Time for Broncos to sign a legit backup QB

toffee

Reaction score
With Russ on a downhill projectile with no end in sight, shouldn't it be time to sign a legit backup QB who is ready to step in when they bench Wilson? That shoulder injury or concussion ought to be used as face saving excuses. Regardless of Wilson's face or feelings, signing a backup QB over his protest is a must at this point. Pete babied Wilson's feelin' and never draft or sign any high profile backups, but Broncos shouldn't follow Pete's footsteps.

Any suggestions? recommendations? How about some draft picks and cash for Drew Lock?

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
I'd say they'd draft one but we got their top pick 😆
drafting is too late, they need one NOW, signing a legit QB this week or next the latest. Inaction will be like head in sand, Matt Flynn is old but available.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
drafting is too late, they need one NOW, signing a legit QB this week or next the latest. Inaction will be like head in sand, Matt Flynn is old but available.
I think even Charlie Whitehurst might be a better option...Broncos fans already think Tebow was a better qb.

Aircrew

Reaction score
With Russ on a downhill projectile with no end in sight, shouldn't it be time to sign a legit backup QB who is ready to step in when they bench Wilson? That shoulder injury or concussion ought to be used as face saving excuses. Regardless of Wilson's face or feelings, signing a backup QB over his protest is a must at this point. Pete babied Wilson's feelin' and never draft or sign any high profile backups, but Broncos shouldn't follow Pete's footsteps.

Any suggestions? recommendations? How about some draft picks and cash for Drew Lock?
Just when I couldn't imagine a scenario where this got any uglier for Denver, you go and brighten my day.

Ruminator

Reaction score
What could make matters worse for Denver is the possibility that some of their skilled position players (you know, "the best group of skilled position players [Russ] ever had by far") might start thinking about greener pastures elsewhere.

Scout

Reaction score
They have Brett Rypien.

Who at least had the benefit of playing in the preseason.
Rypien can play the short game that Hackett prefers so the Broncos receives can nab YAC opportunities. Rypien played in college in a program that was all about spreading the ball around.

Hackett is a lot like his father in that they believe strongly that the short to intermediate WCO passing attack can be used for ball control.

Scout

Reaction score
What baffles me is that Hackett like his father likes a lot of crossing route concepts which is more horizontal and closer to a traditional WCO. RW in contrast is about a vertical game.

Something has to give.

Rainger

Reaction score

Trade them Lock for next years 3rd and 4th!

m0ng0

Reaction score
I don't think the broncos fans even care....oh yeah concussion get Rypien in there! Thank God!!! Rypien gets one first down and he is a GOD!!!!!!

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score

Latest posts