This is Embarrassing

HawkMeat

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2prh9m8w said:
Seahawkfan80":2prh9m8w said:
LOL I am not making this up. Seattle fans are some of the cockiest most arrogant sobs in the face of the planet. Most of them really think this is a foregone conclusion. I get a lot of 'NO WAY IN HELL GB IS GONNA BEAT SEATTLE" comments.

My guess is most of these super cocky Hawks fans are either young fans or recent "bandwagon" fans who don't know how long it's taken this franchise to get to where it's at now.

Every OG Hawk fan I know is gun shy about talking smack, including myself. Like if we're too confident we're going to jinx the team. A whipped dog doesn't ever change it's ways, in my Hawk brain I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop due to a lifetime of being disappointed.
I agree. I have o e superbowl and an NBA championship. So many years of heartbreak.
The cockiness of some fans makes me more nervous.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
HawkMeat":mpp1xc4k said:
Sgt. Largent":mpp1xc4k said:
Seahawkfan80":mpp1xc4k said:
LOL I am not making this up. Seattle fans are some of the cockiest most arrogant sobs in the face of the planet. Most of them really think this is a foregone conclusion. I get a lot of 'NO WAY IN HELL GB IS GONNA BEAT SEATTLE" comments.

My guess is most of these super cocky Hawks fans are either young fans or recent "bandwagon" fans who don't know how long it's taken this franchise to get to where it's at now.

Every OG Hawk fan I know is gun shy about talking smack, including myself. Like if we're too confident we're going to jinx the team. A whipped dog doesn't ever change it's ways, in my Hawk brain I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop due to a lifetime of being disappointed.
I agree. I have o e superbowl and an NBA championship. So many years of heartbreak.
The cockiness of some fans makes me more nervous.

I was a camp counselor when the Sonics won the championship. Our teachers were listening to the games on the radio in the vehicles we had there for emergencies. We would go to camp wooten back then in the 6th grade and high school students (Juniors and Seniors) would be counselors helping the kids learn about mountains, dirt, water, trees, and the environment. Ever so many years ago...

Wow. Go Hawks.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
I had a friend that was a Raiders fan, and use to always, I mean always talks smack about the Seahawks. This was before we even won our championship, I don't get the hate really. After the Raiders weren't doing good he was a 49ers fan all of a sudden. I called him up on it and he said he's loyal to both teams and always been a fan of both. The problem was that he didn't know any of the player's name. I knew more about both of his so called teams than himself. I'm not saying some of the Seahawks bandwagoners are like that but damn I sure hope not. It's enough that I had to keep hearing that he just hates the Seahawks, but he's never given me a reason why, and like I said it's way before we won our championship.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1mnywf2q said:
Seahawkfan80":1mnywf2q said:

I am this way with every Seattle sports team. I was this way during the Super Bowl after the Broncos scored a touchdown at the end of the 3rd quarter. I started doing math in my head and telling myself "it's not over yet...." out of sheer paranoia.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
There are just different levels of fanhood. I know several people who watch the games and cheer for the 'Hawks and have for years, but that's about the extent of it. It doesn't mean they're not fans. They're just less interested in the details.

However, one would hope that people who took the time and trouble to go to a rally might be a bit more knowledgeable about the team, but I guess not. I wonder why these people would volunteer to answer trivia questions when they clearly have no team trivia knowledge?

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
Here are a couple of pics

The Capilano Suspension Bridge in North Vancouver ( 12th flag put there before there a couple of weeks ago )

of course a the Canucks game Last Saturday night after the Hawks game.

Attachments

• 1904210_10152528285561722_7988934339840549869_n.jpg
    1904210_10152528285561722_7988934339840549869_n.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 2,427
  • 10897001_10152494950091722_9117879016710950759_n.jpg
    10897001_10152494950091722_9117879016710950759_n.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 2,427

Largent80

Reaction score
I made a post the other day welcoming new fans. We all became fans at one point.

You can't blame new fans for being new, s a fan is a fan. Besides all us old dudes are dieyin off, we need reincarnations.

Tical21

Reaction score
We're still, on average, just about the least knowledgeable sports city in the country. We're younger though, got a long ways to go.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":10zu7lud said:
http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=105435

I don't mind new fans or even band wagon fans, but if you're going in front of the world to answer seahawks trivia in full seahawks gear, you should at least know the easy ones.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
kidhawk":11sjejqx said:
Largent80":11sjejqx said:
http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=105435

I don't mind new fans or even band wagon fans, but if you're going in front of the world to answer seahawks trivia in full seahawks gear, you should at least know the easy ones.

