To get the #2 seed

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
McGruff":3s3uobw9 said:
The Cowboys haven't played well for 3 weeks. Their rookies are hitting a wall.

The Lions have won 5 straight. The Bucs have won 5 straight.

They will end the season with 4 straight losses. They are not a good team. They are an average that has played an cupcake schedule and eked out some close wins.

Have you seen the Lions schedule? Here is who they've beaten in their little streak of winning 8 of their last 9 games: Philly, LA, Washington, @Minnesota, Jacksonville, Minnesota, @New Olreans, Chicago. You can't really make fun of the Cowboys schedule, and then defend the Lions. Lions have played a pathetic schedule, good chance none of those teams that I listed will make the playoffs. But we will find out just how good the Lions are with their three remaining games.

Tampa I just can't really get on board with. I don't know why. Dallas hasn't been squeeking out wins IMO. They struggled against the Giants, it happens. Every NFL team has one really bad loss, that was Dallas'. They squeeked out a win on the road on Thursday Night Football on the road against Minnesota. Most teams would be happy to go into Minnesota on a short week and win, regardless of the score. And pretty much every other game before that they've won in convincing fashion.

But we will find out a lot about the Cowboys, Lions and even the Giants in the three remaining games. The Giants are kind of like the Lions to me, hard to figure out how good they're because of the soft schedule.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
All this good back-and-forth debate just makes it clear to me that we are the team to beat in the NFC :)

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
People who dismiss Dallas as wonky and overachieving seem to forget that we won our Super Bowl in very similar fashion. Consistent juggernauts like the Patriots don't always win; it comes down to finding ways to win close games. That's what Carroll has been doing, and that's what Dallas is now doing.

I don't see Dallas losing to Philly in Week 17, even on the road. I could more easily see them getting the #1 seed and then losing to the Giants in the divisional round of the playoffs, which would leave us hosting the big game.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
McGruff":1h4fjn84 said:

They will end the season with 4 straight losses. They are not a good team. They are an average that has played an cupcake schedule and eked out some close wins.
This guy gets it ^.
:2thumbs:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The problem is the Seahawks have lost games this season to teams they had no business losing to.....the Rams, Saints, Bucs, and Packers. All the teams have weak points, the Seahawks included. No one has a cakewalk. The way the Seahawks have been playing on the road, I could see them dropping the game against 49ers. I hope that doesn't happen but if they play like they did against Packers and Bucs, it very well could.

Foghawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3q55syym said:
McGruff":3q55syym said:

This guy gets it ^.
:2thumbs:

So assuming this becomes reality, at what point do they roll Romo out?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3h8nourv said:
People who dismiss Dallas as wonky and overachieving seem to forget that we won our Super Bowl in very similar fashion. Consistent juggernauts like the Patriots don't always win; it comes down to finding ways to win close games. That's what Carroll has been doing, and that's what Dallas is now doing.

I don't see Dallas losing to Philly in Week 17, even on the road. I could more easily see them getting the #1 seed and then losing to the Giants in the divisional round of the playoffs, which would leave us hosting the big game.

This.

People act like the sky is falling for Dallas. Last I checked they'e won 11 of their last 12 games. A road loss to a quality divisional opponent is far from a bad loss.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2xidxh4b said:
The problem is the Seahawks have lost games this season to teams they had no business losing to.....the Rams, Saints, Bucs, and Packers. All the teams have weak points, the Seahawks included. No one has a cakewalk. The way the Seahawks have been playing on the road, I could see them dropping the game against 49ers. I hope that doesn't happen but if they play like they did against Packers and Bucs, it very well could.

You think the Hawks, potentially with the #2 seed on the line, would lose to a 1-14 Niners team?

Anything is possible but geez man cmon.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
It is possible we win the #1 and stranger things have happened but I wouldn't hold my breath.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Before we overlook Dallas, consider the last team we faced who played a similar schedule and had a similar record going into the post season. Thankfully we won't be playing on the same sort of atrocious field should we meet them this year.

KimboBlubbeus

Reaction score
McGruff":2qmdd2ip said:

How can one criticize the Cowboys schedule and then talk up the Lions? Have you taken a look at their schedule by chance?

KimboBlubbeus

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1d1fquka said:

That's probably the more likely scenario. The Cowboys have still only lost two games by a total of four points. The chance of them completely collapsing is slim. But, they are always ripe for a quick exit in the playoffs as long as the GarrettBot is "running" the show.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
I think the Lions lose to either the Giants or the Cowboys. No way they win both imo

Maulbert

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":5j6nqysi said:
sutz":5j6nqysi said:
McGruff":5j6nqysi said:
Screw #2. I'm still pulling for #1, which is very doable.
Would we win a tie breaker with the 'Boys?

We win out, Dallas loses out, Detroit drops 1 (obviously cant be vs. Dallas)

That puts us at 11-4-1 and Dallas at 11-5. We get the #1 seed.

We cant possibly tie them unless they tie 1 of their remining 3.

We also need the Giants to drop 1 game, as well. If Dallas loses out and goes 11-5 while the Giants win out, the Giants would finish 12-4 and snag the #1 seed, and the Giants have an easier schedule (Detroit, @Philly, @Washington).

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
McGruff":1hfytpi5 said:

Not a good team? They are handling the team that we got whooped by. The NFL is a week to week league. Dallas is still really good and has been all year. They had one bad game and people seriously doubled them. I can't believe some people actually entertained the idea of a QB controversy.

OpHawk

Reaction score
Maulbert":38mi4hke said:
XxXdragonXxX":38mi4hke said:
sutz":38mi4hke said:
McGruff":38mi4hke said:
Screw #2. I'm still pulling for #1, which is very doable.
Would we win a tie breaker with the 'Boys?

We win out, Dallas loses out, Detroit drops 1 (obviously cant be vs. Dallas)

That puts us at 11-4-1 and Dallas at 11-5. We get the #1 seed.

We cant possibly tie them unless they tie 1 of their remining 3.

We also need the Giants to drop 1 game, as well. If Dallas loses out and goes 11-5 while the Giants win out, the Giants would finish 12-4 and snag the #1 seed, and the Giants have an easier schedule (Detroit, @Philly, @Washington).

Dallas doesn't need to lose out, only lose 2 of 3. Giants beat Cowboys twice thus hold tiebreaker

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":2t1capsu said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/FieldGulls/status/810702423568224256[/tweet]

We clinch next week.