The Seahawks could be a 14-2 wild card.

kf3339

Reaction score
We have the Niners number. We are not losing to them again this year, and probably for the next few years. That is how I see it.

And yes we will win the division and have home field advantage for the playoffs. Book it.

mikeak

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":n6jl8akv said:
cacksman":n6jl8akv said:
Largent80":n6jl8akv said:
9ers also play @Wash. who may be getting things rolling.

Thank goodness we don't have to play on that sorry excuse for a field this year!
No kidding. Let's call Vegas and see what the over/under would be on a 49er tearing an ACL or MCL in that game.

It was redone for this year. Did I miss information about how poorly it was done?

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
mikeak":1ankwlu5 said:
It was redone for this year. Did I miss information about how poorly it was done?

It's redone every year. That field sees a lot of non-NFL action throughout the season (marching bands, local schools using it for this and that, etc.) and it's poorly maintained on an ongoing basis. Whether they are taking better care of it going forward starting this year is what the real question is.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The reason that the Strength of Victory is leaning toward SF is they have yet to play the Jags. After this weekend, that will change.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3saedj3x said:
Not going to happen. The Niners will drop a game or two along the way.

I agree, I see them dropping one of the road games to Washington or New Orleans.

While I admire a well thought out analysis such as this thread, long rang predictions rarely come to fruition in the NFL. Way too many things can happen over the course of a schedule.

Laloosh

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1gx3nrfr said:
The reason that the Strength of Victory is leaning toward SF is they have yet to play the Jags. After this weekend, that will change.

Again, iRo's point about the only two differing opponents left on either schedule applies.

Any change in their SoV from the Jags would have the same effect on ours.

Brahn

Reaction score
seahawks08":2yyxuxhh said:
I think 1 and 0 every week should make us not worry about anything else we cannot control. I think there are so many scenarios which will play out as we get there, but I think seahawks is peaking again, I just hope we continue to do so and win every game from hear on out.

We are fans... we cannot control any of it..... how about just putting down the hard hat and having a little fun?

We all get it, anything can happen during a season. We also understand talking about things Seahawk related is entertaining. Put those two together and you can openly talk without having to rely on "Post Game Cliques" .

Go Hawks!

Laloosh

Reaction score
Historically speaking, it's probably more likely that both teams lose a game or two that nobody is talking about right now but both teams are THAT talented. Could happen.

This year, I think we see between 4 and 6 teams with 13+ wins (SEA, SF, DEN, KC, GB, Indy). I lean toward 4 because two teams in the NFC North - which I think is the toughest division this year - play one another quite a bit (and they play a talented Lions team).

Other possible scenarios include splitting SF and NO (in either way). If NO manages to win just ONE of the games against SF or SEA and wins out, do they win #1 seed? We'd have the tie breaker over SF if they were the team we beat, but if not, we wind up being a wildcard as iRo just described.

I know there are a lot of "what if" scenarios but looking at SF and SEA schedules, it's entirely plausible.

5280Hawk

Reaction score
That also makes it super tough this year for other teams not winning their division. 11-5 might not get you a wildcard spot.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
So we root for the Giants to be the Redskins and the Vikings to beat the Packers. We pretty much root for the Vikings and Giants the rest of the way and root for the teams playing against the Packers and Redskins.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
cacksman":2v4sk99d said:
Definitely rooting for the Saints in that game vs. SF. While I don't think we lose in SF, I'll be able to stomach the #2 seed much more than the #5.
I'm feeling you on that one. Hey, was that you at Bill's Off Broadway last sat rooting for the Cougs and crowding me with all your flaccid Coug chubb? That sure sucked when the rec fell down in the end zone and let the other guy get the pick. I was actually rooting for the Cougs for a second there.

Rocket

Reaction score
I get this, it's a math problem.

Problem being that, because of your comments, there are those here who will equate you with the dude in 5 Monkeys who got on the plane at the end.

Be careful Bro, be careful. The Zombies are here, and they're awakening.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
San Francisco is likely to lose to New Orleans because it's in The Dome and it looks like RG3 is finally healthy so that game will be another very losable game beyond our tilt. So not likely they win out, more likely they go 12-4. Which is the worst we will go at this point.

C-Dub

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":1m1i8n6y said:
San Francisco is likely to lose to New Orleans because it's in The Dome and it looks like RG3 is finally healthy so that game will be another very losable game beyond our tilt. So not likely they win out, more likely they go 12-4. Which is the worst we will go at this point.
We could still end up as a wild card if the Whiners and Hawks end up with the same record and the Whiners beat us @SF. Whether it's 14-2 or 12-4...it could happen.

Need to take care of business!

Laloosh

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":2jpp6q0m said:

2012 Bears started 7-1 and finished 10-6.

Sure would be nice if the 2013 49ers would duplicate the back end of their season.