Time to rest players and get ready for the Playoffs

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I've never believed in that, and I don't think Pete does either. If he truly believes in his 'every game is a championship game' then I don't see him starting subs.

thebanjodude

Reaction score
plyka":2qy0xira said:
The biggest risk to the Seahawks is injuries. We can literally see our superbowl hopes go up in smoke if Wilson or Earl are injured.

Russell's gonna get his hand stuck in an incinerator or something?

calihawk

Reaction score
Never take your foot off the gas peddle!

When it comes time to play it never seems to work out.

I believe we should crush Arizona and then Rams at home and take our week off and be confident.

NorthwestSportsFan

Reaction score
I have no problem with resting the starters if we're up 3 scores in the 4th quarter. You play to win the game, then once that is secured you think about putting in the backups.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Given how we considered Pre season games, every game is a championship game. Pete will keep the competition up and give some experience to kids who needs more experience when appropriate. But win forever means winning every game!

keith da hawk

Reaction score
I've never agreed with the idea of resting players during the regular season. Especially when you have a first round bye to rest up anyway. You need to keep your players sharp and ready to go. Look at the 2005 Colts. They rested Manning, Harrison, Wayne, James and anyone else you can name the last couple weeks of the season, had their first round bye and then got beat by Pittsburgh in the Divisional round. I don't agree with it at all.

zorro

Reaction score
It occurs to Zorro that some players would benefit from some time off and that others would be hampered by same. Zorro believes the great coaches handle people as individuals and he completely trusts the fact that Mr. Carroll will make the right decisions per individual in this scenario. So, probably some down time for a few and full tilt boogie for others will be Mr. Carroll's plan. This is Zorro's first post on this amazing forum.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
zorro":28li3wcm said:
It occurs to Zorro that some players would benefit from some time off and that others would be hampered by same. Zorro believes the great coaches handle people as individuals and he completely trusts the fact that Mr. Carroll will make the right decisions per individual in this scenario. So, probably some down time for a few and full tilt boogie for others will be Mr. Carroll's plan. This is Zorro's first post on this amazing forum.

Welcome Zorro! Come back and keep on posting. Your proposal sounds reasonable. We all know who gets.....ie, requires... more rest on this team.

chris98251

Reaction score
I read that the Colts lost a lot,the little stuff that keeps you in sync and timing at game speed, they were just not playing normally after being set so long and lost the chance to match the win loss record if I rememeber as well.

BlueTalons

Reaction score
Soppie":1a32zbbx said:
Mitch on KJR broke it down yesterday and winning in SF does NOT guarantee HFA throughout the playoffs. All a win does is lock up a #2 seed and a 1st round bye, yet somehow some way they can still be caught and lose a tie breaker if they bomb the last three.

2 wins out of the next 4 games regardless of who it is against will lock up HFA throughout. After that they can than think about resting guys
Provided that we beat SF (giving us 12 wins,) the ONLY (non-ties) way to lose the #1 seed is if we lost the last 3 AND the winner of Carolina-New Orleans also WON their last 3 (to give them 13 wins.) We cannot lose a tie-breaker as we own it over both.

GO HAWKS!!!

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
Play to win, then once your absolutly sure you wont lose start subbing in players that need it.
We been doing it all year. dont change anything. I believe the if you dont USE IT you LOSE IT rule.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
BlueTalons":17bb5dmt said:
Soppie":17bb5dmt said:
Mitch on KJR broke it down yesterday and winning in SF does NOT guarantee HFA throughout the playoffs. All a win does is lock up a #2 seed and a 1st round bye, yet somehow some way they can still be caught and lose a tie breaker if they bomb the last three.

2 wins out of the next 4 games regardless of who it is against will lock up HFA throughout. After that they can than think about resting guys
Provided that we beat SF (giving us 12 wins,) the ONLY (non-ties) way to lose the #1 seed is if we lost the last 3 AND the winner of Carolina-New Orleans also WON their last 3 (to give them 13 wins.) We cannot lose a tie-breaker as we own it over both.

GO HAWKS!!!

Ya its technically possible that we would not get #1 but if we beat SF lets be honest....#1 is pretty much locked up. Carolina and NO have to play eachother twice and theres a good chance they split. Saints also have to play at the Rams and then beat down the Bucs. Panthers other 2 games are the Jets and Falcons. I could see the Saints losing to the Rams but I dont see the Panthers losing to either the Jets or Falcons. Panthers smashed the Falcons earlier this year.

I also dont think we will lose 2 games at home unless everything is allready wrapped up. Very doubtful we go 8-0 last year and 6-0 this year only to go 0-2 in our last 2 home games.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
BullHawk33":mla3n5ja said:
1-0 every week. If you don't need your starters to go 1 - 0 as the game goes on then fine, but don't change anything. Practice and play to go 1 - 0 every game without shutting anything down.

:13: The mantra is 1-0 every week. Don't change anything.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
zorro":2tpmfsmk said:
Referring to yourself in the third person is lame...the real Zorro or not.

Latest posts