The "Reasons To Keep Marshawn" Thread

T-Hawk

Reaction score
Whatever happens I hope the team and Marshawn can be on good terms. The thought of him someday raising the 12th man flag for a playoff game while the Beastquake is being played on the big screen gives me chills.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
T-Hawk":qaswi92h said:
Whatever happens I hope the team and Marshawn can be on good terms. The thought of him someday raising the 12th man flag for a playoff game while the Beastquake is being played on the big screen gives me chills.

There's not a fan here that doesn't want to see Marshawn leave on good terms. I'd love to see him raise the 12th Man flag for a Playoff game.

T-Hawk

Reaction score
Oh I wasn't implying anyone wants that, I'm just worried it might happen.

OP
OP
timmat

timmat

Reaction score
I just hope he retires, because I really don't want to see this, or something like it....just ain't right.

CowboyLynch2

ivotuk

Reaction score
Marshawn Lynch gave up his body for this team, and this fanbase. He was instrumental in getting us our first SuperB Owl.

I want to see him in the hall of fame. 1 more year should do it.

And I don't forget the little things he has done for his teammates, and this team. After we traded for him from Buffalo and his contract was running out, there was zero prospect of him signing with another team. While negotiations were still going on, he bought a "Seahawks" grill which told me he knew where he wanted to be.

He's brought a lot of attention and notoriety to this team, and his giving his all taught the young players that are now leaders on this team, how to play.

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
I think the Hawks have a better understanding:

PLEASE TAKE A MINUTE AND READ THIS!

"He's got the biggest heart in the world. Nobody knows it, which is frustrating to us He really couldn't care if anybody else knew outside of this locker room."
-Richard Sherman
"We're from the same area, talked the same, listen to the same music and became friends, He's always there for his brothers, humble and philanthropic."
-Cooper Helfet
"For Marshawn to get banged for not wanting to talk to the media is the stupidest thing ever,He's completely different from what people make him out to be. He makes it to everybody's charity event, imposes his will on defenses."
-Cliff Avril
"People who criticize him don't see him returning that wallet or paying people's bills, They only see his dreads, gold teeth and loud music. He's about encouraging kids to have a better life."
-Ricardo Lockette
"He has a lot to say and he has a lot to say in his silence, too, He's telling you a lot. He's a very private person, but an extraordinarily engaging guy when he's in comfortable settings. He's dedicated to helping others and later in life wants to continue helping kids. He's extraordinarily loyal. His teammates love and admire him for making the stands he does. We'd love to have him back."
-Pete Carroll
"Everybody just assumes we don't want him back,"The thing about our team, since the media can't get a lot of sound bites, since they can't get a guy to say what they want, they just make it up. They'll say 'Sources said,' and they'll make up stories. They'll make up somebody in the locker room said, 'Russell Wilson wasn't black enough.' Nobody said that. You can never find a player that said it. Because nobody ever said it.They'll say, 'Marshawn Lynch doesn't want to be back.' And then he goes out and has the second-best year of his career."
-Richard Sherman

Marshawn Lynch lavishes offensive linemen with $5,000 watches or brand-name luggage as thank-yous for helping to make his job easier. On Saturdays, he flies inner-city kids from his Oakland, Calif., hometown to Seahawks practice, then takes them inside the locker room hoping to steer them from the streets.

"Marshawn sees himself in those kids,He doesn't do it for attention. He's just in it for the joy."
-Richard Sherman
"

hawkfan68

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":lwnrj5uw said:
el capitan":lwnrj5uw said:
At this point in time I don't think it's good for him to be on the team, from what it appears when he's around the players are divided between him and Wilson. There's been reports of this dating back to when he almost didn't get on the plane to St Louis last year after PCJS traded Harvin. Notice how much better the whole team played, especially the offense, when Marshawn went California to rehab after his operation. And as soon as he returns to the team we revert back to the shitty team that started the season 2-4. I honestly think him being here is actually detrimental to the team right now.

Yes, he was pretty 'detrimental' while throwing some damn nice blocks for Russ during the second-half comeback. Inexcusable that he didn't do more with the 6 whole carries after we went in the hole 14pts in a span of 5 minutes.

Bingo. The only folks who are against him or don't like him is the media. I think the reports he's detrimental to the team and a bad teammate are over exaggerated. No teammate has come out and said anything negative about him. It's the media stirring the pot against him. He's different...that hasn't been an issue for PC/JS. If it was, they would have resolved it long time ago.

chris98251

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":r4qn68ru said:
There is NO logical reason to bring him back. NONE.

He was paid about 4 times what he was worth to us this year.
He will be really expensive next year.
He is now old for a RB.

To the person/people saying he will have fresh legs, there are RBs who haven't taken a hit in several years and have fresh legs, that doesn't mean they can still play at a high level.

He doesn't go along with the program. He does his own thing and anyone who has ever worked with someone who just does their own thing will probably agree that it causes problems.

We played poorly when he was healthy, played great when he was hurt, and then played poorly again when he came back.

When you add everything up, Lynch in 2016 is more likely to look like the 2015 Lynch than the Lynch of previous years, with a big salary and cap hit and difficult personality to work with.

Looking at Pot calling Kettle Black from a Viking Fan, Harvin Hater, Graham Hater, Lynch Hater.

