This is Embarrassing

taco40

Reaction score
dutchman063":jco7t10j said:
RolandDeschain":jco7t10j said:
Sigh, the downside of being the reigning champions...Bandwagon fans wanting to be seen.

85% of current Seahawk fans are bandwagon fans, even this forum most of its members have only been here 3 or 4 years

87% of all post estimates are made up. Way to keep up the trend.
And so sorry that not everyone knows about this site.

Back to the thread.

As far as the people who are really talking about improving the fan base's knowledge, why not suggest that they find "100 Things Seahawks Fans Should Know & Do Before They Die (100 Things...Fans Should Know)" by John Morgan or watch Rain City Redemption on Vimeo.com. Do you encourage folks to check out .net? If I see someone wearing Seahawks gear when I'm out shopping and I strike up a conversation about the Hawks, I often get around to RCR asking if they've seen it. Very often not. I tell them they are in for a treat. You might be surprised how many long time Hawks fans don't know about forums and RRC.
Does that contrast with those who brag in public about being a Hawks fan their whole life and make a point of saying it in such a way as to look down on those who haven't been? I hope so. ( I appreciate those here who are lifelong fans and don't look down their noses at my bandwagon state of only being a Hawks fan for a miserable decade after moving here from the Midwest.)

rideaducati

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":2j7auz9x said:
Sgt. Largent":2j7auz9x said:
Seahawkfan80":2j7auz9x said:
LOL I am not making this up. Seattle fans are some of the cockiest most arrogant sobs in the face of the planet. Most of them really think this is a foregone conclusion. I get a lot of 'NO WAY IN HELL GB IS GONNA BEAT SEATTLE" comments.

My guess is most of these super cocky Hawks fans are either young fans or recent "bandwagon" fans who don't know how long it's taken this franchise to get to where it's at now.

Every OG Hawk fan I know is gun shy about talking smack, including myself. Like if we're too confident we're going to jinx the team. A whipped dog doesn't ever change it's ways, in my Hawk brain I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop due to a lifetime of being disappointed.

Me too. It is just a matter of when. :(

Not me, I am thoroughly enjoying my time as a Seahawk fan right now. I have suffered through all the smack thrown my way from too many other fanbases over the years. This Seahawk team has now given me the right to smack back and I am not going to let that pass me by.

These Packer fans act as though they have always been great, but with two HOF QBs back to back, they've still only got one more Super Bowl win than the Seahawks since 1976... That changes on Feb 1st. when the Seahawks hoist their second.

Quick question for Packer fans. Since none of you guys are bandwagon fans and have all been around forever, do you remember why the Buccaneers were put into the NFC Central? Because it didn't look good for such a storied franchise to be finishing in last place all the time and only an expansion team could do worse than the Packers back then.

drdiags

Reaction score
Goes with the territory. Being a Seahawks fan is like being a black guy. You wonder why the media is always finding a SacHawk type when they need a money quote.

You just know this is going to be used to further tarnish your fandom or ethnicity. Ha ha, that damn SacHawk.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
dutchman063":ivp3dw3q said:
RolandDeschain":ivp3dw3q said:
Sigh, the downside of being the reigning champions...Bandwagon fans wanting to be seen.

85% of current Seahawk fans are bandwagon fans, even this forum most of its members have only been here 3 or 4 years
You really aren't very intelligent are you?
Sorry I shouldn't attack the poster but this site has barely been up so making an assumption like that is very absurd. There was a mass migration around the time you are speaking so the join dates are irrelevant.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":ax5esnnf said:
Seahawkfan80":ax5esnnf said:
LOL I am not making this up. Seattle fans are some of the cockiest most arrogant sobs in the face of the planet. Most of them really think this is a foregone conclusion. I get a lot of 'NO WAY IN HELL GB IS GONNA BEAT SEATTLE" comments.

My guess is most of these super cocky Hawks fans are either young fans or recent "bandwagon" fans who don't know how long it's taken this franchise to get to where it's at now.

