Time for a change

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
If they didn't have the people for a "3-4," then they didn't have them for a 4-3 under or base bear look either.

It's a more nuanced thing that you're giving it credit for with this absolutist crap.
Crap ! I don't care how you lable this defense, its NOT getting the job done ! And anybody who is OK with it, is a loser in my book. Nuances Huh !

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
I don't care if we have to draft a MLB who plays with clowns paint under his helmet or his shoes tide togather, just as long as he is the fastest clown hopping tackling MLB in the NFL.
To sit back and say this defense is ok needs there head examine.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Crap ! I don't care how you lable this defense, its NOT getting the job done ! And anybody who is OK with it, is a loser in my book. Nuances Huh !

No one's OK with it, but you and others are the only one blaming the coaches and not the real issue. A talent deficient defensive roster.

Play any scheme you want, play ALL the schemes. Not going to matter when you have one of the worst front sevens in the entire league.

Pete has a lot to do with the talent deficiency, for sure. That's not an unfair criticism and conversation. But just saying this would have all been fixed by going back to a 4-3 sooner? Not a real argument. The Hawk's D and coaches employed the 3-4, 4-3, cover 2, cover 3, Bear Front, ALL the schemes this year.

It ain't the scheme my friend.

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
I not saying its one thing or another, I'm saying its not up to my standard of being a good defense, and most level headed people will agree with me.

I (we) want a stouter defense for 2023, its up to them to deliver.

Defense win championship !!!!!!!!!!!!

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
No one said that. Read the post again, slowly.

We're talking about personnel and scheme here. Not result.

Read. The. Posts. Before. Replying.

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
No one said that. Read the post again, slowly.

We're talking about personnel and scheme here. Not result.

Read. The. Posts. Before. Replying.
This is my thread, and the tital is "time for a change" not persanal or schemes. Maybe its you who needs to read more slowly to understand rather making this a personal attack on me.

As a moderator you should know attack the post and not the poster.

Now if you wish I'll be glad to tell you my changes that need to be made.

Last edited:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I not saying its one thing or another, I'm saying its not up to my standard of being a good defense, and most level headed people will agree with me.

I (we) want a stouter defense for 2023, its up to them to deliver.

Defense win championship !!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure what you're yelling about.

100% of Hawk fans would like a better defense. Thanks Chawker for revealing this top secret rarely discussed organizational priority.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Exude low tones… it’s a long offseason.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Our defense needs a change or in our case a complete overhaul.

Fire Hurtt and hire Dan Quinn.

Get rid of all 3-4 players in our front 7 that don't fit into a 4-3 defensive scheme.

Draft Byran Bresee with our first selection. Then draft a solid MLBer with our second selection.

Barton and Collier have gotto go !

Hope none of this ever happens. Awful.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
No large caps here. Barton and Collier have gotta go.

Now this I agree with.

Collier's definitely gone, but I imagine Barton being offered a cheap one year contract will be entirely predicated on what we do in the draft.

Even then, there's over a dozen free agent LB's that are better than Barton. Go get one.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
This is my thread, and the tital is "time for a change" not persanal or schemes. Maybe its you who needs to read more slowly to understand rather making this a personal attack on me.

As a moderator you should know attack the post and not the poster.

Now if you wish I'll be glad to tell you my changes that need to be made.
I know what the TITLE* of your thread is.

I was replying to another comment on this thread about PERSONNEL* scheme fit, when you started calling people losers and refuting what I was saying with nothing to back yourself up.

Any of my criticisms have been directly on your content. I'm attacking your post.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
If we have to discuss moderator proven topics, this will turn into a very empty part of the internet.

If you want to talk football, then talk football. No one is stopping you, and no one is forcing you to make "moderator proven" topics only. Jesus, dude.

Doesn't prevent people from disagreeing with you. This is a discussion board, not a blog.

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
Do we need to get aggressive with the defensive play calling ie send more blitz's or draft heavy defense LBers and DL ?