This Team is GOOD

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Toughest game of the season by far, imo. Def. a big measuring stick. Not season changing, but a great chance to really send a message.
I think they can beat Baltimore, just have to play mistake free football. Sunday is HUGE.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Toughest game of the season by far, imo. Def. a big measuring stick. Not season changing, but a great chance to really send a message.
I think they can beat Baltimore, just have to play mistake free football. Sunday is HUGE.
Agreed! Big game for sure.

All guys need to be locked in. Really curious to see how they plug Williams into this D line and if that frees up Jones and BWagz to do their thing.

Go Hawks!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I loved listening to some of the NY media talk about Williams and his versatility. They can move him all around the line, and they had nothing but good things to say about him. Also talked about how the stats don't really show his true contribution. He draws a lot of double teams, thus giving others the chance to pounce.
He's really good against the run too. My hope is that he just buys into the culture and wants to re-sign. Many have done it over the years, and I like our chances to keep him beyond 2023. Avril, Bennett, Dunlap etc. Those guys were rentals who all chose to stick around. All loved it here and contributed.

toffee

Reaction score
I loved listening to some of the NY media talk about Williams and his versatility. They can move him all around the line, and they had nothing but good things to say about him. Also talked about how the stats don't really show his true contribution. He draws a lot of double teams, thus giving others the chance to pounce.
He's really good against the run too. My hope is that he just buys into the culture and wants to re-sign. Many have done it over the years, and I like our chances to keep him beyond 2023. Avril, Bennett, Dunlap etc. Those guys were rentals who all chose to stick around. All loved it here and contributed.
Our snap counts and Williams can play all around the line. Fresher legs in last month of the season is invaluable. I therefore value this trade more so than Chase Young trade even though Chase might have a better season so far.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
This team is very good and built to last, we still haven't put a whole game together on offense, closest maybe lions game?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
There are far too many qualifiers here, (they're good but). I think Jn'P have put together a solid team of talented players.

My sense is the team is just starting to come together as a team and the sky could be the limit. Injuries have slowed this process some but since the Rams game the team has mostly looked like they want to win and are finding ways to get that accomplished.

This is a playoff caliber team, that will eventually show itself to be a a great deal stronger than many have predicted. They are GOOD!

olyfan63

Reaction score
This is a team on the rise and "winning ugly" is a Pete Carroll trademark.

Baltimore will be a real test. Lamar is playing like the MVP and seems to have done the work to improve at reading defenses. I thought about putting money on the Ravens to take the Owl before they shoot up to the top 5, as I expect them to. If Seattle can go in and beat the Ravens it will be a HUGE statement of where the Hawks are. The Lions got blown out there, down by 35 in the first half. The D has been improving, and for sure we have some Dawgs on that side now. Looking forward to seeing if/how they can slow down Lamar. I'd be thrilled with an ugly win.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Def. a good team with a lot of room for improvement. They could be scary good by late season. Nothing wrong with legit criticism and pointing out flaws.
There's more arguing going on than actual football talk, but that's a message board. I THINK we all love the Hawks and want them to kick a**.
If you can sift thru the 798 dwell on Russ, Fire Pete, Adams Sucks, Stupid Trade, Geno sucks/no he doesn't, DK is a cancer threads, it's a hell of a great board.
I’ll take your sentiments a bit farther.

As a group the staff here at .net has recently re-committed to making this board the absolute best football fan forum on the internet (as it once was).

I/we need and encourage the help of every single member.

Please be fair and realistic about it but use the report feature without guilt when/if you see things that degrade the overall health of the community.
Example:
A particular member that spams the exact same thing in multiple threads.

Members that only appear to post negative thoughts or always seem to be argumentative while never engaging in actual conversation.
Etc etc.

With the help of those that actually care this site/community will flourish once again.

Last edited:

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I’ll take your sentiments a bit farther.

As a group the staff here at .net has recently re-committed to making this board the absolute best football fan forum on the internet (as it once was).

I/we need and encourage the help of every single member.

Please be fair and realistic about it but use the report feature without guilt when/if you see things that degrade the overall health of the community.
Example:
A particular member that spams the exact same thing in multiple threads.

Members that only appear to post negative thoughts or always seem to argumentative while never engaging in actual conversation.
Etc etc.

With the help of those that actually care this site/community will flourish once again.
You guys are amazing, will donate when I can............

Msfann

Reaction score
Winning ugly but still winning. I think the team will improve over the season and we haven't seen the best of them yet.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'm not quite ready to break out the anointing oil as many of you are. We did not play well against the Browns and Geno has been uninspiring as of late. Last Sunday he threw another red zone interception and was luckier than a 3-peckered Billy goat in a herd of sheep when a sure pick 6 was dropped that almost certainly would have lost the game for us.

I'm waiting until this weekend. The Ravens are rated by many as being the top team in the league. If we go into their home turf and come away with the win, then I'll jump on the bandwagon like the rest of you. But save me a spot.

toffee

Reaction score
We met three playoff bound teams, Lions, Bengals, and Browns, we won two. We didn't dominate but won, we can't be that bad or that lucky, can we? As a 12, this season is full of intrigue, from way up before the season started, to a bucket of cold water after the first game, to mastering the art of winning ugly.

I am hoping that Jason Peter got something left in his tank, looked like we might need it.