The younger generation doesn’t understand how good we had it…

bigcc

Reaction score
Low scoring defensive games, run heavy, shot down the field every once in awhile. That's what Pete tried for, doesn't mean they didn't score points. It's a boring brand of football. Anyone would rather watch the Pats, Rams, or Chiefs style of football.
I literally just listed a bunch of QB's geno threw more ypg than.

Also, fun fact for the intellectually challenged here

Seahawks were 31st in rushing attempts last year, and 23rd the year before, 27th before that!

Wow, such run heavy!

Also, mentioning the Pats as a fun team to watch is ******* hilarious

DirectMessage

Reaction score

Seahawks were 31st in rushing attempts last year, and 23rd the year before, 27th before that!

Wow, such run heavy!

Also, mentioning the Pats as a fun team to watch is *******

Wow, such run heavy!

Also, mentioning the Pats as a fun team to watch is ******* hilarious
Mike is a defensive minded coach like Pete. Every other single decision the Seahawks did after that was the complete opposite of what Pete stood for. From the age of the coaches to the offensive philosophy of Grubb. You couldn't be further opposite of what a Pete Carroll led Seahawks team was. So are the Seahawks intellectually challenged or the people on this board? I believe the Seahawks knew better since they worked with Pete for 14 years and not you.

bigcc

Reaction score
Mike is a defensive minded coach like Pete. Every other single decision the Seahawks did after that was the complete opposite of what Pete stood for. From the age of the coaches to the offensive philosophy of Grubb. You couldn't be further opposite of what a Pete Carroll led Seahawks team was. So are the Seahawks intellectually challenged or the people on this board? I believe the Seahawks knew better since they worked with Pete for 14 years and not you.
You lost me at "every other single decision" grammatical brilliance

I'll humor you though (well, some of this word vomit), what did Pete "stand for?"

Seriously, "You couldn't be further opposite of what a Pete Carroll led Seahawks team was."

Dog, literally first thing you just said is that Mike is a defensive minded coach like Pete. I don't know man, I can think of ways to go further apart.

Also, John Schneider is literally the only person to my knowledge that worked with Pete the entire time, who are "the seahawks" that worked with him for 14 years?

DirectMessage

Reaction score
You lost me at "every other single decision" grammatical brilliance

I'll humor you though (well, some of this word vomit), what did Pete "stand for?"

Seriously, "You couldn't be further opposite of what a Pete Carroll led Seahawks team was."

Dog, literally first thing you just said is that Mike is a defensive minded coach like Pete. I don't know man, I can think of ways to go further apart.

Also, John Schneider is literally the only person to my knowledge that worked with Pete the entire time, who are "the seahawks" that worked with him for 14 years?

Believe what you want.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Enough with the back and forth bitching/jabbing/etc. The thread has been derailed enough. Get it back on track.

I was at that game as a kid with my pops and Grandfather. They were pissed and I was trying figure out if we were still in seattle lol

bigcc

Reaction score
Enough with the back and forth bitching/jabbing/etc. The thread has been derailed enough. Get it back on track.

I was at that game as a kid with my pops and Grandfather. They were pissed and I was trying figure out if we were still in seattle lol
I only went to the kingdome a handful of times, and I think they were mostly mariners.

I've been to probably 40ish seahawks games total though, and it's strange to imagine being outnumbered like that, because that was certainly never my experience. Outside of a couple apple cups, my experience with opposing fans has always been friendly banter at worst.

But as a whole getting back on topic, 9-8 being a disappointing year is NOT a normal thing throughout the nfl. Especially over the course of more than a decade.

I love the Macdonald hiring, but he's significantly more likely to go 7-10 than 10-7 this year,and I really think a lot of people's expectations for immediate improvement is tragically misguided.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I was pretty spotty the first couple years because the Hawks weren't exactly a big TV draw. But after that I've been steadily on board. Been through the whole nine yards. My greatest disappointment was when we finally had Denver pinned during their glory years, but Teeth and company managed to score 21 points in the last 2-3 minutes to snatch victory from defeat. I will always have Denver at the top of my "hate" list. Dallas is in second.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Hell, I wasn't around for the bad times. It was easy for me to contextualize how good we really had it simply by looking at how the rest of the league has fared in that time period.

keasley45

Reaction score
I love the Macdonald hiring, but he's significantly more likely to go 7-10 than 10-7 this year,and I really think a lot of people's expectations for immediate improvement is tragically misguided.

Make that quote in your sig this year when we finish at least 10-7. Deal?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Then don't watch. Leave, and never come back. You add less here than the average 49ers fan, and everyone will be glad to see the back of you, Eeyore.

I have to stay to educate the likes of you. Besides, Pete's gone now. The team should look like a modern day team once again.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
And enough with the hair pulling all involved. Either stay on topic or move on.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'll stick to the OP.

I've been a Seahawk fan from the get-go. From 1984 until the year Paul Allen bought the team, I split a pair of season tickets with a friend of mine. We both lived in Eastern Washington, so getting to/from the games was problematic, especially considering that I worked odd shifts, weekends, etc. Those days in the mid-late 80's were fantastic. The old Kingdome really got rocking, The Wave was a big thing that got its start in Seattle, and Hawks tickets were a hot item. We had the 2nd longest waiting list for season tickets. I was in the stands when Largent broke his consecutive games with at least one reception and when he laid out Mike Harden.

As far as the level of excitement goes, I'd put that period of time, from 83-89 or so, up against any other in Seahawk history. One of the differences between then and now is that there was no secondary ticket market like Ticketmaster and Stub Hub, no Craig's List. About 95% of all the tickets sold were season tickets, and the only way you could get tickets was to personally know someone who had season tickets or if you went on a comp as I did on a number of occasions.

The result was that there was a lot higher percentage of Hawk fans in the crowd as opposing fans, as much as they would have liked to, couldn't access tickets. And those who were in attendance were hard core Hawks fans as the difficulty of obtaining tickets discouraged the casual fan. Nowadays, you go to a game and 20-40% of the crowd is composed of fans of the opposing team. Back then, you rarely saw a visiting jersey.

Last edited:

WarHawks

Reaction score
🤷. Do I get an award for the stupidest comment ever posted? 😂. If anybody knew what they were talking about on this board they would be working in the NFL. It's a pretty common opinion that Pete ball is boring to watch.
Nice recovery

WarHawks

Reaction score
I've been a fan since the 80's and my best memories and experiences with the Hawks were during Pete Ball. Winning the sb was of course a mountain top experience I'll never forget. Prior to Holmgren, it was kind of boring because we weren't very good. His 2005 team and the sb against the team that shall not be named got me fully on board as a fan. I've been hooked ever since.

Winning is exciting. Losing is boring and tiresome. Unfortunately however, winning when you feel like you should be losing isn't that much fun either, which is why I look forward to moving on from Geno, as I just don't enjoy watching him play. That definitely makes me spoiled. I'll own that.

Last edited: