To all the Wilson haters

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":3mvovbfi said:
Pete said we have no intention of trading Wilson, not that we won't trade Wilson, that in itself was telling since you know this was being discussed behind the scenes at some level. He also said every year they field offers for star players.

Pete may wanted to hold on to Russ, but there's only so much he could do when Russ insisted on leaving.

getnasty

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":28het9fk said:
Wait.

IS there such thing as a Wilson hater?

Dead serious.

Even people who feel Wilson has certain deficiencies or consider him weird (in a Tom Cruise type of way) still appreciate what he does for this team and how much his contributions have meant.

Most understand just how screwed we are without him.

Who hates Wilson? Not sure that is a long list.

I don't think anyone hated him as a football player and if they did there just not good at evaluating football players.

I do believe people grew sour on him after he floated the list of teams he would be willing to get traded to.

His act with Ciara was horrible too. I can't blame him for that since she's a dime but seemed pretty fake to me.

xray

Reaction score
Glad the stumpy chubby liar is gone . I predict that Wilson and Carr will be fighting for 3rd place in the AFC west . Denver got F**ked on this trade . :D

Tokadub

Reaction score
zhawk":14xqeqb3 said:
You got what you wanted. Now you get what you deserve. It’s the Bambino all over again.

What if I didn't hate Russ? In fact I proclaimed him a top 3-5 QB way back even in 2012 or 2013?

I can't help it if he went to the dark side and all his teammates hate him viscerally. That's a fact he has no one to blame but himself.

tersal

Reaction score
djb28":3bs32yct said:
I don't like 8t but I also don't like liars. He clearly has lied for 2 years a0s did the organization. I could care less if we start Geno at this point.

He was not completely honest, but he did not lie. After the 2012 season he never said he wanted out hestated he was not happy with the situation and the team not listening to him. This year he said he hoped to retire in Seattle that was implying happiness ( again not completely honest) he never stated he intended to remain a seahawk.

That being said I would rather him take that approach than the Deshaun Watson or Aaron Rogers approach of bitching and crying!

Tusc2000

Reaction score
djb28":3ax3ifnt said:
I don't like 8t but I also don't like liars. He clearly has lied for 2 years a0s did the organization. I could care less if we start Geno at this point.

FFS what did you expect him to say publicly? That he hated this situation and wanted out?

If you don't care that Geno could be starting, then you don't care if we go 2-15 this year. Be honest about THAT.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly. Because players always come out and say "I want to leave" :roll:
And the fact that there are many on here who are celebrating losing a franchise QB says a ton. FFS this place.
And here I was hoping that we could start talking about football. Maybe the draft or free agency. Instead, it will just be several weeks of talking about the guy after the fact. You don't get better by trading a franchise QB, period.

Aircrew

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":31jsz9b6 said:
Wait.

IS there such thing as a Wilson hater?

Dead serious.

Even people who feel Wilson has certain deficiencies or consider him weird (in a Tom Cruise type of way) still appreciate what he does for this team and how much his contributions have meant.

Most understand just how screwed we are without him.

Who hates Wilson? Not sure that is a long list.

This.

I don't "hate" RW, but it was time for him to go. I'm an employer, so bear that in mind as I explain my perspective. But, Russell had to go and he was the one who forced this divorce. As talented and valuable as he was, he was ultimately an insubordinate employee who was creating more problems than he should have. Pete and Jon aren't perfect, that's undeniable, but RW made their relationship toxic in order to get himself shipped out of town while still maintaining the wholesome good guy image that he's manufactured. Really disfunctional, all around. He had to go and good riddance.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
While I'm not happy he was traded: 2 firsts, 2 seconds, a 5th and 3 players (well, 2 plus Lock who likely gets traded later) isn't exactly getting fleeced. That's a pretty good haul. If it would have been 3 firsts, a second and a 5th plus those players, I doubt people are that mad about it.

chris98251

Reaction score
I said this some time ago about Pete, if your not all in you will be out, Wilson has not been all in for a while, but they had to leverage his value and get something, this was calculated, the fact he pushed to come back injured when Geno was actually functional and getting in a rhythm was also telling, Wilson had to market himself and put that ahead of the team I think, he also didn't want Geno to get noticed doing well which would undermine his value also. If Geno looks good and wins then what would that say about a struggling Wilson prior to Geno getting the starts.

seahawksny

Reaction score
zhawk":mr2e7fbf said:
You got what you wanted. Now you get what you deserve. It’s the Bambino all over again.

The broncos are not the Yankees
The Seahawks are not the Red Sox
Russell Wilson will never be babe Ruth

seahawksny

Reaction score
hawks85":r0l8elf0 said:
I couldn't care less about this trade. Wilson isn't as good as people make him out to be. Now Denver fans will be yelling throw the f*** ball at their TV screens.

