Thomas Rawls performance against the Lions a fluke?

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Don't bet on the offensive line double teaming the Falcons defensive line. You can bet the Falcons studied the game against the Lions. I can totally see the Falcons blitzing their linebackers a ton in this game.

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
Yes. Yes it was. Won't happen the same way against the Falcons (and it has nothing to do with his talent, O-line, or the other team).

evergreen

Reaction score
We all saw him dominate last year. He was really unstoppable last night, except when we took him out at the goal line. I'm sure he's gassed but we all know how a running back in the zone should be given the ball. The 3rd and 4th down plays were exasperating only to see Richardson's greatest catch save the day! Come on you knew it was incomplete!

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":3qn33zwh said:
Don't bet on the offensive line double teaming the Falcons defensive line. You can bet the Falcons studied the game against the Lions. I can totally see the Falcons blitzing their linebackers a ton in this game.

Russell would shred them if that was to happen. You won't see many blitzes, Dan Quinn knows better.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I don't think it was a fluke. Another thing to keep in mind with our OLine is that the team put power run blocking in with the zone blocking, i.e. combo blocks, traps and straight ahead blocking. Who would have thought our Olinemen could play smash mouth football?

Mojambo

Reaction score
HAWKAMANIA":14r7gffp said:
TheLegendOfBoom":14r7gffp said:

Russell would shred them if that was to happen. You won't see many blitzes, Dan Quinn knows better.

Jimmy Graham and Doug Baldwin will have career days if the Falcons are dumb enough to blitz Russell heavy.

RussB

Reaction score
No, Rawls has had games like that in the past. He looked like he did back in 2015 before he got injured. Maybe hes just finally getting healthy, also o line seemed alot better and lions have a decent front.