Who was the quarterbacks coach for Boise State University for a few years approximately 5-10 years ago??? I mentioned this a while back. he he he

Escamillo

Reaction score
I find this thread absurd.
What does knowledge of the Real Rob Report have to do with anything?
I've been a Seahawks fan since the 70s. My favorite player was Sherman Smith, I remember the Zorn/Largent milk radio ads. I remember the McDonald's Seahawks glasses and the commercial with a bunch of Seahawks at McDonald's getting drinks with their glasses, including Steve Raible, who pronounced "The Steve Raible glass" with a heavy southern accent. I remember the 51-48 overtime win against KC, where Warner rushed for 200+ yards. I remember the front office black-balling Sam McCullum, who was the Seahawks #2 receiver behind Largent on the depth chart, because he was the Seahawks labor union rep, and there was a labor dispute that year. I remember the 45-0 win over KC when Seattle had 4 pick-6's, everyone in the secondary had at least one pick-6 except John Harris. I remember Sherman Smith hitting the RB wall and suddenly becoming horrible and Theotis Brown taking over at running back. I remember Efren Herrera catching (corrected from "throwing", lol) a pass on Monday Night Football. I remember Kenny Easley advocating to retain Mike McCormick as head coach after his stint as interim coach in the wake of the firing of Patera (the team would ignore that advice and move McKormick back to the front office as GM and hire Chuck Knox as head coach). I remember Brian Bosworth was Dave Wyman's roommate during training camp. I remember Fred Young demanding a "Boz Clause" in his contract, where he would get 1 more dollar than Bosworth. lol. I remember Curt Warner and John L Williams running all over Dallas on Thanksgiving, on the day that Dallas unveiled their "dream backfield" of Dorsett and Walker (the Seahawks shut them down, blew them out, and Warner/Williams totally outshown Dorsett/Walker).

I could go on and on, but the point is, nobody can question my history as a long term Seahawks fan.

And guess what, I never paid attention to the Real Rob Report, don't care about it, and only even heard about it peripherally. That makes me a bandwagon fan? And it would be "embarrassing" to Seahawks fans if I could not answer trivia questions about the Real Rob Report? Really? Get real.
Silly thread. :lol:

jhoeHawk

Reaction score
My fandom gets questioned all the time down here in Vegas. One blackjack dealer asked me if I knew who the Superbowl 48 MVP was :shock: He said surprisingly many people tell him it was Russell Wilson or Marshawn Lynch. Another person asked if I was a "real" Seahawks fan.

I actually do enjoy getting asked those questions as it gives me a great segway into telling my LOOOOOOONG story of when and how I became a Seahawks fan in the early 90's watching Cortez Kennedy, Chris Warren, and co. trying to muster 2 wins in a season to the Superbowl that was stolen from us to the Superbowl we took! They'll think twice before asking a Hawk fan about their fandom in the future. :D

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Escamillo":24sfdvtd said:
I've been a Seahawks fan since the 70s. My favorite player was Sherman Smith, I remember the Zorn/Largent milk radio ads. I remember the McDonald's Seahawks glasses and the commercial with a bunch of Seahawks at McDonald's getting drinks with their glasses, including Steve Raible, who pronounced "The Steve Raible glass" with a heavy southern accent. I remember the 51-48 overtime win against KC, where Warner rushed for 200+ yards. I remember the front office black-balling Sam McCullum, who was the Seahawks #2 receiver behind Largent on the depth chart, because he was the Seahawks labor union rep, and there was a labor dispute that year. I remember the 45-0 win over KC when Seattle had 4 pick-6's, everyone in the secondary had at least one pick-6 except John Harris. I remember Sherman Smith hitting the RB wall and suddenly becoming horrible and Theotis Brown taking over at running back. I remember Efren Herrera throwing a pass on Monday Night Football. I remember Kenny Easley advocating to retain Mike McCormick as head coach after his stint as interim coach in the wake of the firing of Patera (the team would ignore that advice and move McKormick back to the front office as GM and hire Chuck Knox as head coach). I remember Brian Bosworth was Dave Wyman's roommate during training camp. I remember Fred Young demanding a "Boz Clause" in his contract, where he would get 1 more dollar than Bosworth. lol. I remember Curt Warner and John L Williams running all over Dallas on Thanksgiving, on the day that Dallas unveiled their "dream backfield" of Dorsett and Walker (the Seahawks shut them down, blew them out, and Warner/Williams totally outshown Dorsett/Walker).

I could go on and on, but the point is, nobody can question my history as a long term Seahawks fan.

And guess what, I never paid attention to the Real Rob Report, don't care about it, and only even heard about it peripherally. That makes me a bandwagon fan? Really? Get real.
Dumb thread. :lol:
But you knew who did the Real Rob Report right?

byau

Reaction score
Escamillo":m2k2tdc7 said:

And guess what, I never paid attention to the Real Rob Report, don't care about it, and only even heard about it peripherally. That makes me a bandwagon fan? Really? Get real.

Agreed here. Hardcore fans live the Seahawks and post on forums and follow everything on the internet and listen to opposing radio stations and follow opposing teams' forums and ....

I don't think most people do this.

What's wrong with just getting into your garb, getting together with your buddies or friends, cheering loudly for your home team?

I don't think the average fan would know about Real Rob. They wouldn't have followed various media outlets with the multiple mentions.

They just want to cheer for their home team every week.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
This might be just as much about trivia as it is fandom. Have you ever played Trivial Pursuit with someone who is otherwise intelligent enough, but just sucks at that game? Maybe you are that person? It's okay. Trivia is trivial after all. :) I've known people who can handle complex projects and have demanding jobs, but never paid attention to random details like, what annual sporting event is central to Tom Clancy's book "The Sum of All Fears?"

That said, I can't imagine not knowing current players' numbers. I mean, I still get mixed up on some newer guys (Moeaki, Dobbs, etc.) but c'mon man! If you're going to participate in a public trivia contest, you gotta do better than that!

Escamillo

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2xiz83ki said:
Escamillo":2xiz83ki said:
I've been a Seahawks fan since the 70s. My favorite player was Sherman Smith, I remember the Zorn/Largent milk radio ads. I remember the McDonald's Seahawks glasses and the commercial with a bunch of Seahawks at McDonald's getting drinks with their glasses, including Steve Raible, who pronounced "The Steve Raible glass" with a heavy southern accent. I remember the 51-48 overtime win against KC, where Warner rushed for 200+ yards. I remember the front office black-balling Sam McCullum, who was the Seahawks #2 receiver behind Largent on the depth chart, because he was the Seahawks labor union rep, and there was a labor dispute that year. I remember the 45-0 win over KC when Seattle had 4 pick-6's, everyone in the secondary had at least one pick-6 except John Harris. I remember Sherman Smith hitting the RB wall and suddenly becoming horrible and Theotis Brown taking over at running back. I remember Efren Herrera throwing a pass on Monday Night Football. I remember Kenny Easley advocating to retain Mike McCormick as head coach after his stint as interim coach in the wake of the firing of Patera (the team would ignore that advice and move McKormick back to the front office as GM and hire Chuck Knox as head coach). I remember Brian Bosworth was Dave Wyman's roommate during training camp. I remember Fred Young demanding a "Boz Clause" in his contract, where he would get 1 more dollar than Bosworth. lol. I remember Curt Warner and John L Williams running all over Dallas on Thanksgiving, on the day that Dallas unveiled their "dream backfield" of Dorsett and Walker (the Seahawks shut them down, blew them out, and Warner/Williams totally outshown Dorsett/Walker).

But you knew who did the Real Rob Report right?

I wouldn't say I "knew" it 100%. As I said, I heard of it peripherally, but I don't recall ever watching it (or reading it or listening to it, or however one consumes it). Were I asked about it, I would have guessed correctly, but that guess would have been based on deduction, not from actual knowledge about it. I can't get behind the idea that if one doesn't know the Real Rob Report, then one is not a true fan of the team. For all I know, maybe even Paul Allen never heard of the Real Rob Report or knows off the top of his head who wears what numbers. hehe

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
To be honest...I did not know the numbers. I know some of the team numbers. I would not go up there as I am a scared SOB in front of a group....unless I have a few. But I am starting to slow down a LOT. Go Hawks.

dutchman063

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3skew0kl said:
Sigh, the downside of being the reigning champions...Bandwagon fans wanting to be seen.

85% of current Seahawk fans are bandwagon fans, even this forum most of its members have only been here 3 or 4 years

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
Escamillo":a1hn7m04 said:

And guess what, I never paid attention to the Real Rob Report, don't care about it, and only even heard about it peripherally. That makes me a bandwagon fan? And it would be "embarrassing" to Seahawks fans if I could not answer trivia questions about the Real Rob Report? Really? Get real.
Silly thread. :lol:

Well Said I remember when the kingdom opened I was there for the very first Seahawk game , My Dad left me his season tickets from 1977 and have been a season ticket holder ever since .

Latest posts