Thoughts on next year

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":1itfov0v said:
Siouxhawk":1itfov0v said:
More talent on the O line, secondary depth and provide Bevell a lucrative contract extension.

Now you're obviously trolling. Don't be that guy.
So 4 can say "fire Bevell" and I say "extend Bevell" and I'm "that guy?" Do you see the hypocrisy WindCity?

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Fix the O-line, get some depth and we should be golden. I see no reason for us not being a contender again next year.

byau

Reaction score
I am excited. We have a big positive and big concern.

Positive: having such a fantastic athletic and talented core.
Negative: with that athletic core, we are underperforming and someone's got to figure that out

I'm not going to claim like many others that it is Bevell. It could be coaching, playcalling, or execution.

Injuries can't be an excuse either, with the talent level still on the field, these guys should still be able to execute better.

I do have faith that the Seahawks staff and front office will figure it out. Should be a VERY interesting offseason and seeing where the money goes.

Biggest upside: We've won a playoff game every year Russell has been in town and every year but one that Coach Pete and GM John have been in town . We are in a position every year to go on a deep run which is a great indicator of success as Doug Baldwin says.

Onto 2017!!!

OP
OP
Ozzy

Ozzy

Reaction score
StoneCold":1jm4dfj1 said:
About our Oline philosophy. We skimp on the Oline. People say we got away with it because of Marshawn's punishing style and Russell's mobility, and there is some truth to that. But last year, with our patchwork Oline, Rawls was going nuts before the injury, and Russell (and Bevell) had one of the greatest second half's in Seahawk History, shows it can work. But it is a high wore act. One I think didn't come together this year. Not sure that means it's a failed strategy and should be abandoned, or that the coach should be fired, just acknowledging it has its risks. On the other side it has its rewards. Core players on both sides signed to long term contracts. Every team takes risks and our guys choose to do it on the Oline.

Nailed it. It will be really interesting to see how JS and Pete go about this during the off season. I think we are aggressive in fixing it but nothing would surprise me.

Josea16

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1u7alvvb said:
More talent on the O line, secondary depth and provide Bevell a lucrative contract extension.
That third part made me laugh. 8)

Latest posts