This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Carolina Panthers

rideaducati

Reaction score
gargantual":35tlnyyx said:
Wow. I know that one of the guys is trying to make a point about fans having mood swings, but saying he's seen threads on Seahawks boards saying, "We draft horrible", and "The team looks like crap!"......really? What the hell is he talking about? I can't remember seeing any threads like that since the Ruskell era! What, does he think we're still a "finesse" team as well? And he's implying WE'RE uninformed!

It must be that his dial up internet connection is taking a while to download content.

Keyhawk

Reaction score
Thanks BlueThunder. Looking forward to your post each week.

Sonichellboy

Reaction score
One of the posters was talking about how "every Seahawk interviewed talks about the SF game and ignores the Panthers". Had anyone heard one 'Hawk do anything other than answer a question about the rivalry? Seems like they're fishing for perceived sights over there...

Maybe we're not so different after all!

Joat

Reaction score
Panther fan here.

1st- here's hoping for a good game, injury free just over a week from today.

2nd- very glad to see Wilson playing so well. Very good, young QB and an even better dude.

3rd- I actually like our chances in this game. Hosting a West Coast team at 1300 is a benefit for us. Secondly, I think we match up well against each other. Last years game was close and we played terribly. I'll actually go back and re-watch that game some time in the next few games. I feel some of your losses due to suspension/injury will favor the Panthers.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Joat":seiw4yno said:
Panther fan here.

2nd- very glad to see Wilson playing so well. Very good, young QB and an even better dude.

3rd- I actually like our chances in this game. Hosting a West Coast team at 1300 is a benefit for us. Secondly, I think we match up well against each other. Last years game was close and we played terribly. I'll actually go back and re-watch that game some time in the next few games. I feel some of your losses due to suspension/injury will favor the Panthers.
Was it the 3 points of offense that makes you so optimistic?

Joat

Reaction score
Obviously.

Getting away from a gimmick offense that killed our OL and RB's gives me hope. Recommitting to the run game, beefing up the Front 7 and the emergence of DROY Luke Kuechly doesn't hurt either.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Joat":2qgdpnif said:
Obviously.

Getting away from a gimmick offense that killed our OL and RB's gives me hope. Recommitting to the run game, beefing up the Front 7 and the emergence of DROY Luke Kuechly doesn't hurt either.

Welcome to the board Joat. Most of us here like good x's and o's from the opposing teams fans that come in peace.

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
Joat":32ssdxb4 said:
Panther fan here.

I really like the Panthers. That D is legit and Cam will surprise this year. However both CAR and SEA are improved this year so you can't really use last years matchup against either team. It will be a whole new ballgame. Go Hawks.

Joat

Reaction score
BlueThunder":59hewqdb said:
Joat":59hewqdb said:
Obviously.

Welcome to the board Joat. Most of us here like good x's and o's from the opposing teams fans that come in peace.

Thank you. I keep trash talk to a minimum, but sometimes you have to stand your ground. :thirishdrinkers:

Joat

Reaction score
Archer":13rpiw9i said:
Joat":13rpiw9i said:
Panther fan here.

I really like the Panthers. That D is legit and Cam will surprise this year. However both CAR and SEA are improved this year so you can't really use last years matchup against either team. It will be a whole new ballgame. Go Hawks.

The team's themselves will review last year's tape to prepare for the game. I don't see how it's a bad idea. Sure, things have changed; but the teams are generally the same. You can use that tape to look at individual match ups, tendancies, strengths, et.

There's alway something to gain from film study.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I see it being one of those damn frustrating 10 am slopfests where we'll be frustrated no matter what the outcome. We just need to win this one any way possible.

hawker84

Reaction score
i agree. from what i saw in pre-season, doesn't look like the D is able to bring the same intensity on the road, hope i completely wrong here. I just hope the bend don't break defense can have a couple key stops, and the O capitalizes on them, i think special teams and turnovers are going to play a big part of our road success. Penalties have got to be kept to a minimum, especially the drive killing ones..

Saying that, i love our chances sunday, fully expect to be in every game this year, just like last season...

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
You mean I have to be serious? Ok, I think our special teams and Houska will be your doom. Don't be mad. That will be the reason we go 14-2 and not 12-4 and send Kaepernick into insanity for years to come. It's all about the details trust me.:)

Houska with 60 yard range and Thurmond being decent at KR/PR is something nobody here actually factors in......God help the NFL if both perform like the preseason. When Percy shows up around week 9-11 it could get somewhat silly.....

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
Joat":2xo5yps1 said:
The team's themselves will review last year's tape to prepare for the game. I don't see how it's a bad idea. Sure, things have changed; but the teams are generally the same. You can use that tape to look at individual match ups, tendancies, strengths, et.

There's alway something to gain from film study.

No offense but I totally disagree. I mean, your point about film study is of course correct. You can't have "too much" knowledge. But you can't compare teams from one year to the next. There is too much turnover between players, coaches, administration, etc. That's what makes the NFL so much fun to watch... the parity. I'm sure CAR has a good percentage of starters that differ compared to last year, same as Seattle. I know we have different coordinators, specifically the Hawks on D, and that does make a big difference.

seahawkswin1

Reaction score
The one thing that would of killed us last year agaisnt Carolina was the dump off over the middle to the TE. Cam wasn't able to complete those passes and I remember saying whoo and couple of times, because the TE was wide open with a lot of green in front of him. The little 5 yard pass seemed to happen with teams that didn't have the stud TE's more then the teams that did have studs. Hopefully when we blitz and the hot throw comes out we make the quick tackle and don't allow the 3rd and long conversions. Two things I know we won't get blown out and there will be a couple of pathers who can't play the following week.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Dang, a couple of decent posters on that first site, but most of them remind me of hilljacks and inbreds in the movie Deliverance. Give em a banjo and a Sarah Palin poster and you wont see them for days!

One of them was dumb enough to think last years game was played in Seattle... :34853_doh:

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Guy from Carolina Huddle":30hddmnk said:
And the Panthers, can give a unprepared Seattle team a nice rough start to it, by kicking their ass/blitzing them during their home opener.

"...unprepared Seattle team..." LOL

"...blitzing them..." SPOT ON. Carolina's key to the game is to bring a bevy of clever fronts to shoot various gaps, keeping Russell on the move and preventing him from finding a rhythm. It's going to be a fun LOS battle between two very competitive lines.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":1updz7pe said:
Guy from Carolina Huddle":1updz7pe said:
And the Panthers, can give a unprepared Seattle team a nice rough start to it, by kicking their ass/blitzing them during their home opener.

"...unprepared Seattle team..." LOL

"...blitzing them..." SPOT ON. Carolina's key to the game is to bring a bevy of clever fronts to shoot various gaps, keeping Russell on the move and preventing him from finding a rhythm. It's going to be a fun LOS battle between two very competitive lines.
That post from that hilljack Carolina fan is one of the dumbest I've read on this site, and I've read a ton of stupid crap from forty ninnies fans and stuff in the PWR forum! Unprepared Seattle team???? Really? ........ It's also funny how none of them really want to acknowledge last years game, one that they lost and Seattle won despite the Hawks not playing particularly well in.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Perusing those threads I found that they actually believe that Ginn can catch passes. They are about to find out that Ginn only knows how to catch punts.