Tonights game

RiverDog

Reaction score
I don't care I love when anyone in the AFC West or New England screws up and loses. And if San Francisco and Los Angeles lose even better.

I know I had my knowledge of the Seahawk a little wrong but I was a 10 year old girl and loved being with my father and he loved the Seahawks. So I'm not a stat person but I'm not stupid and feel my opinions are knowledge-based and real.
You must be mistaking me for some other poster. I never once thought that you were stupid, to the contrary, IMO you have displayed a very good football knowledge, have reasonable takes, and I enjoy debating you.

Don't worry about getting the historical of the Seahawks wrong. Some of us have an advantage in that we're a few years older so our memories are pretty clear vs. that of a person 30+ years younger. I was 21 years old when the Seahawks played their first regular season game.

If I said something that offended you, I sincerely apologize.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
I'm nervous that the Chiefs might come trying to get Bobo in a trade. :p He's better than any of the Chiefs receivers from what I saw last night. The pick 6 literally went through the receivers hands - even knocking that ball down would have resulted in a Chiefs win.
They better offer a 2nd rounder or better. We got a QB to draft next year and need ammo to trade up

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Hey so, for those excusing the Lions win because Kelce was injured and not playing - gonna do same for a possible Hawks win without Kupp playing?
I like your style. But as for me, I thought the Lions deserved that win despite what anyone else says. I knew before the year started that the Lions were a team not to sleep on and to watch, I saw them being a dark horse and severely under-estimated before last night's game so it wasn't a surprise to me that they won. It made me incredibly happy to see them walk into Arrowhead and give the Chiefs their first loss of the season. I don't expect them to beat us next week though, I feel like we're better rounded than the Chiefs were last night.

cymatica

Reaction score
I'm nervous that the Chiefs might come trying to get Bobo in a trade. :p He's better than any of the Chiefs receivers from what I saw last night. The pick 6 literally went through the receivers hands - even knocking that ball down would have resulted in a Chiefs win.
Brings back memories of Brady getting flustered with garbage WRs

cymatica

Reaction score
I think it's all the, "Wow! Did you see that?! This is the best player to ever do it ... until the next game that I'm calling" slobbering that gets under people's skin.
I enjoy the excitement, it adds to the atmosphere. There's certain vibes and feelings about sports games broadcasts that become accentuated by the announcers "aura" or whatever you want to call it. Collinsworth is kind of goofy and maybe doesn't sound like your typical classic NFL voice, but he's passionate about the game and you can hear it when he speaks. It's almost like a Pete Caroll level excitement for the sport.

I think it's also me getting old. I remember early mid 2000s in my 20s with madden and Michael's then the transition to Collinsworth and it's almost been a tradition.

RiverDog

Reaction score
They better offer a 2nd rounder or better. We got a QB to draft next year and need ammo to trade up
No one is going to trade that high of a pick for an unproven UDFA. Any team that likes him that much to where they would divvy up a 2nd rounder nearly sight unseen would have drafted him in the first place.

Ruminator

Reaction score
No question Hutch was a huge factor in Lions' win, constantly going after Mahomes such that many of his throws were under duress. He didn't put up a lot of stats and had zero sacks, but pretty sure he had an impact on the catchability of some of Mahomes' passes. If Lions somehow manage another W vs Seattle, Hutch will again be instrumental, but I think that game will be decided by a TD or less, Seattle winning.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
No one is going to trade that high of a pick for an unproven UDFA. Any team that likes him that much to where they would divvy up a 2nd rounder nearly sight unseen would have drafted him in the first place.
A guy can dream 😅

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
You must be mistaking me for some other poster. I never once thought that you were stupid, to the contrary, IMO you have displayed a very good football knowledge, have reasonable takes, and I enjoy debating you.

Don't worry about getting the historical of the Seahawks wrong. Some of us have an advantage in that we're a few years older so our memories are pretty clear vs. that of a person 30+ years younger. I was 21 years old when the Seahawks played their first regular season game.

If I said something that offended you, I sincerely apologize.
Not even romotely. No apology needed.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
No question Hutch was a huge factor in Lions' win, constantly going after Mahomes such that many of his throws were under duress. He didn't put up a lot of stats and had zero sacks, but pretty sure he had an impact on the catchability of some of Mahomes' passes. If Lions somehow manage another W vs Seattle, Hutch will again be instrumental, but I think that game will be decided by a TD or less, Seattle winning.
Don't think so.

Scout

Reaction score
The thing you have to understand about the Lions was they needed help in the secondary as their pass defense was very vulnerable last year. They addressed it this year by drafting branch, and bringing in Sutton. The Lions pass rush being fierce also helps as well but they are simply improved from a year ago or it looks like it with their only game played so far.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
We got humbled but it’s week 1. No need for panic
What's frustrating is the fact I want panic and a possibility at a shot at Caleb I have wanted Pete either outright gone or stripped like Holmgren for at least 5 years.. The game has obviously passed him by, and I don't like bread pudding which is the only use of stale bread I know of.

I'm really ready for total change top to bottom and a quarterback that's actually big time. So just keep doing you Pete I'm pretty confident you can achieve 5-12: this year and hopefully once you've gone in 2025 in hospice so we can have a couple more worse years like San Francisco always seems to do.

I hate that you have way too much power and have an ownership in your pocket that doesn't give a ****. It's like being a better Cleveland before they figured things out.

Last edited: