The Seahawks could be a 14-2 wild card.

pmedic920

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1jpi7mv3 said:
Look at the bright side, that would mean we'd get an extra game of Seahawks football this season.

My SeaHawk blinders prevent me from seeing a bright side of finishing behind the 9ers in the div. I will die.
Stress kills ya know.

Dismas

Reaction score
Roland, you forgot to factyor in the week after syndrome.

The week after we visit the niners, they are guaranteed to lose whoever it is they play . . . therefore, even if we drop the ninner game, ninners end up with one more loss.

Problem solved

RiverDog

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":22i23kv6 said:
But seriously, the way the Vikes and Giants look, we'd better win both those games.

I still think Seattle and San Fran are 1-2 in the league, so a really good team is going to get hosed this year.

That was a horrible game. If Eli wasn't over throwing open receivers, they were dropping the ball when he did throw accurately. And I can sure see why Tampa Bay decided to part ways with Freeman. That guy couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. He's going to get eaten alive in our house.

A really good team got hosed last season, too.

themunn

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3eg7nmyn said:
The reason that the Strength of Victory is leaning toward SF is they have yet to play the Jags. After this weekend, that will change.

Our SoV will be the exact same over 14 games, with the other 2 games coming against Green Bay and Washington for SF, and New York & Carolina for us.

I think we can expect Green Bay will probably end up with more wins than our two opponents combined thanks to the ineptitude of the Giants.

BleedGreenNblue

Reaction score
By the time we return to candlestick we will have some extra weapons. I'm expecting some real class from niners fans upon our entry into the stadium

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The calculation above of equal record while interesting is powerful early to be made. Still lots of football to be played and Frank Gore has yet to suffer his annual ankle injury which if timed well enough should be troubling for the Digits. Too many variables still to consider this calculation more than a well thought out troubling concern what if situation.

I think I will pay more attention to the playoff positions after we seen 1/2 the season played or at least until the next home series is done. Then it wIll be more interesting to assess if the team is a wildcard or bye team heading into the playoffs. I still am totally of the belief this team could easily be the #1 seed and the playoffs will be going through Seattle this year. We need to keep the faith.

Time will tell but the next two divisional games for us are key for the year, especially the SF game.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":o6gp7hif said:
That would suck to have to play on the road wildcard weekend with a record of 14-2.
Truth.

I do get a vibe that us and the Niners have to play 3 times this year. Destiny. Which is fine, I like the way we match up with them, and there is zero chance a road game at the stick will be an early game.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
if we somehow go 14-2 we will have the number one seed and HFA throughout the playoffs. you can take that to the bank.

Always Fierce

Reaction score
The San Francisco 49ers exposed themselves as jokes after the blowout losses to Seattle and Indianapolis. They will struggle to get a wild card. Indianapolis lost to San Diego, who in turn lost to the Oakland Raiders.

Enough said.

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
Mitch on KJR appears to read this board and is spending about 20 minutes discussing this very topic. SEA and SF tied at 14-2.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Really sad when speculation about a remotely possible week 17 result is all Mitch can find to talk about when the team has an unprecedented 6-1 record.

Perhaps we need to focus upon the ride here, it is pretty freaking special for those of us who have seen the ugly for as long as we have. Not telling anyone what to think as it's a free world but the ride this year has been pretty special.

I'd rather speculate about the positive addition of Percy, and MRob and the soon to return Giacomini and Okung. I'm not buying that SF will have a 14-2 record at the end from what I've seen from them.

Time will tell but this ride is pretty freaking special and deserves to be relished and savoured as extraordinary.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
If you find it really sad, Jammer, that's fine; but please know that plenty of people can discuss potentially negative outcomes of things without being negative, thinking negatively, or having it take away from their enjoyment of the positive.

RiverDog

Reaction score
jammerhawk":35407wmt said:
The calculation above of equal record while interesting is powerful early to be made. Still lots of football to be played and Frank Gore has yet to suffer his annual ankle injury which if timed well enough should be troubling for the Digits. Too many variables still to consider this calculation more than a well thought out troubling concern what if situation.

I think I will pay more attention to the playoff positions after we seen 1/2 the season played or at least until the next home series is done. Then it wIll be more interesting to assess if the team is a wildcard or bye team heading into the playoffs. I still am totally of the belief this team could easily be the #1 seed and the playoffs will be going through Seattle this year. We need to keep the faith.

Time will tell but the next two divisional games for us are key for the year, especially the SF game.

The further away we are from Dec. 30th, the more whacky and outrageous the hundreds, if not thousands, of possible playoff scenarios look. The talking heads don't even start discussing it until after Thanksgiving weekend.

But looking at the schedule, there's no doubt that we are in very good shape, better than either the Saints or the Niners. We could easily lose two or even three more games and still be in a position to get HFA. And who knows? There's a number of other teams, like the Packers with just two losses or one of the other three teams with just three losses, that could go on a run and wind up with HFA.

Coxal

Reaction score
We are all talking about the 49ers but I can see the Packers going 13-3 and even 14-2. Except going @Dallas and @Chicago their remaining schedule is peanuts.

Chapow

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not even a teeny tiny bit worried about this scenario at this point. I just don't see the 9ers finishing the season on a 13 game winning streak including wins @ New Orleans and against us.

If we both win out until the rematch in SF and if SF wins that game, then I'll start to be concerned about this scenario playing out, but that's a ways away and a lot can happen in between now and then.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Coxal":37waluo1 said:
We are all talking about the 49ers but I can see the Packers going 13-3 and even 14-2. Except going @Dallas and @Chicago their remaining schedule is peanuts.

France where? And when did you get here? Green Bay is a threat, no doubt, but their receivers keep falling (now Finley).

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
bestfightstory":rojbahus said:
Coxal":rojbahus said:

France where? And when did you get here? Green Bay is a threat, no doubt, but their receivers keep falling (now Finley).

Even healthy, Green Bay still has the same problems it did last year with the exception that Lacy's providing some semblance of a run game. They're going to in the 11-5 region, IMO.