The What's Wrong With Russell Wilson Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NFLFan45

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1bnpgr6u said:
NFLFan45":1bnpgr6u said:
"49ers established in 1946, took till the 80's to win their first Ring, you would think they came into the league wearing those by listening to the fans"

I hate the 9ers as much as anyone, but how does this sig make any sense whatsoever??

The Niners were established in 1946. They went to and won their first super bowl in 1981 taking 35 years to get it done.

I get the "5 rings" getting annoying and all I just don't see how pointing out that it took them 35 years to get their first ring is some kind of slam coming from Hawks fans when the Hawks when it took the Hawks 29 years (a whopping 6 year difference) to get to a super bowl and they didn't win it.

The Hawks are on year 38 of their existence and haven't won a ring yet. And if or when they do this year, it still took them 3 years longer to get theirs than it did SF.

So how is that sig any kind of legitimate slam against SF?

Just had to point that out. When I read that sig I laughed, cause it really makes no sense.

Troll alert!!! Mods? Ban Hammer please. Thanks. :49ersmall:

Wow. How soft are you?? I called out a SIG a poster has saying it's nonsense and you want me to be banned from the forum for it? I'm not a troll. You'll see. I'll rarely if ever even post on here (I'm more of a lurker on MB's than a poster) I HATE the 49ers with a passion.

Please explain how that SIG makes sense in any way though.

You can't, because it doesn't. And you don't like that so you want me banned. What a soft and whiny little poster you are.

Anthony!

Reaction score
FairWeatherFan":3m275w3j said:
He's lost his poise. He not allowing plays to develop. He's not throwing strikes.

Disagree totally the facts do not support this claim, but your handle says it all.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Hawksfan76":1wcpkuyt said:
Although Russell isn't playing great I think with our great defense both he and our coaching staff are playing to not turnover the ball. no stupid mistakes to hand the other team easy chances. they want to let our defense win the game. if we get behind then Russell's passing stats will go up. we are playing it safe on offense and letting our defense make the plays. sure i'd like to see Russell throw for 3 td's and 300 yards but as long as we win then it don't matter. we are playing to our strengths and that's our defense.

That is pretty much what PC said on 710 a little while ago

Seeker

Reaction score
I feel like it is more schizophrenia between leadership (DB wants to pass all day long and use all his toys, cable wants to run on every play). I kinda see both sides.

jacksonfan

Reaction score
time to give tarv jack his chance

put wilson in and the niners will demolish him
niners are starting to play ball.

Wilson is regressing maybe injured, but that doesnt really matter,

If he is injured or not, doesnt matter, his ball is floating, and he can only hit someone is wide open
Percy almost got murdered cause wilson ball was floating

Sorry Wilson Lovers, ur boy is playing like shit

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
I honestly thought I'd already banned jacksonfan.

Anyway, totally not going to delete it.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Nine pages summed up in four words... too short, cut 'em.

:sarcasm_off:

Chapman

Reaction score
I for one think we take advantage of Wilson when he's killing it, and we aren't patient enough when he struggles.
Wilson alone cannot win us these games, but he is in a position to throw away our chances.
So far he has not done that.

From my point of view it is our defense that has crippled our offense.
With their dynamic play and the ability to control the tempo of the game it takes away the urgency and frequency for our offense to score.

mistaowen

Reaction score
jacksonfan":2ggaufcm said:

If he is injured or not, doesnt matter, his ball is floating, and he can only hit someone is wide open

Hahaha, completely forgot about jacksonfan.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Anthony!":7h37h4k8 said:
smerfy01":7h37h4k8 said:
There's a lot going on that i've noticed since Rice went out.

1. Receivers aren't getting separation. We see it on the slants, we see it on the designed bootlegs, we see it on the play action passes for deep plays. Russel holding the ball, looking downfield and either running it back to the line of scrimmage/throwing it away or taking a coverage sack.

2. The playcalling hasn't facilitated getting Russel Wilson into a rhythm. What do I mean by that? How many hot reads do we have? Short passes? Screens? We ran a lot of slot plays on 3rd down today, but we've been lacking in the short-intermediate passing game the last half of the season and defenses have been exploiting this.

3. In the case of this game, we did very little passing except on 3rd down and the occasional 1st or 2nd. Throughout the 3rd quarter and into the 4th, the playcalling gave Wilson no ability to get into a throwing rhythm.

4. We aren't utilizing our Tight Ends in the middle of the field. Miller and Willson are targeted maybe 3 times tops in the game, which allows the secondary to cheat their coverage on our WRs. We're not exploiting the open space in the middle of the field and we haven't all year.

5. We're a run-first offense right now. We have been all season. Sometimes quarterbacks need a game where the team needs them to throw in order to get back into a season rhythm. Wilson hasn't had that since the game against the Bucs probably.

6. Wilson has taken far too many hits this season. He's keeping his hands up on read-option plays, so he gets decked by the spy. Receivers aren't separating so coverage sacks are a problem. We've had offensive line issues all season. He does not feel comfortable in the pocket and I don't blame him.

7. Bevell in this game made very few adjustments to what the Saints defense was giving them in the 3rd quarter. A majority of Wilson's passes were OOB when no one was open, or it was to a slot receiver. No screens, no checkdowns to Lynch in the flat, nothing to keep the Saints secondary honest.

All of these points lead me to believe that there is something wrong scheme-wise with what we are doing in our passing game. It's become very predictable and pedestrian. 3rd down? slot. Play action bootleg? looking for the long ball. TE's are extra blockers and not a threat to coverage most of the game. Our WRs have difficulty separating from DBs. We're not spreading the ball out as much as we should and need to.