Every OG Hawk fan I know is gun shy about talking smack, including myself. Like if we're too confident we're going to jinx the team. A whipped dog doesn't ever change it's ways, in my Hawk brain I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop due to a lifetime of being disappointed.

That's where I've changed as a fan. I'm no longer expecting the shoe to drop. I have faith they can win every game.
What a liberating feeling it is when I'm watching the game--relaxed and excited at the same time.

And when they do lose, I'm not that disappointed, because I know their future is bright for 2-3 years more, at least.
I am truly enjoying the ride right now, unabashedly, because I know it will come to a close some day.

Just not any time soon!

Go Hawks!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I have been a fan of our team since before Mt ST Helens blew her top off. I was in state at the time and still to this day have a bit of ash at my place. It got dark at noon and started snowing ash an hour later. I am still a fan. Go Hawks.

danp1990

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3ok549vq said:
Sgt. Largent":3ok549vq said:

Tumblr mpybccLxCB1swoul4o1 500

Amen brothers! !! I know I've been a Hawks Fan for the last 13yrs. Now but I conclude I never talk trash .All I can do is hope we kill them out there, but we gotta be reasonable about the reality. Any given Sunday any team wins.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
dutchman063":2nxuaz4m said:
RolandDeschain":2nxuaz4m said:

You are wrong.

Unless you consider me a bandwagon fan, since Ive been a fan since I was 8, which was year 1 in 1976.

I don't care if folks are bandwagon or not, as long as they stick around regardless of how each season goes.

That's what made the domination and victory of XLVIII so wonderful, it made all of the suffering and anguish of being a Seattle sports fan worth it since we have gone thru so much crap, the payoff was better than I could have imagined and I Hope to feel that euphoria again after SB 49.

rideaducati

Reaction score
dutchman063":3igds4k7 said:
RolandDeschain":3igds4k7 said:

96% of current Packer fans are bandwagon fans. Who in their right mind became a Packer fan in the 70's or 80's when they were the laughing stock of the NFL? They ALL jumped on the bandwagon after Favre started getting them into the playoffs in the early 90's or when Erin Rodgers took them to the Super Bowl in 2010. The other 4% is older than dirt.

evergreen

Reaction score
seahawk Dan":1gtdty0r said:
Here are a couple of pics

The Capilano Suspension Bridge in North Vancouver ( 12th flag put there before there a couple of weeks ago )

of course a the Canucks game Last Saturday night after the Hawks game.
Back in the early 80s we went to Canada because the drinking age was 19, and the bridge was closed. We climbed the fence and went across anyway. The drinking age was 19... Right when we got to where the 12 flag is the people came out with dogs. We ran to the other side which of course, is a dead end. Since the drinking age was 19 we went down the canyon and through the river may times as they watched us from the bridge until finally we got around a corner...

CANHawk

Reaction score
New fans are cool. I have to admit though, I've have taken to wearing older hawks gear out in public. I went out in my Joe Jervicius jersey today. No bandwagon here...

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
evergreen":3bft8ul8 said:
seahawk Dan":3bft8ul8 said:
Here are a couple of pics

The Capilano Suspension Bridge in North Vancouver ( 12th flag put there before there a couple of weeks ago )

of course a the Canucks game Last Saturday night after the Hawks game.
Back in the early 80s we went to Canada because the drinking age was 19, and the bridge was closed. We climbed the fence and went across anyway. The drinking age was 19... Right when we got to where the 12 flag is the people came out with dogs. We ran to the other side which of course, is a dead end. Since the drinking age was 19 we went down the canyon and through the river may times as they watched us from the bridge until finally we got around a corner...

Cool story, when the canucks were in the Stanly cup final 1994, 1982, 2011 they dressed that bridge completely up in canucks colors , the same with our Canadian Football Team BC LIONS when they got to the championship game, But what is so Cool about the Hawks is they have owned that bridge for the last 4 years as all of 12 north ( BCers) have completely jumped on Board with the Hawks and I think will never leave.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
dutchman063":11a5de5l said:
RolandDeschain":11a5de5l said:

Shut your punk ass up with your 126 posts