Todd Gurley

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":39z40kn5 said:
What I was most impressed with Gurley was his football IQ near the end of the game. There were a couple games where he could have gotten extra yards but would have had to go out of bounds.....instead he slid down to keep the clock running. And then on the last run that sealed the game, rather than running the score up and taking the TD, he simply slid down which ended the game.

It probably ticked off stat guys that are looking for Numbers that mean stats which are better than what is needed for a W. He could have gone another 4 to 6 yards and stayed in the field of play too. I like what I saw here with him as some have said in this thread. Great work.

RedAlice

Reaction score
kearly":2k51yzjv said:
He kind of reminds me of DeMarco Murray. He's more athlete than pure runner, but if you give him lanes to run through he's a scary mofo. The Cardinals defense is mostly soft towards the back end, but sometimes it takes a beast of a RB to make that soft side show itself. Watching the back seven attempting to tackle Gurley in the second half gave me flashbacks to the Brian Russell era of the Seahawks D.

I'm not going to understand what you just said until I can watch the game on Game Pass tomorrow. Thanks for the insight...I will keep it in mind while re-watching.

For my quick thoughts watching the game in a crowded bar, our Oline is not great, but he took any opening he got and used it. I was suprised more than once to see him get out of a crazy spot and run.

Well, I 'm just gonna keep my happy feeling for tonight. Will re-watch the game to better see it tomorrow. Btw, I also re-watched both losses the next day. This will be a happier Monday.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
Smellyman":w8q29iqd said:
RedAlice":w8q29iqd said:
Smellyman":w8q29iqd said:
Hawk-Lock":w8q29iqd said:
What I was most impressed with Gurley was his football IQ near the end of the game. There were a couple games where he could have gotten extra yards but would have had to go out of bounds.....instead he slid down to keep the clock running. And then on the last run that sealed the game, rather than running the score up and taking the TD, he simply slid down which ended the game.

Of course from Fisher to Foles to everybody in the huddle could've been saying over and over stay in bounds.

You are just looking for the negative.

He went for the game win instead of a TD. He gets it.

Nah. Just saying everyone was aware and you're not a MENSA if you stay in bounds to run clock. Slobbering over "IQ" for staying in bounds bugs me for ANY player.

I guess the bar is pretty low though. ~cough~ Chritine Michael.....

Football IQ is different than IQ. Don't get too caught up in it. There are plenty of guys who despite being told to get down in bounds, just can't hold it together long enough to keep it in bounds.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Based on what I saw today, he is going to be a special player. I knew his physical talents, but what he did mentally was more than impressive. He sacrificed his stats for the well being of the team. Very few rookies would do that.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1z5lp4ee said:

Actually his team mate signaled him to go down.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Smellyman":11u6inl2 said:
RedAlice":11u6inl2 said:
Smellyman":11u6inl2 said:
Hawk-Lock":11u6inl2 said:

Of course from Fisher to Foles to everybody in the huddle could've been saying over and over stay in bounds.

Nah. Just saying everyone was aware and you're not a MENSA if you stay in bounds to run clock. Slobbering over "IQ" for staying in bounds bugs me for ANY player.

Excatly. Whoopie doo for doing what should be obvious even for Captain Obvious. Though I'm glad it's back to being between Seattle and St . Louis for the division again it's always bothered me that Arizona is even in the conversation I just can't buy in concerning them. The Rams? I can with Gurley because with him Foles and Fisher they're officially dangerous, too much for my comfort given the injuries to Lynch and Mebane.

RedAlice

Reaction score
JesterHawk":2gg59ff2 said:
Smellyman":2gg59ff2 said:
RedAlice":2gg59ff2 said:
Smellyman":2gg59ff2 said:

Football IQ is different than IQ. Don't get too caught up in it. There are plenty of guys who despite being told to get down in bounds, just can't hold it together long enough to keep it in bounds.

Let Smelly have his hate. It makes him feel better.

RedAlice

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2yg6mn86 said:
Smellyman":2yg6mn86 said:
RedAlice":2yg6mn86 said:
Smellyman":2yg6mn86 said:

Excatly. Whoopie doo for doing what should be obvious even for Captain Obvious. Though I'm glad it's back to being between Seattle and St . Louis for the division again it's always bothered me that Arizona is even in the conversation I just can't buy in concerning them. The Rams? I can with Gurley because with him Foles and Fisher they're officially dangerous, too much for my comfort given the injuries to Lynch and Mebane.

Today was a solid game for both Rams and Cards. NO way around that. That was a hard fought game and very well played - with nothing of the tricks all of you complain about - your division rivals are playing good football.

Title seems still up in the air, and not sure Rams are even in it yet. Still seems AZ and Hawks.

RedAlice

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":bqd0elr6 said:
Either way the Rams just did us a solid Alice. So I say let's pay it forward when the time comes.

Agree!!!

Honestly, I am less interested in Rams win loss this year and more interested to see them becoming a team to move forward. I was not dissapointed last week (frustrated!!!!) . I loved this week. Week 2 was everything that is wrong v DC.

That said, beating the undefeated Cards felt good because it was a hard fought and honest game. I saw a lot of good things about both the Cards and the Rams in this game. But, we won!!!

Rex

Reaction score
Smellyman":3te8j73d said:
Hawk-Lock":3te8j73d said:

No doubt. :th2thumbs:

Rex

Reaction score
RedAlice":twfv5lns said:
kearly":twfv5lns said:
He kind of reminds me of DeMarco Murray. He's more athlete than pure runner, but if you give him lanes to run through he's a scary mofo. The Cardinals defense is mostly soft towards the back end, but sometimes it takes a beast of a RB to make that soft side show itself. Watching the back seven attempting to tackle Gurley in the second half gave me flashbacks to the Brian Russell era of the Seahawks D.

I'm not going to understand what you just said until I can watch the game on Game Pass tomorrow. Thanks for the insight...I will keep it in mind while re-watching.

For my quick thoughts watching the game in a crowded bar, our Oline is not great, but he took any opening he got and used it. I was suprised more than once to see him get out of a crazy spot and run.

Well, I 'm just gonna keep my happy feeling for tonight. Will re-watch the game to better see it tomorrow. Btw, I also re-watched both losses the next day. This will be a happier Monday.

Actually the O line opened up a couple big holes for him. That is even better news than Gurley's arrival. :th2thumbs:

Rex

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2haj9leb said:

What a turn around for you. :lol:

RedAlice

Reaction score
Rex":tz2jah2x said:
RedAlice":tz2jah2x said:
kearly":tz2jah2x said:

Actually the O line opened up a couple big holes for him. That is even better news than Gurley's arrival. :th2thumbs:

Nice. That will be great to see. Today was happy.

Rex

Reaction score
RedAlice":m63tpnls said:
Today was a solid game for both Rams and Cards. NO way around that. That was a hard fought game and very well played - with nothing of the tricks all of you complain about - your division rivals are playing good football.

Title seems still up in the air, and not sure Rams are even in it yet. Still seems AZ and Hawks.

Well thats the spirit Alice. :roll: I mean the Rams only beat the #1 offense ON THE ROAD! :0190l:

AND correct me if I'm wrong....but wasn't it QUICKLESS? These Rams are the real deal.

RedAlice

Reaction score
What was up w no Quick still? It's becoming kinda weird.

And, #1 offense? hahahaha Hardly.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Rex":8h0xy01i said:
RedAlice":8h0xy01i said:

Well thats the spirit Alice. :roll: I mean the Rams only beat the #1 offense ON THE ROAD! :0190l:

AND correct me if I'm wrong....but wasn't it QUICKLESS? These Rams are the real deal.
Like the optimism Rex but never take statistics at face value or try and convince anyone that Arizona has an elite offense. Green Bay, Pittsburgh*, New England and a couple others now you're talking.

*If they actually have Ben, Bell and their WR that's finally off suspension. Call it the Kam Effect. It's amazing how a team changes when they have their brain, heart and soul actually on the field playing and healthy.

RedAlice

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1jso60bz said:
Rex":1jso60bz said:
RedAlice":1jso60bz said:

Like the optimism Rex but never take statistics at face value or try and convince anyone that Arizona has an elite offense. Green Bay, Pittsburgh*, New England and a couple others now you're talking.

*If they actually have Ben, Bell and their WR that's finally off suspension. Call it the Kam Effect. It's amazing how a team changes when they have their brain, heart and soul actually on the field playing and healthy.

Rex is wrong. AZ is not even close to the best Offense imo.

But, Mizzou - Pittsburgh started the game v Rams with Ben. Rams are the one who took him out (legally and fairly, no issues there). They also had Bell back for his debut. It was a full Pitts team we lost to in a tough game.

We played the healthiest and fullest Pitts team any team has played this year. Tough game.

peppersjap

Reaction score
The Rams have so much talent but for some reason can't always put it together. They remind me a little of the Seahawks a couple of years ago in that they are there own worst enemy. They had a couple of idiotic late hits that they fortunately didn't get penalized on and there was no way the Cunningham fumble should have been blown dead, that wasn't even close. I am happy with the way things turned out. I was very impressed with Gurley but mostly with his knowledge of the game that was mentioned earlier......dude didn't care about stats. The most impressive thing I saw in the game though was the TD that Foles threw where he double pumped because Buchanon jumped in his passing lane, he pulled the ball back and still found his receiver with a perfect pass. The Rams fleeced the Eagles on that trade, Foles is way better than Bradford!

Latest posts