We had a balanced attack for about 3 weeks on offense. It involved everyone getting involved. Tate, Baldwin, Miller, Kearse, Rice. Rice gave the other receivers that needed separation because he commanded attention on the field due to his size, speed and athleticism. Harvin gave us that in the 1st half. Without throwing our offensive playbook in the trash, we need that Harvin/Rice level receiver to command some attention and force the secondary to gameplan around that, instead of Tate and Baldwin. They are not, nor will they ever be, #1 receivers. They are utility receivers that are great in space.

So it's an amalgamation of a lot of things that is hampering Wilson's efficiency. At least he's not turning the ball over...

Great post spot on

Spot on sir.

So many question marks with our offense, is 6 days enough to fix all of them? I really don't believe so right now. The defense will have to put up a shutout or at least get a defensive score and or short field for our offense to do much.

chris98251

Reaction score
NFLFan45":neucr3qf said:
Seahwkgal":neucr3qf said:
NFLFan45":neucr3qf said:
"49ers established in 1946, took till the 80's to win their first Ring, you would think they came into the league wearing those by listening to the fans"

I hate the 9ers as much as anyone, but how does this sig make any sense whatsoever??

The Niners were established in 1946. They went to and won their first super bowl in 1981 taking 35 years to get it done.

I get the "5 rings" getting annoying and all I just don't see how pointing out that it took them 35 years to get their first ring is some kind of slam coming from Hawks fans when the Hawks when it took the Hawks 29 years (a whopping 6 year difference) to get to a super bowl and they didn't win it.

The Hawks are on year 38 of their existence and haven't won a ring yet. And if or when they do this year, it still took them 3 years longer to get theirs than it did SF.

So how is that sig any kind of legitimate slam against SF?

Just had to point that out. When I read that sig I laughed, cause it really makes no sense.

Troll alert!!! Mods? Ban Hammer please. Thanks. :49ersmall:

Wow. How soft are you?? I called out a SIG a poster has saying it's nonsense and you want me to be banned from the forum for it? I'm not a troll. You'll see. I'll rarely if ever even post on here (I'm more of a lurker on MB's than a poster) I HATE the 49ers with a passion.

Please explain how that SIG makes sense in any way though.

You can't, because it doesn't. And you don't like that so you want me banned. What a soft and whiny little poster you are.

I guess you missed the threads that were about the contant five rings entitlement posts, regardless I guess that all things not understood by you is nonesense along with the 2 whole post contributions you have made to date, carry on and I suppose that if you lurked as you say the threads would have been read by you. If not you have about 17 weeks of catch up to do before you start calling signitures and threads nonsense because you may not understand the background behind them.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Wilson got rocked hard in STL. One reason I fear the Rams D more than any other in the division. His body language spoke volumes after the game...he was clearly physically fatigued. And should have been.

Last year, he was bent on proving himself and flourished in a league unaccustomed to his style of play. This year...there wasn't much left to prove for Wilson but at the same time, D's are getting a better handle on how best to defense him. Now he's become something of a matinee idol and I believe has spread himself thinner than he had last year. How could he not lose focus under such conditions?

All said, I think he is both physically and mentally fatigued, his line is suspect, he's lost weapons and DCs are starting to get his number. I'm not surprised he's hit this wall. Now, with lucrative endorsements and a couple years under his belt, I expect him to be better than ever...next year.

This year, I believe Bevell and Pete are protecting him and so far so good. Two more games and we're champions and I have a feeling Russ is going to spend his last to get us there. Next year, with our D fairly well set (after re-signing Bennett / Avril) we will get RW a couple more weapons and life will be good again. I think this has been a sophomore slump of a different animal and I am impressed he's handled it all as well as he has. Go Hawks.

Anthony!

Reaction score
jacksonfan":k1qh2x7x said:

TROLL ALERT, and one that cannot even get a little fact right

chris98251

Reaction score
Anthony!":31cz17no said:
jacksonfan":31cz17no said:

TROLL ALERT, and one that cannot even get a little fact right

Guess he didn't read the warning on the top of the page, bye bye

BayAreafbfan

Reaction score
I know I may get slammed for this but this year's Seahawks are like the 2011 49ers. Lights out defense, bruising running game but when you face defenses that shut down the running game and have to get some productivity from the passing game and your receivers aren't getting open it can lead to a nailbiter on whatever team flinches first with a turnover.

That game we had with the Giants in 2011 was a field position game which seemed like forever and the lackluster passing game turned the contest into which team fumbles the ball. It really is a helpless feeling as a fan watching a game hoping for the other team to make a mistake to create your fortune.

We had the same problem you guys are dealing with now in that 2011 NFC Championship. The problem with Seattle is the average talent at WR is not creating enough separation and that's with one on one coverage. Tate and Baldwin are #2 WRs at best. Teams know this and they are playing one on one and stuffing the box and forcing Wilson to beat them. Saints don't have the front seven to do that, but Arizona did.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I'm not going to slam you I actually agree with you. I think Russell's accuracy until late, has masked the lack of separation from our wide receivers. I also think that's why Harvin returning is a big deal. He changes that. You have to account for him. I love Tate/Baldwin but they would be at their best with someone who draws the defense. So I disagree that we are like the 2011 Niners in that we have the Harvin element. Hopefully he plays. We can obviously win without him ie blowing out Az, probably should of won the second game against you guys in San Fran etc. but he is a difference maker.

BayAreafbfan

Reaction score
True. I don't think we will know until Friday if he's cleared. His hip looks to be holding up. Had some speed down the sideline before getting knocked out with the head injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts