TNF-Saints @ Cowboys

Smellyman

Reaction score
El Caliente":1xz2i2zm said:
Smellyman":1xz2i2zm said:
because refs are human and the NFL is tough to call. The Refs did not hold the Saints to 10 points. They shat the bed.
You are missing one key point though, this crew was supposed to be the top officiating crew, and tonight was one of their worst games. The Saints lost the game, but the refs certainly greased the slide.

Not missing a thing. Refs are incompliant. No matter how 'good' they are. Like the Rams/Chiefs game. They were an 'all star' crew.

chris98251

Reaction score
Smellyman":vuy0dgm7 said:
El Caliente":vuy0dgm7 said:
Smellyman":vuy0dgm7 said:
because refs are human and the NFL is tough to call. The Refs did not hold the Saints to 10 points. They shat the bed.
You are missing one key point though, this crew was supposed to be the top officiating crew, and tonight was one of their worst games. The Saints lost the game, but the refs certainly greased the slide.

Not missing a thing. Refs are incompetent. No matter how 'good' they are. Like the Rams/Chiefs game. They were an 'all star' crew.

There, now it reads better :)

mikeak

Reaction score
This was the result of a team on a short week not getting a short week opponent but a team that had a full week to prepare. In addition the team with a week had the home game so didn't waste half a day travelling.

Makes a huge difference

knownone

Reaction score
Referees dictated the outcome of this game to a large degree, but who really benefits? The Rams :stirthepot:...

hawxfreak

Reaction score
Gotta admit that It's really obvious
Steering the game like drivin a tractor on the back forty
Both Knees down one after the other and a yard and a half short
FIRST DOWN :2thumbs:
Pathetic :177692:
Too many other steered calls and non calls to even touch
What a pathetic job
Just like the producers of a reality show , ouch , btw I hope we get in the finale

Funny enough , I still want my team to win so , how would I go about doing that ?????

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I admit the refs were outright horrible tonight but you have to admit the Cowboys defense looked like 11 men possessed.

They will never go far with Dak as their QB.

Fade

Reaction score
knownone":3ihaazyo said:
Referees dictated the outcome of this game to a large degree, but who really benefits? The Rams :stirthepot:...

2F2Fthumbsgfycatcom2FGleefulNearKoodoo max 1mb
2 for 1. Help Dallas, and help better establish the Los Angeles market, interesting.

Sean Payton ran out of challenges real quick.

James in PA

Reaction score
NFL hoping so bad for Rams vs Pats or Stealers in the Owl.

Let em get Hawks vs Texans instead!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrblitz

Reaction score
mikeak":336ecm30 said:
This was the result of a team on a short week not getting a short week opponent but a team that had a full week to prepare. In addition the team with a week had the home game so didn't waste half a day travelling.

Makes a huge difference

but both of these teams played on thanksgiving.

even so, thursday games are generally horrible. they should tie in the bye weeks to the thursday nights; you get your bye the week before you play on thursday.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3jcyasxr said:
Smellyman":3jcyasxr said:
Popeyejones":3jcyasxr said:
ITT the refs calling a flag on a CB holding a WR's arm with both hands as he tries to break away is evidence of some NFL wide conspiracy, or how the fix is in for the Cowboys, or something or other. :lol:

FWIW, over on the Zone 9ers fans spent this game rooting for the Cowboys to win (they don't want the Rams to rest their starters in Week 17, which would help guarantee the first overall pick) and they all "clearly see" that the Refs are in the bag for the Saints in this one.

Fandom is funny that way. :p :D

Yeah refs missed an OPI for the TD for the saints and a Dak facemask too. Refs were just incompetent. Not biased.
Well if it’s incompetence (and it very well may be) why isn’t something being done about?
I can guarantee since the Saints are safe to make the playoffs, the league has no problem with Jerruh’s kids locking up a playoff spot regardless of how they won. They got their desired results tonight whether its from “steering” or incompetence.

The more legacy teams with bigger fanbases make the playoffs the more playoff swag they sell which = more $$$ for the NFL.

