This is very hard for me to say..............

Hawks46

Reaction score
StoneCold":24mfjubr said:
Sgt. Largent":24mfjubr said:
HoustonHawk82":24mfjubr said:

Although I agree that Marshawn has a level of pride in what he does, I want to believe he has a willingness to allow the team concept to prevail when it comes down to flat out winning.

Maybe, but he's had instances like in Arizona where he flipped off the coaches for not giving him the ball where it might spell trouble if he comes back and Pete tells him he's not the #1 back anymore.

I could see that not going well.

This is not Pete's first rodeo with Marshawn, so IMO if Pete gets that vibe from Marshawn that he doesn't want to come back (even if healthy) if he's not the primary back getting his 25 carries a game he'll just tell Marshawn to stay away. He won't let that be a distraction going into the playoffs.

Didn't Marshawn go out of his way to get Forsett extra carries? Something about saying he was tired, I can't quite remember the whole story.

Google for the win.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/art ... 259f7b99e8

I like this paragraph out of that article:

“It was him just looking out for his friend and giving me an opportunity,” Forsett said. “He always said there was enough for all of us to make plays. He made sure that happened.”

We just hope he has that good relationship with Rawls. Lynch has already gotten paid. Maybe it won't be as much about ego when he's already making a good paycheck.

Seymour

Reaction score
Cartire":1yi0wq7i said:
Sgt. Largent":1yi0wq7i said:
Maybe, but he's had instances like in Arizona where he flipped off the coaches for not giving him the ball...

Thats still an unconfirmed reason. We have no idea who he was flipping off. If he was doing it out of anger/spite or out of playful banter. You dont know if it was directed at the coach or another player. I found it really weird how fast everyone just assumed he was flipping off Bevell though and ran with it as fact.

If you think it through (the entire scenario) it's pretty obvious who Lynch was flipping off. That would be the reason most people would not require this 'proof" that nobody could ever come up with.

Cartire

Reaction score
Seymour":2inaxqj2 said:
Cartire":2inaxqj2 said:
Sgt. Largent":2inaxqj2 said:
Maybe, but he's had instances like in Arizona where he flipped off the coaches for not giving him the ball...

Thats still an unconfirmed reason. We have no idea who he was flipping off. If he was doing it out of anger/spite or out of playful banter. You dont know if it was directed at the coach or another player. I found it really weird how fast everyone just assumed he was flipping off Bevell though and ran with it as fact.

If you think it through (the entire scenario) it's pretty obvious who Lynch was flipping off. That would be the reason most people would not require this 'proof" that nobody could ever come up with.

Think what through? Theres no reason to assume anything. We wont ever know, but its nothing but filling a narrative to think Lynch was flipping off Bevell. Nothing at all. There is literally, absolutely nothing that suggest who he was flipping off or why. People made it a point to fill the narrative because he didnt get the ball. He doesnt get the ball a lot of times. It was like 60% run to 40% pass at the time. So because he flips someone off before he doesnt get the hand-off, you naturally assume its him flipping off Bevell?

Could be why. Might not be why. But any story outside of Lynch telling it, is fabricated.

Seymour

Reaction score
Cartire":2rj8omn9 said:
Seymour":2rj8omn9 said:
Cartire":2rj8omn9 said:
Sgt. Largent":2rj8omn9 said:

Think what through? Theres no reason to assume anything. We wont ever know, but its nothing but filling a narrative to think Lynch was flipping off Bevell. Nothing at all. There is literally, absolutely nothing that suggest who he was flipping off or why. People made it a point to fill the narrative because he didnt get the ball. He doesnt get the ball a lot of times. It was like 60% run to 40% pass at the time. So because he flips someone off before he doesnt get the hand-off, you naturally assume its him flipping off Bevell?

Could be why. Might not be why. But any story outside of Lynch telling it, is fabricated.

He just finished a beast type run that came just short of a TD. They called the play, he broke huddle and flipped the bird to the "bench". He is known as a great teammate, so what "player" would he possibly be flipping off while on the field? NOBODY, other then Bevell who had started this crap with running back by committee stupid comment to start the season. There is a known disconnect between Bevell and Lynch. Very obvious IMO.

Cartire

Reaction score
Seymour":2qeljanl said:
Cartire":2qeljanl said:

He just finished a beast type run that came just short of a TD. They called the play, he broke huddle and flipped the bird to the "bench". He is known as a great teammate, so what "player" would he possibly be flipping off while on the field? NOBODY, other then Bevell who had started this crap with running back by committee stupid comment to start the season. There is a known disconnect between Bevell and Lynch. Very obvious IMO.

