This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Carolina Panthers

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Luke Kuechly is freaky good & better than Wagner. Unfortunately, that's where it ends for Car.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
PantherFan":giipm3tc said:
hawker84":giipm3tc said:
dude nobody's buying the garbage your selling, nor do we care. Instead why don't you tell us about this new development though:

Panthers sign safety Quintin Mikell off the street 4 days ago, and is expected to start sunday against the hawks due to an injury to the starter. Seems like he has a decent resume, but has been out of football since last season. He's barely had time to fill out his w-2 form let alone learn your defense, and gel with the players..

How ya feeling about this? Wouldn't exactly strike confidence in me, but that's just me. Not to mention your starting offensive guard was just deemed doubtful as was your starting defensive tackle. According to your boards your O line is spotty at best and the backups are much worse.

Kracken's gonna have to put in a little more work it would appear.
Garbage? They're facts that anyone outside Seattle can understand. Nobody else thinks Wagners the better MLB. Why wasn't he named DROY? Why wasn't he drafted in the first round? He's a good MLB but not on Keek's level. As far as Mikell, I have no concern. He played in a very similar defensive scheme in St. Louis and has stayed in great shape all off-season. You should know from his years there that he is a very solid safety. I honestly think
our staff just used Mitchell as an excuse to let Mikell start. Our OL is always an area of concern, Amini isn't much better than the backups. I'd be more worried about your OL trying to hold back our front 7. As far as Dwan? We just drafted two stud DTs in the first two rounds. Definitely not worried at all, DT is not shallow for us this season.

1) Kuechly got more votes. There were actually 11 AP members that voted for Wagner (they must have all been from Seattle). Those that voted for Kuechly said they would neither be surprised nor upset if Wagner won

2) when your defense isn't that good around you, good players will stand out more and have to clean up other's mistakes

3) someone posted an article that linked to the amount of impact plays each made. Wagner was first amongst MLB's. Kuechly was what? 7th.

4) tackles alone is not an indicator of superior talent.

5) Wagner actually called the plays on defense. He was the QB and had more assignment duties. Kuechly's job is just to react and get to the ball.

6) there's a reason why your FO drafted more DL to alleviate the responsibilities of Kuechly. He's not that great when he has someone in his grill. He needs space to work.

7) its much harder to make an impact on a great defense

8) its even harder to gain the trust as a rookie to be allowed to call plays on a great defense

9) Wagner is a more well-rounded MLB. Some even say he has no weaknesses.

10) Ryan Tannehill, Brock Osweiller, and Brandon Weeden was picked before Russell Wilson...also see: Tom Brady

PantherFan

Reaction score
-The Glove-":3dwjuiy5 said:
PantherFan":3dwjuiy5 said:
hawker84":3dwjuiy5 said:
dude nobody's buying the garbage your selling, nor do we care. Instead why don't you tell us about this new development though:

Panthers sign safety Quintin Mikell off the street 4 days ago, and is expected to start sunday against the hawks due to an injury to the starter. Seems like he has a decent resume, but has been out of football since last season. He's barely had time to fill out his w-2 form let alone learn your defense, and gel with the players..

How ya feeling about this? Wouldn't exactly strike confidence in me, but that's just me. Not to mention your starting offensive guard was just deemed doubtful as was your starting defensive tackle. According to your boards your O line is spotty at best and the backups are much worse.

Garbage? They're facts that anyone outside Seattle can understand. Nobody else thinks Wagners the better MLB. Why wasn't he named DROY? Why wasn't he drafted in the first round? He's a good MLB but not on Keek's level. As far as Mikell, I have no concern. He played in a very similar defensive scheme in St. Louis and has stayed in great shape all off-season. You should know from his years there that he is a very solid safety. I honestly think
our staff just used Mitchell as an excuse to let Mikell start. Our OL is always an area of concern, Amini isn't much better than the backups. I'd be more worried about your OL trying to hold back our front 7. As far as Dwan? We just drafted two stud DTs in the first two rounds. Definitely not worried at all, DT is not shallow for us this season.

1) Kuechly got more votes. There were actually 11 AP members that voted for Wagner (they must have all been from Seattle). Those that voted for Kuechly said they would neither be surprised nor upset if Wagner won

2) when your defense isn't that good around you, good players will stand out more and have to clean up other's mistakes

3) someone posted an article that linked to the amount of impact plays each made. Wagner was first amongst MLB's. Kuechly was what? 7th.

5) Wagner actually called the plays on defense. He was the QB and had more assignment duties. Kuechly's job is just to react and get to the ball.

6) there's a reason why your FO drafted more DL to alleviate the responsibilities of Kuechly. He's not that great when he has someone in his grill. He needs space to work.

8) its even harder to gain the trust as a rookie to be allowed to call plays on a great defense

10) Ryan Tannehill, Brock Osweiller, and Brandon Weeden was picked before Russell Wilson...also see: Tom Brady
Lmao, ignorance young grasshopper. I stopped reading after 5. That's one thing Kuechly is praised most for.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
PantherFan":3i26yl73 said:
-The Glove-":3i26yl73 said:
PantherFan":3i26yl73 said:
hawker84 said:

Lmao, ignorance young grasshopper.

Lmao...take a look in the mirror, my friend

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
PantherFan":3ltq0hnj said:

I don't think there's a Seahawks fan here that's not at least a little bit concerned about Carolina's front 7 this year. They are a stout group and the real deal that deserves the respect that the national press is giving them. It's just that your secondary is highly suspect, and should be of some concern to Panthers fans because the Seahawks have had great success against great D-lines lately *cough* Wilsons mobility *cough*. I predict that Wilson will get sacked a time or two, but I'm pretty sure he's also gonna launch quite a few successful quick passes and bombs. That, along with your D being worn down by our primary attack, our three-headed monster running game, along with our semi-short handed but still dominant D should be enough to carry us through to a boot-stomp victory. Hopefully.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
PantherFan":dmn56atn said:
Alright, so what's you guys' score predictions. I say Carolina 27 21

I'm thinking:

Seattle - 28

Panthers - 13

But it could easily turn into a blowout, if our guys get on a roll....

IronMaiden22

Reaction score
Panther fan here, good luck Sunday and hopefully no serious injuries for both teams. BTW, I like Russell, he is shaping up to be a Hall of Famer one day. Seahawks picked up a good one there.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
IronMaiden22":29cd9rnl said:
Panther fan here, good luck Sunday and hopefully no serious injuries for both teams. BTW, I like Russell, he is shaping up to be a Hall of Famer one day. Seahawks picked up a good one there.

Welcome aboard IronMaiden22. Might be a good time to "Run To The Hills, Run for your life"... (Iron Maiden reference for you old farts... and now that I think about it, you young farts too! :D).

Cheers mate!

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Everyone predicted a close game between UW and Boise State, so I'm going to go ahead and predict that the Seahawks beat the Panthers by 20 points.

Lets go with...

30 - 10

Book it.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Oh man, I really hate the "book it" thing. Unless you're Marty McFly and have that cool sports history book, you can't "book" anything. Just sayin'... :)

(is there a single poster that doesn't get this reference?)

btw, that reference book ended in 2000, so it would be useless now. If you could look ahead 30 years to see if the Seahawks or Mariners ever won a championship, would you wanna know in advance? I mean, with no money involved? I would. Hell yeah!

IronMaiden22

Reaction score
BlueThunder":2mib10iy said:
IronMaiden22":2mib10iy said:

Welcome aboard IronMaiden22. Might be a good time to "Run To The Hills, Run for your life"... (Iron Maiden reference for you old farts... and now that I think about it, you young farts too! :D).

Cheers mate!

Thanks BlueThunder, I am as we say, from an "older generation" ha! ha! Truthfully, I am really unsure about the Panthers this week going against a hot Seahawks team coming off of a playoff run, while we are still struggling in areas especially offense. I would feel more comfortable making predictions and all that but I can't. Just have to hope Russell and crew have a off day but that's not even looking like its going to happen. If you guys make it to the playoffs this year I will be pulling for you! Hope you do the same..NFC wise that is.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
IronMaiden22":3i50bleg said:
BlueThunder":3i50bleg said:
IronMaiden22":3i50bleg said:

Cheers mate!

Thanks BlueThunder, I am as we say, from an "older generation" ha! ha! Truthfully, I am really unsure about the Panthers this week going against a hot Seahawks team coming off of a playoff run, while we are still struggling in areas especially offense. I would feel more comfortable making predictions and all that but I can't. Just have to hope Russell and crew have a off day but that's not even looking like its going to happen. If you guys make it to the playoffs this year I will be pulling for you! Hope you do the same..NFC wise that is.

If you guys advance to the SB, I would absolutely pull for you to rep the NFC and take it all. I always do that. You are obviously a cool poster, so post often in the main forum. Have at it. You are the type of poster that is always welcome.

IronMaiden22

Reaction score
Thanks will do BlueThunder. If you guys win, I will be back here to congratulate you and wishing you luck against those Niner guys. If we win, I will be back here in shock. Take care and good luck.

rideaducati

Reaction score
PantherFan":2lsr5i1j said:
And please.. never, ever compare Wagner to Kuechly. Not even on his level.

You're right about that. When Wagner makes a tackle the guy doesn't gain two or three more yards like the guys Kookley tries to tackle.

rideaducati

Reaction score
PantherFan":32hu7gd6 said:
And please.. never, ever compare Wagner to Kuechly. Not even on his level.

You're right about that. When Wagner makes a tackle the guy doesn't gain two or three more yards like the guys Kookley tries to tackle.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
fenderbender123":1axog7ie said:
Everyone predicted a close game between UW and Boise State, so I'm going to go ahead and predict that the Seahawks beat the Panthers by 20 points.

Lets go with...

30 - 10

Book it.
Sounds about right! :th2thumbs:

Latest posts