It’s ALWAYS about the Money, Always!

I have seen the movie SWAT a lot. It was enjoyable last night too. After all....there was nothing better to watch on TV.

SF49r

Reaction score
It's good to still see low scoring defensive games after that 54-51 crapfest.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Smellyman":3cfrztpp said:
Popeyejones":3cfrztpp said:
ITT the refs calling a flag on a CB holding a WR's arm with both hands as he tries to break away is evidence of some NFL wide conspiracy, or how the fix is in for the Cowboys, or something or other. :lol:

FWIW, over on the Zone 9ers fans spent this game rooting for the Cowboys to win (they don't want the Rams to rest their starters in Week 17, which would help guarantee the first overall pick) and they all "clearly see" that the Refs are in the bag for the Saints in this one.

Fandom is funny that way. :p :D

Yeah refs missed an OPI for the TD for the saints and a Dak facemask too. Refs were just incompetent. Not biased.

This. If anything IMO they were giving the Saints more calls. Missed facemask on a QB is much more egregious than a helmet to helmet hit on a RB.

Really bad OPI by the Saints on their only TD, and the DPI call at the end of the game was correct as Lattimore grabbed the WRs arm with both of his hands.

Cowboys were called for more penalties and penalty yards. Got sacked 7 times and only got 2 sacks. And were -1 on turnovers.

And still won - and not only that, the Saints were very lucky to even get the one TD that they did as the Cowboys gifted it to them with stupid penalties. The Cowboys are a very scary team.

El Caliente

Reaction score
The refs missed a lot of things, and they weren’t at the most opportune times either. The hit in Kamara. Beasley being tackled two yards short of the first down and being gifted a first down. Those two plays all happened within the final 5 mins of the game.

I’m not blaming the refs for our loss (the offense didn’t show up), but they certainly put grease on the slide.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
I think Sean Payton is to blame for this loss for the Saints.

Over and over I saw route combinations 10-15 yards down the field. This should have been scrapped after the first quarter. There was not enough time for those plays.

Yeah, Brees gets a lot of dink and dunk completions, but they are either designed screens or check downs. In this game, the Saints should have switched to a lot more short, rhythm pass combinations. They did not, and Brees paid the price.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Aros":37s3tmxd said:
I admit the refs were outright horrible tonight but you have to admit the Cowboys defense looked like 11 men possessed.

Pretty easy to play possessed when you are allowed to get away with obvious DPI the whole game. They were 3 obvious DPI infractions not called against *allas in the first quarter alone. If they were called they would have had to back off on the aggressiveness and it’s a different ballgame.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":evwejxrq said:
I think Sean Payton is to blame for this loss for the Saints.

Over and over I saw route combinations 10-15 yards down the field. This should have been scrapped after the first quarter. There was not enough time for those plays.

Yeah, Brees gets a lot of dink and dunk completions, but they are either designed screens or check downs. In this game, the Saints should have switched to a lot more short, rhythm pass combinations. They did not, and Brees paid the price.
Absolutely no doubt about it. He was doing his best Darrell Bevell impersonation, and that’s not a compliment.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Schottenheimer’s play calling against the Cowboys was really good. That was his first well-called game with the Seahawks and the beginning of a balanced run-pass trend that would see the Seahawks offense rise to #1 in the NFL in rushing and several stratified categories of passing efficiency, like passing against the blitz and play action.

The ideal scenario will be for the Seahawks to take the five seed and beat Dallas again to advance to the divisional round.

Vesuve

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1lszdzt5 said:
I'm convinced the NFL's fixed. There is no way the Cowboys should be competing with the Saints. I know anything can happen, but the way all the NFL analysts were talking about it today makes it fishy to me.

Some missed calls, but the Saints were off.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Aros":2rqf44j6 said:

Cowboys D is good. It's amazing that every QB to ever play the game struggles when the other team gets pressure up the middle. It's death to an offense run or pass.

Cowboys O is bad. If they didn't have Elliot, they would be historically bad. Their D is gonna have to play lights out for 4 quarters most games or they still may not make it in the tournament.