Todd Gurley

RedAlice

Reaction score
On the Rams board we are arguing about kinda the same thing. We need Offensive Coaching help. Now. Won't happen this season.

Rams D is fine.

RedAlice

Reaction score
peppersjap":1moeakvn said:
The Rams have so much talent but for some reason can't always put it together. They remind me a little of the Seahawks a couple of years ago in that they are there own worst enemy. They had a couple of idiotic late hits that they fortunately didn't get penalized on and there was no way the Cunningham fumble should have been blown dead, that wasn't even close. I am happy with the way things turned out. I was very impressed with Gurley but mostly with his knowledge of the game that was mentioned earlier......dude didn't care about stats. The most impressive thing I saw in the game though was the TD that Foles threw where he double pumped because Buchanon jumped in his passing lane, he pulled the ball back and still found his receiver with a perfect pass. The Rams fleeced the Eagles on that trade, Foles is way better than Bradford!

Oh, and you get a hug for just that. I don't see a hug emoji: but, hug.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
kearly":3uk6ldcu said:
He kind of reminds me of DeMarco Murray. He's more athlete than pure runner, but if you give him lanes to run through he's a scary mofo. The Cardinals defense is mostly soft towards the back end, but sometimes it takes a beast of a RB to make that soft side show itself. Watching the back seven attempting to tackle Gurley in the second half gave me flashbacks to the Brian Russell era of the Seahawks D.

One of his biggest strengths coming out of college was his vision....and that was on full display in this game. He seems to have a combination of vision, power and speed that is only possessed by one of two RBs in the NFL...hopefully he can stay healthy.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Ramfan128":1vhfso17 said:
kearly":1vhfso17 said:
He kind of reminds me of DeMarco Murray. He's more athlete than pure runner, but if you give him lanes to run through he's a scary mofo. The Cardinals defense is mostly soft towards the back end, but sometimes it takes a beast of a RB to make that soft side show itself. Watching the back seven attempting to tackle Gurley in the second half gave me flashbacks to the Brian Russell era of the Seahawks D.

One of his biggest strengths coming out of college was his vision....and that was on full display in this game. He seems to have a combination of vision, power and speed that is only possessed by one of two RBs in the NFL...hopefully he can stay healthy.

One game and you are already comparing him to Marshawn Lynch.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":27syfkr4 said:
Ramfan128":27syfkr4 said:
kearly":27syfkr4 said:

One game and you are already comparing him to Marshawn Lynch.

Not really...all I said is that he has a combo that few at RB possess. He has traits that Forte doesn't possess, but he isn't nearly the RB Forte is right now.

Physically I think he compares to Lynch and Peterson...but he has to hold up before he gets that comparison.

chris98251

Reaction score
To look like Lynch he has to blow people up, run through contact and I don't mean slapping at your thigh pads, also his lateral movement has to be crab like to shift in the hole. One game is really hard to evaluate the traits of a Running back.

RedAlice

Reaction score
I dont want to compare Gurley to anyone, claim he is like anyone, or even see the need to.

He is him. He's played one game well, and seems to be very talented and smart. I'm good with him just being him and let's see how he develops. I consider this year a training time.

And, good memory Peaches.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RedAlice":3v0bz1uu said:
Highlights from Sunday if you want to wach. Since this is he Gurley thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdKlS5t ... r_embedded
I hold out hope that Arizona didn't account for him and had no way to scheme for him. I fear I may be wrong but being I'm Capricorn and pretty cynical about the whole thing called LIFE I figure he'll end up somewhere towards the top middle because.....Rams ;)

RedAlice

Reaction score
And, you are wonderfully and perfectly allowed your opinion. ;)

Like I said, I consider this year to be his training year and I don't count 2015 for much. But, I like what I saw on Sunday in many ways. Just watching him run is a thing of beauty no matter whose team he is on. Plus, the smarts.

GB will be able to plan for him next week. Tho, it's not like AZ is a slack Defense. Obviously.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RedAlice":2ljx0d9v said:

Like I said, I consider this year to be his training year and I don't count 2015 for much. But, I like what I saw on Sunday in many ways. Just watching him run is a thing of beauty no matter whose team he is on. Plus, the smarts.

GB will be able to plan for him next week. Tho, it's not like AZ is a slack Defense. Obviously.
I knew it was going to circle around to it being Rams v Seahawks like the old days. I just hoped it wouldn't happen this soon. Luckily this time WE have the HoF in the making quarterback and it's a quarterback driven league.:)

RedAlice

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":20bm5ube said:
RedAlice":20bm5ube said:

I knew it was going to circle around to it being Rams v Seahawks like the old days. I just hoped it wouldn't happen this soon. Luckily this time WE have the HoF in the making quarterback and it's a quarterback driven league.:)

Even in the ugly game last night, Wilson looked good even with all the sacks. So, yes you do.

I'm simply happy right now not to have B and am enjoying Foles. They haven't shown any consistency yet though, so I'm not putting them in any contention until they do.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Hopefully, Gurley plays like Steven Jackson did vs the Seahawks and NEVER has over 100 yards in a game.

Rex

Reaction score
Looking forward to Gurley making every team the Rams play pay big in yardage each game. :th2thumbs: :0190l: