mahommes. KC's WR corps were embarrassing themselves all game.

must say that I think the Hawks will be in for a struggle against the team I saw last night.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
The Lions will be up next weekend against our boys opening them against the team that beat them out of a playoff spot last season.

The true question of how good they actually are will be revealed against our guys then. KC looked out of sync against them and they did mostly contain Mahommes. KC's WR corps were embarrassing themselves all game.

must say that I think the Hawks will be in for a struggle against the team I saw last night.
I'm not liking us v Detroit but I need to see us in action before I crown Detroit as elite.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I gotta wonder about Andy Reid's decision making. Twice on 4th and 2 he decides to kick a FG, the second time extending the lead to just 6 and still left the Lions within a TD of winning instead of going for it where a TD would make it a two-score game in the 4th quarter.

OK, fine, he's playing it conservatively, doesn't have a lot of confidence in an offense that was having a bit of an off night, maybe has a little more trust in his defense to keep the Lions out of the end zone. After all, Detroit's offense had hit paydirt just once during the game, and that was back in the 1st quarter.

But with just over 2 minutes left, trailing by a single point with the 2-minute warning and all 3 timeouts in his pocket, 4th down and 25 from his own 30, he decides to go for it. What are the odds of converting on 4th and 25?

And here this guy, next to Belichick is arguably the best active coach in the game. It doesn't make a lot of sense.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I gotta wonder about Andy Reid's decision making. Twice on 4th and 2 he decides to kick a FG, the second time extending the lead to just 6 and still left the Lions within a TD of winning instead of going for it where a TD would make it a two-score game in the 4th quarter.

OK, fine, he's playing it conservatively, doesn't have a lot of confidence in an offense that was having a bit of an off night, maybe has a little more trust in his defense to keep the Lions out of the end zone. After all, Detroit's offense had hit paydirt just once during the game, and that was back in the 1st quarter.

But with just over 2 minutes left, trailing by a single point with the 2-minute warning and all 3 timeouts in his pocket, 4th down and 25 from his own 30, he decides to go for it. What are the odds of converting on 4th and 25?

And here this guy, next to Belichick is arguably the best active coach in the game. It doesn't make a lot of sense.
That play call would have made more sense if they still had Hill, Kelce, or Smith-Schuster. It didn't make sense because none of those guys were available to the Chiefs and those who were couldn't catch a cold much less a football.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score

I don't care I love when anyone in the AFC West or New England screws up and loses. And if San Francisco and Los Angeles lose even better.

I know I had my knowledge of the Seahawk a little wrong but I was a 10 year old girl and loved being with my father and he loved the Seahawks. So I'm not a stat person but I'm not stupid and feel my opinions are knowledge-based and real.

Last edited: