And we get
2 1st that we have no shown we can use
2 2nd again we have not shown we can use
we get a journeyman Te
a no name
and drew lock
and we still are on the hook for over half of Wilson cap hit

Seems fair NOT!!!!
Are you already searching for property in Denver?

No need, for John63, the Wilsons always have an extra bedroom in their mansion. And John63 earned it, couldn't happen to a more deserving man.

Smellyman

Reaction score
seahawksny":6c3lic5v said:
hawks85":6c3lic5v said:
I couldn't care less about this trade. Wilson isn't as good as people make him out to be. Now Denver fans will be yelling throw the f*** ball at their TV screens.

Wrong.. because he will do what Pete did not let him do the last 2 to 3 years that kept us winning for his first 7 years in the league. He will run the ball like he knows how

He runs like an arthritic 56 year old with bad knees now who likes to reverse 180 into 17 yard sacks.

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":3ooiu9lt said:
I said this some time ago about Pete, if your not all in you will be out, Wilson has not been all in for a while, but they had to leverage his value and get something, this was calculated, the fact he pushed to come back injured when Geno was actually functional and getting in a rhythm was also telling, Wilson had to market himself and put that ahead of the team I think, he also didn't want Geno to get noticed doing well which would undermine his value also. If Geno looks good and wins then what would that say about a struggling Wilson prior to Geno getting the starts.

100%, when Russ rushed back just when Geno was getting better I knew he is positioning for his off-season trade. And Russell proved us right, didn't he?

Geno doesn't have Russ' arm, nor his poise. But Geno was functioning better, without the deep ball capability, as a Waldron QB. Come to think of it, if Penny comes back, and we keep our WRs, Geno could win us 5-7 games, with a solid defense, even 8-9 games. Not superbowl contender, but wildcard capable lol.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
John63":2vwnyr3o said:
Cyrus12":2vwnyr3o said:
John63":2vwnyr3o said:
djb28":2vwnyr3o said:
I don't like 8t but I also don't like liars. He clearly has lied for 2 years a0s did the organization. I could care less if we start Geno at this point.

So I agree with the organization Lied. I don't agree Wilson did. He has not even approved this trade. However, at this point given it's obvious, the team does not want him and lied why wouldn't he approve. However again Wilson has not even approved it which means he had nothing to do with it.
Do you actually believe this spew or are you just trolling us at this point?? Seriously..

I look at FACTS

PC said they were not looking at trading their QB and then we did that makes it a lie. Wilson said he did not want to be traded and has not approved the deal. Therefore this was done without Wilson's involvement or they would not need his approval as it would have been given already.

And it's going to REQUIRE that he signs off on this trade (that he wanted LAST season), or it doesn't happen...Do you want to wager that he's going to reject the trade and staying put?, and if so, HOW MUCH??

toffee

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2h2oktfp said:
John63":2h2oktfp said:
Cyrus12":2h2oktfp said:
John63":2h2oktfp said:
So I agree with the organization Lied. I don't agree Wilson did. He has not even approved this trade. However, at this point given it's obvious, the team does not want him and lied why wouldn't he approve. However again Wilson has not even approved it which means he had nothing to do with it.
Do you actually believe this spew or are you just trolling us at this point?? Seriously..

I look at FACTS

PC said they were not looking at trading their QB and then we did that makes it a lie. Wilson said he did not want to be traded and has not approved the deal. Therefore this was done without Wilson's involvement or they would not need his approval as it would have been given already.

And it's going to REQUIRE that he signs off on this trade (that he wanted LAST season), or it doesn't happen...Do you want to wager that he's going to reject the trade and staying put?, and if so, HOW MUCH??

I have no doubt with logical deduction and critical debate that Pete did not want Russell to leave, no reason why Pete would want that. Wilson provide job security to Pete and helped hide some of Pete's team issues. This is a simple case of Russ forced his way.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
seahawksny":3rbqpapb said:
hawks85":3rbqpapb said:
I couldn't care less about this trade. Wilson isn't as good as people make him out to be. Now Denver fans will be yelling throw the f*** ball at their TV screens.

Wrong.. because he will do what Pete did not let him do the last 2 to 3 years that kept us winning for his first 7 years in the league. He will run the ball like he knows how

Ummm you havent noticed his slow, plodding legs?

If he tries running again, the league will laugh hysterically

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":36u6z6am said:
While I'm not happy he was traded: 2 firsts, 2 seconds, a 5th and 3 players (well, 2 plus Lock who likely gets traded later) isn't exactly getting fleeced. That's a pretty good haul. If it would have been 3 firsts, a second and a 5th plus those players, I doubt people are that mad about it.

It was 3 firsts. Fant was selected at 20 and has had two pretty productive seasons in a row with 60+ receptions and 670+ yards.

HawkFreak

Reaction score
chris98251":nfinv3nr said:
I said this some time ago about Pete, if your not all in you will be out, Wilson has not been all in for a while, but they had to leverage his value and get something, this was calculated, the fact he pushed to come back injured when Geno was actually functional and getting in a rhythm was also telling, Wilson had to market himself and put that ahead of the team I think, he also didn't want Geno to get noticed doing well which would undermine his value also. If Geno looks good and wins then what would that say about a struggling Wilson prior to Geno getting the starts.

A definite "me first" attitude began to evolve in RW. The idea of marketing himself above the overall "best" for the team. Being calculative with his image recently - making it seem like he was the one who only wanted to stay - and then being ok with the organization look like the "liars and bad guys"...all while he was getting exactly what he wanted...Out of Seattle.

Own The West

Reaction score
This thread is addressed "to all the Wilson haters".

Does any anybody hate RW? Please respond. I've never met nor heard of anyone that didn't think he was a good QB and a decent guy.

We probably got the most we could ever get for Wilson. Since there were only 4 teams he would go to, I'd say it's the best of a bad situation. Our heroes get old. They die. And as frustrated as I got with him sometimes, I've never hated him.

Maybe when the Broncos play in Seattle next year I'll try to hate him with 2:00 left in the half, but really, it was a good run. I'm glad we didn't hang on to him for nostalgic reasons until he turned into Ben Roethlisberger and I'm sorry the good run came to an end. But it was always going to come to an end, and now I look forward to the future.

keasley45

Reaction score
Own The West":2h05p9td said:

Does any anybody hate RW? Please respond. I've never met nor heard of anyone that didn't think he was a good QB and a decent guy.

We probably got the most we could ever get for Wilson. Since there were only 4 teams he would go to, I'd say it's the best of a bad situation. Our heroes get old. They die. And as frustrated as I got with him sometimes, I've never hated him.

Maybe when the Broncos play in Seattle next year I'll try to hate him with 2:00 left in the half, but really, it was a good run. I'm glad we didn't hang on to him for nostalgic reasons until he turned into Ben Roethlisberger and I'm sorry the good run came to an end. But it was always going to come to an end, and now I look forward to the future.

Nope. Dude was a highlight machine, master of the 'never say die', comback, and packed the 10 years he was here with more great memories than the previous 3+ decades combined. His is the only authentic jersey I ever bothered buying.

And

He was frustrating flawed. And in the end, unwilling or unable to work through those flaws in a way that benefited him AND the team.

Seeing our heroes as human and fallable... there's nothing wrong with that. Russ brought us success and failure, but hands down, the high points outnumbered the low. He / the Hawks just got stuck. And many can't reconcile his incredible talent and obvious ability with his shortcomings because he was so talented that he could mask one with the other and overcome.

Not remotely anything to do with hate. Maybe just choosing to not wear rose colored glasses.

hoxrox

Reaction score
TransGenderHawkFan":1cr7kggf said:
SoulfishHawk":1cr7kggf said:
While I'm not happy he was traded: 2 firsts, 2 seconds, a 5th and 3 players (well, 2 plus Lock who likely gets traded later) isn't exactly getting fleeced. That's a pretty good haul. If it would have been 3 firsts, a second and a 5th plus those players, I doubt people are that mad about it.

It was 3 firsts. Fant was selected at 20 and has had two pretty productive seasons in a row with 60+ receptions and 670+ yards.

Also maybe two second round picks = 1 first round pick? So technically 3 firsts?

OP
OP
Z

zhawk

Reaction score
Of course we all know, and have watched our favorite players decline and move on, but I wasn’t quite ready for that yet.
I guess I hoped for one more year as it felt to me that A Donald stele last season from him. It just stung.

toffee

Reaction score
keasley45":1jxl474t said:
Own The West":1jxl474t said:

Nope. Dude was a highlight machine, master of the 'never say die', comback, and packed the 10 years he was here with more great memories than the previous 3+ decades combined. His is the only authentic jersey I ever bothered buying.

And

He was frustrating flawed. And in the end, unwilling or unable to work through those flaws in a way that benefited him AND the team.

Seeing our heroes as human and fallable... there's nothing wrong with that. Russ brought us success and failure, but hands down, the high points outnumbered the low. He / the Hawks just got stuck. And many can't reconcile his incredible talent and obvious ability with his shortcomings because he was so talented that he could mask one with the other and overcome.

Not remotely anything to do with hate. Maybe just choosing to not wear rose colored glasses.

Well said!!

Scorpion05

Reaction score
He was never fully welcome here by fans

He was never fully respected by the coaching staff.

He was never fully respected by John, who tried to trade him in 2018. I would say F you too if I was in Wilson’s position.

He gave everything to this city. Did amazing work for the community. I’m glad he is going to a city that is excited for him and where he can maybe retire as a Bronco. They’ll treat him right on that side.

On our side, we finally don’t have to argue about our QB anymore. Or at least I hope not

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Own The West":31ti8uip said:

“Does anyone hate RW?”

Yes. He has never been embraced here. Ever since he was drafted.

His character was dissected from every angle. Despite all of his community work, Seattle fans found every which way to paint a narrative about him. He was a robot, he was phony, he was corny. It wasn’t possible to them that he was just a really good person (he was) and had a unique personality. It felt like watching the “weird kid” get bullied at school.

His height meant that there was always a level of bias against him. A bad game was because he was too short. He was consistently scapegoated by fans. I’ve been seeing this for 10 years and it was unlike anything I had ever seen from participating in Seahawks forums and other teams.

Every accomplishment he had has been diminished here. His “frustrating flaws” were exaggerated by those who nitpicked at him constantly. There was never a true desire by half the fan base to invest in the O-line. He was held to a completely different standard than other top QBs in the league. There has never been a QB to put up his numbers that is treated that way.

Many in the fan base were so biased towards him, they even agreed with Sherman and others that he was “coddled.” Forget that Wilson was treated like every QB in the league. Nope, can’t have that. We must be okay with players telling him “you suck” and getting in his face. Something that never happens to franchise QBs. And something that Sherman never said to Jimmy G. Few fans thought it was wrong,

Russell Wilson did all the right things. He was top 3 in touchdown passes in his final years here. He did amazing work in the community. He carried teams with below average O-lines and defenses. None of that was enough. He was still spoken of as a trash player who couldn’t see over his line. Again, I’ve never seen a guy produce at his level get treated that way. I’ve witnessed fans crap all over him week after week for years now in some really personal ways. Let’s not BS and whitewash. I guess if you’d like me to dig up the old posts we can do that.

I’m glad he’s gone. I’ll always be a Seahawks fan. But peaking over at Broncos forums, it was so nice to see them actually embrace him. That is NOT the level of embrace that took place when we first drafted him. You can look through posts on here since 2012 and you will see a fan base that has been split on Russ for years. For his detractors, he had to be near perfect

Tusc2000

Reaction score
chris98251":3b23psek said:

You have got to be joking. Geno was functional for exactly one game, and I suppose if our schedule only included teams like the Jaguars, he'd be fine. Against the other 27-28 halfway decent teams in the league, Geno would be eaten alive. For the previous 3 games, Geno stunk up the field, he was a disaster.

Latest posts