Wrong.. because he will do what Pete did not let him do the last 2 to 3 years that kept us winning for his first 7 years in the league. He will run the ball like he knows how

JGreen79

Reaction score
John63":2x69ywjn said:
hawkcrazzed":2x69ywjn said:
pls don't let russ be a curse like that we have only had 1 franchise qb

well her eis what I will say

Wilson just went to a team

with a better defense
better RB
Good Wr corps
an offensive-minded HC
a better oline
They still have 8 draft picks
They have more FA money
and an easier strength of schedule

And we get
2 1st that we have no shown we can use They have shown they can make good picks in the top half of the 1st round. (Okung and Thomas) Next year's is likely going to be bottom half tbh.
2 2nd again we have not shown we can use. 2nd round picks have been fairly successful as well. (Golden Tate, Bobby Wagner, Justin Britt, Paul Richardson, Frank Clark, Jarran Reed, DK Metcalf, Darrel Taylor has shown good things thus far) I left of 4 picks plus Eskridge. I'd say that's a pretty damn good record there.
we get a journeyman Te Fant has potential. If Sea ends up with a QB that utilizes TE's he's perfect for Waldron's scheme.
a no name The "No Name" has been the leader of a strong defense for a few years now. With Bobby gone, this is likely going to be bigger than expected.
and drew lock
and we still are on the hook for over half of Wilson cap hit

Seems fair NOT!!!!

balakoth

Reaction score
He's gonna run the ball more now at 33? ROFL.. Our fans are good entertainment

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
chris98251":p1axs4db said:
I said this some time ago about Pete, if your not all in you will be out, Wilson has not been all in for a while, but they had to leverage his value and get something, this was calculated, the fact he pushed to come back injured when Geno was actually functional and getting in a rhythm was also telling, Wilson had to market himself and put that ahead of the team I think, he also didn't want Geno to get noticed doing well which would undermine his value also. If Geno looks good and wins then what would that say about a struggling Wilson prior to Geno getting the starts.
THIS!

Tusc2000

Reaction score
seahawksny":2i07seb0 said:
hawks85":2i07seb0 said:
I couldn't care less about this trade. Wilson isn't as good as people make him out to be. Now Denver fans will be yelling throw the f*** ball at their TV screens.

Wrong.. because he will do what Pete did not let him do the last 2 to 3 years that kept us winning for his first 7 years in the league. He will run the ball like he knows how

If Russ starts running like he did 10 years ago, he'll be spending a good chunk of each season on IR.

CPHawk

Reaction score
zhawk":5cz3oxtu said:
Northwest Seahawk":5cz3oxtu said:
Wilson didn't want to be here. Let that sink in. Here's the other thing if they did try to keep him it would have cost 50mill next year he was not taking a discount to stay in Seattle quite the opposite. Now if you want to complain about the poor drafting the last 6 years that led to this that's fair. As for the trade now however Wilson wanted out and they did not want to pay him 50mill next season that's if he would even agree to resign i don't think he would have.

Wilson has always said he wants to stay but if the fans don’t want you why fight it.

Fans didn’t want him now? A great majority of fans in Seattle wanted him still.

John63

Reaction score
CPHawk":1uyl6757 said:
zhawk":1uyl6757 said:
Northwest Seahawk":1uyl6757 said:
Wilson didn't want to be here. Let that sink in. Here's the other thing if they did try to keep him it would have cost 50mill next year he was not taking a discount to stay in Seattle quite the opposite. Now if you want to complain about the poor drafting the last 6 years that led to this that's fair. As for the trade now however Wilson wanted out and they did not want to pay him 50mill next season that's if he would even agree to resign i don't think he would have.

Wilson has always said he wants to stay but if the fans don’t want you why fight it.

Fans didn’t want him now? A great majority of fans in Seattle wanted him still.

I would argue given there was talk several years ago about the Hawks moving on from Wilson it was the FO that did not want him and if they don't, why stay. This all started in 2015 when there was word the FO wanted to move on. When we heard they were scouting several QBs. and it led to this. They were going to QB pro days as well. Allen to name one. Up till the Allen thing, there was no word out of Wilson's camp about wanting to stay or go. It all started there.

Now some will say of course the hawks should look at their options. Well same goes for Wilson.

When it comes right down to it, there is no loyalty on either side and there should not be and we fans that expect it are wrong. Because guess what we fans only expect loyalty one way. They expect the player to be loyal but they are not loyal/

If the fans don't want you you don't stay
If the FO doesn't want you why stay.

if both or either don't want you to stay why stay

Latest posts