To all the Wilson haters

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
John, give it up. IF he 100 percent wanted to stay, he would have said NO to the trade. Look, I'm pissed, bummed, shocked, all of it. But he still APPROVED the trade. Stop acting like he had nothing to do with the trade happening. All he had to do is say NO.
Geezus man. I stick to my opinion that this was a really dumb decision. However, RUSS APPROVED THE TRADE.
You can ignore that FACT all you want.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
John63":23u1nfom said:
Northwest Seahawk":23u1nfom said:
Wilson didn't want to be here. Let that sink in. Here's the other thing if they did try to keep him it would have cost 50mill next year he was not taking a discount to stay in Seattle quite the opposite. Now if you want to complain about the poor drafting the last 6 years that led to this that's fair. As for the trade now however Wilson wanted out and they did not want to pay him 50mill next season that's if he would even agree to resign i don't think he would have.

His last words were he wanted to be here. Prove otherwise

He's going to accept the trade i rest my case.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1njha30p said:
John, give it up. IF he wanted to stay, he would have said NO to the trade. Look, I'm pissed, bummed, shocked, all of it. But he still APPROVED the trade. Stop acting like he had nothing to do with the trade.
Geezus man. I stick to my opinion that this was a really dumb decision. However, RUSS APPROVED THE TRADE.
Thanks for saving me to type this exact response.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I was clearly wrong about him being traded, and it sucks.
He's literally my favorite NFL player. But at some point, you gotta' just accept what is in front of you.
Actions speak louder than words. Him ACCEPTING the trade says enough for me. I'm not convinced he wouldn't have still loved playing here in 2022. But..........he could have just said NO.

John63

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2acixmsj said:
John, give it up. IF he 100 percent wanted to stay, he would have said NO to the trade. Look, I'm pissed, bummed, shocked, all of it. But he still APPROVED the trade. Stop acting like he had nothing to do with the trade.

I am not saying he will not have anything to do with it. If he is smart he will approve it, why would he stay when it's obvious the team does not want him.

This all started back when the FO decided to start looking at other QBs Allen etc. Word got out they wanted a new QB. So then Wilson said fine then here is where I might go. Then it appeared it was all over. PC said we are not trading him. Wilsons aid he did not want to be traded. Then guess what PC lied and trade is waiting on Wilson's approval to Denver, and they have been talking for 2 weeks, which was before PC said we are not looking to trade Wilson. If Wilson had already approved it we would not be waiting on his approval.

So again please show me where Prior to the deal being announced Wilson approved it? as of now, the FACTS show the deal is waiting for his approval.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
To the Wilson supporters:

It’s crazy how naive supporters are that Wilson had no interest in leaving Seattle.

Wilson will indeed approve this trade.

Wilson himself began this campaign to leave Seattle.

Wilson has always wanted ALOT OF MONEY!

Ain’t no way Seattle or any team with dreams of competing for Super Bowls can compete with $50+ million going to the QB.

QBs have to take pay cuts to build a great team.

John63

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":11h9ds61 said:
I was clearly wrong about him being traded, and it sucks.
He's literally my favorite NFL player. But at some point, you gotta' just accept what is in front of you.
Actions speak louder than words. Him ACCEPTING the trade says enough for me. I'm not convinced he wouldn't have still loved playing here in 2022. But..........he could have just said NO.

post where he accepted the trade? also, why would he want to stay if the team does not want him? Heck, we don't even know if Wilson knew about all this and don't say of course Wilson would not be the first player to find out about a trade from Social media.

"Report: Seahawks Agree to Trade Russell Wilson to Broncos Pending His Approval" Still waiting on approval and yes he could say no. but again why to stay were your not wanted.

hawks85

Reaction score
I couldn't care less about this trade. Wilson isn't as good as people make him out to be. Now Denver fans will be yelling throw the ******* ball at their TV screens.

John63

Reaction score
hawks85":z5sv86tp said:
I couldn't care less about this trade. Wilson isn't as good as people make him out to be. Now Denver fans will be yelling throw the f*** ball at their TV screens.

2.4 tine to throw or pressure right there with Mahomes and most top Qbs. Facts matter

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Do you ever get tired of being wrong? Russ isn't that good? I remember my first beer.
And THIS is something I'm not going to miss now that he is gone.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Wilson wanted to leave. Pretty clear on that.

But you do know that Rodgers wanted to leave at one point too, right?

In fact, Rodgers looked gone before Wilson...if you were taking odds last year.

Fact remains if we wanted to keep Wilson we could have. We could have tagged him if need be.

His decision to leave was not his choice. We had at least a few years more if we chose to.

We chose to trade him.

Wilson likely wanted it, and maybe even encouraged it. But we enabled it.

Let's not pretend our hands were tied. We had options.

OP
OP
Z

zhawk

Reaction score
John63":afzghn0g said:
SoulfishHawk":afzghn0g said:
John, give it up. IF he 100 percent wanted to stay, he would have said NO to the trade. Look, I'm pissed, bummed, shocked, all of it. But he still APPROVED the trade. Stop acting like he had nothing to do with the trade.

I am not saying he will not have anything to do with it. If he is smart he will approve it, why would he stay when it's obvious the team does not want him.

This all started back when the FO decided to start looking at other QBs Allen etc. Word got out they wanted a new QB. So then Wilson said fine then here is where I might go. Then it appeared it was all over. PC said we are not trading him. Wilsons aid he did not want to be traded. Then guess what PC lied and trade is waiting on Wilson's approval to Denver, and they have been talking for 2 weeks, which was before PC said we are not looking to trade Wilson. If Wilson had already approved it we would not be waiting on his approval.

So again please show me where Prior to the deal being announced Wilson approved it? as of now, the FACTS show the deal is waiting for his approval.

I agree. And now… they will sell and move the team.

OP
OP
Z

zhawk

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":zus7da20 said:
Wilson didn't want to be here. Let that sink in. Here's the other thing if they did try to keep him it would have cost 50mill next year he was not taking a discount to stay in Seattle quite the opposite. Now if you want to complain about the poor drafting the last 6 years that led to this that's fair. As for the trade now however Wilson wanted out and they did not want to pay him 50mill next season that's if he would even agree to resign i don't think he would have.

Wilson has always said he wants to stay but if the fans don’t want you why fight it.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
So if you wanted him traded that means you hate him?

I loved watching him play and I think he will do well in Denver.

But he poisoned the well last year to get himself traded. And it worked. All of the bullshit he’s been saying lately was all part of his plan.

However, if we base this on his last two years of play he looks like he’s taken a step back. I don’t think he’s a top five QB anymore. But he’s in the top ten.

With that said I’m happy that the Seahawks got something for him. Whether they do anything with that remains to be seen.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
For anyone who wanted to trade RW, you're not hoping for 2022..you're hoping for 2023.

I wanted Pete gone, but since Pete was staying, yes I wanted RW gone next.

So now that RW is gone, I'm curious to see what JS and PC can do...in 2023.

chris98251

Reaction score
Pete said we have no intention of trading Wilson, not that we won't trade Wilson, that in itself was telling since you know this was being discussed behind the scenes at some level. He also said every year they field offers for star players.

OP
OP
Z

zhawk

Reaction score
I now predict that there will be scads of articles and commentators opining on the greatness of Russell Wilson :pukeface: :pukeface:

pinksheets

Reaction score
zhawk":22kcjmep said:
Northwest Seahawk":22kcjmep said:

Wilson has always said he wants to stay but if the fans don’t want you why fight it.
Are you really that naive?

toffee

Reaction score
Russell Wilson could have help the hawks by approving trade to the Commanders, they offered more. But Russell Wilson picked Denver and only Denver, that put handcuff on our negotiation. So in the end, Broncos gave us less than they should have knowing that Russ hand picked them behind Seahawks' front office.

Simple as that. Bronco got the better of this deal.

Latest posts