You assume that him flipping someone off was in anger. I've flipped off friends before as a jest move, laughing along the way. Their might be an inside joke someone said that had to do with him not finishing the run with a TD. That would make just as much sense to me (even more, since we all believe Lynch to be playful with is teammates)

Seymour

Reaction score
Cartire":2qmxhhgq said:
Seymour":2qmxhhgq said:
Cartire":2qmxhhgq said:

You assume that him flipping someone off was in anger. I've flipped off friends before as a jest move, laughing along the way. Their might be an inside joke someone said that had to do with him not finishing the run with a TD. That would make just as much sense to me (even more, since we all believe Lynch to be playful with is teammates)

On the field, in the middle of an NFL game in front of 100's of thousands of people you did this?

Whatever. Didn't suspect I'd convince you. Just stating the reasons this is a highly likely scenario.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
And I agree with Cartire. As fickle as Marshawn is, there is no way anyone can read into a mere gesture. He may have been flipping off the NFL for the grabbing-the-crotch fine for all we know. ... or maybe it was sign language to Coleman.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
WilsonMVP":kz12l51k said:
If rawls can stay healthy I really like our offense in the next couple years. Wilson, Baldwin and Okung are the oldest and they are only 27 right now.

QB - Wilson 27
HB- Rawls 22
WR1- Baldwin 27
WR2- Kearse 25
WR3- Lockett 23
TE- Willson 25

LT-Okung 27
LG- Britt 24
C- Lewis 24
RG- Sweezy 26
RT- Gilliam 25

I could see them brining in some oline talent. Maybe another TE/WR

Fixed it for you.

Also, if Lynch came back healthy to start the playoffs, why wouldn't a perfectly healthy Lynch running in the offense we have now be effective? Seems like there's a lot of broken ankles jumping off the Lynch bandwagon all of the sudden.

Seymour

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":29dfc7ui said:
WilsonMVP":29dfc7ui said:
If rawls can stay healthy I really like our offense in the next couple years. Wilson, Baldwin and Okung are the oldest and they are only 27 right now.

QB - Wilson 27
HB- Rawls 22
WR1- Baldwin 27
WR2- Kearse 25
WR3- Lockett 23
TE- Willson 25

LT-Okung 27
LG- Britt 24
C- Lewis 24
RG- Sweezy 26
RT- Gilliam 25

I could see them brining in some oline talent. Maybe another TE/WR

Fixed it for you.

Also, if Lynch came back healthy to start the playoffs, why wouldn't a perfectly healthy Lynch running in the offense we have now be effective? Seems like there's a lot of broken ankles jumping off the Lynch bandwagon all of the sudden.

Rawls is faster and hits the holes quicker. The Oline has trouble holding their blocks, and those narrow gaps close in a hurry. Also rather than cut backs like Lynch makes his $$ on, Rawls tend to go N & S more shooting the small gaps.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Seymour":1gp6ahir said:
Rawls is faster and hits the holes quicker. The Oline has trouble holding their blocks, and those narrow gaps close in a hurry. Also rather than cut backs like Lynch makes his $$ on, Rawls tend to go N & S more shooting the small gaps.

I'd buy this if Lynch hadn't been essentially the number one back in the league for a few years prior to this. The man's a beastly runner and it showed in his stats. Just last year we were talking about how many extra yards he might have to get to make it into the Hall of Fame, and suddenly he can't hack it on our offense? Sorry, I'm not buying it.

If he's injured or slowed considerably, sure. Healthy and back? Naw.

Seymour

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":27s9qaeq said:
Seymour":27s9qaeq said:

I'd buy this if Lynch hadn't been essentially the number one back in the league for a few years prior to this. The man's a beastly runner and it showed in his stats. Just last year we were talking about how many extra yards he might have to get to make it into the Hall of Fame, and suddenly he can't hack it on our offense? Sorry, I'm not buying it.

If he's injured or slowed considerably, sure. Healthy and back? Naw.

Not saying Lynch "can't hack it" on this team. I'm saying believe your eyes, Rawls is just shy of 2 yards per carry better (HUGE number), and has already done what Lynch has never done...+200 yards in a game. Seeing is believing, or should be,

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1kj504rd said:
I believe this is Russell's offense now, not Marshawn's. With the success of the switch to a quick read/quick throw approach to the passing game (what took so damned long?!) I believe the coaches are smart enough to stay with this approach. Marshawn and Thomas will do well and run for important yardage of course. But Russ is now the engine in of this offense IMO.

I was waiting for the day when necessity forced this. A good short game has always been missing from this offense, and it came back to bite us in the first half of the season just as it did last year. So if there is a silver lining to the very slow start, it would be that an "alarming sack rate" forced Bevell to emphasize a short-passing/quick release attack. It bore fruit in the form of:

1. Less bludgeoning of RW
2. Helped the new OL learn to target their blocks in front of a QB who felt less of a need to run for his life
3. Helped our QB take flight as a much-improved pocket passer, especially when the OL started to 'get it.'
Those were all long-term benefits.
A short-term benefit is that they are doing a much better job of keeping our D off the field, so that improves our chances of getting those critical stops late in games. Nothing worse than watching a 2nd-half collapse.