You want someone that follows the pack, never makes waves settles for the status quo then your looking at mediocre. You think Wilson doesn't do things his own way, or Baldwin, or Brady, I can go on. Lynch has never did anything to reflect negative in the team that was illegal, his team mates praise him for what he brings as a team mate.

He has earned the right to recover from his injury, Pete has said he wasn't 100 percent going into that game as well.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
ivotuk":3m2xg0x0 said:
Marshawn Lynch gave up his body for this team, and this fanbase. He was instrumental in getting us our first SuperB Owl.

And I don't forget the little things he has done for his teammates, and this team. After we traded for him from Buffalo and his contract was running out, there was zero prospect of him signing with another team. While negotiations were still going on, he bought a "Seahawks" grill which told me he knew where he wanted to be.

He's brought a lot of attention and notoriety to this team, and his giving his all taught the young players that are now leaders on this team, how to play.

This is why I say if he wants to come back and the FO can agree on money that they are both happy with, he should come back. He is a good teammate and still can play. Even in a supporting role he could be very productive.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Unless Marshawn decided to play for ridiculously cheap (which he won't). There is no reason to bring him back.

Rob12

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":1vjmz1wq said:
Not enough information currently exists to make this determination. We don't know that he's done. He had a rough year, but we don't know that he's done. Maybe he takes a big pay cut to play one more year, and will continue to mentor Rawls while helping this team win another SB before he hangs it up?

He is now old for a RB.

I'm not holding it against him that he got hurt. He got hurt as a result of wrecking his body for his team. And again, you don't know that he'll be really expensive next year. I highly doubt the Seahawks bring him back on an $11.5M cap hit. But if he wants to make one run, and take less money, why not? And he is getting up there in age, but that doesn't mean that he's done.

To the person/people saying he will have fresh legs, there are RBs who haven't taken a hit in several years and have fresh legs, that doesn't mean they can still play at a high level.
Not sure I am following you here. I'd be willing to bet that 99 percent of those running backs haven't come close to sniffing the success of Marshawn Lynch. Apples and oranges.

He doesn't go along with the program. He does his own thing and anyone who has ever worked with someone who just does their own thing will probably agree that it causes problems.

What does this even mean? What is it that the Seahawks have asked him to do that you think he's fought them on? He didn't throw anyone under the bus after last year's SB. He took the high road, saying that they lost as a TEAM. You're speculating, based on what the media "reports" on. Give some examples on how he "doesn't go with the program." Would the Seahawks really have given him the contract he is currently in if he didn't go with the program? This makes no sense.

We played poorly when he was healthy, played great when he was hurt, and then played poorly again when he came back.
You're definitely a "what have you done for me lately" type fan. The WHOLE team struggled when Marshawn was "healthy." And he never was, by the way. Russ struggled. The offensive line struggled. The defense got absolutely destroyed when they played good QB's early on. So you basically lay most of the early struggles on Marshawn Lynch. Brilliant.

Torc

Reaction score
Marshawn talked about retiring after we won the SB, and it seems like the only thing that kept him from it was the team waving a lot of Paul Allen dollars under his nose. That was even more apparent at the end of last year. He had all of the leverage - he was at his peak, and there was no solid hope of a replacement even close to his level.

Now, he has zero leverage. His body appears to not be able to sustain the pounding, and the Seahawks have a promising replacement in Rawls. (I don't see a broken bone as "injury-prone". The guys that get hit repeatedly with that label seem to have issues with hamstrings and ACLs, and other soft-tissue injuries. That's not Rawls.)

In a perfect world, Lynch would announce that he's done destroying his body for the game, and retires as a Seahawk with his name immediately added to the Ring of Honor. I would hate to see the Seahawks having to release him and be accused of disrespecting him, which they certainly do not. But there's no way his performance will be worth the cap hit. I would be shocked if he accepted any kind of pay cut to continue to play. If he does continue to play, I think it'll be after being released for cap reasons, and then using that as motivation to prove Seahawks brass wrong.

Rob12

Reaction score
Torc":3h72huq1 said:
Marshawn talked about retiring after we won the SB, and it seems like the only thing that kept him from it was the team waving a lot of Paul Allen dollars under his nose. That was even more apparent at the end of last year. He had all of the leverage - he was at his peak, and there was no solid hope of a replacement even close to his level.

Now, he has zero leverage. His body appears to not be able to sustain the pounding, and the Seahawks have a promising replacement in Rawls. (I don't see a broken bone as "injury-prone". The guys that get hit repeatedly with that label seem to have issues with hamstrings and ACLs, and other soft-tissue injuries. That's not Rawls.)

In a perfect world, Lynch would announce that he's done destroying his body for the game, and retires as a Seahawk with his name immediately added to the Ring of Honor. I would hate to see the Seahawks having to release him and be accused of disrespecting him, which they certainly do not. But there's no way his performance will be worth the cap hit. I would be shocked if he accepted any kind of pay cut to continue to play. If he does continue to play, I think it'll be after being released for cap reasons, and then using that as motivation to prove Seahawks brass wrong.

Perfect. He's absolutely not worth the $11.5M cap hit. But he deserves to be honored in a big way.

And I'm still not against bringing him back if we can shave off about 75 percent off his salary in a restructure. But I doubt that happens.

rcaido

Reaction score
Here are my reasons to keep Marshawn.

He still has 2-3 more years, look what happen Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals kept him despite a down year & he was freaken amazing this year. Defense are afraid of him; he intimidates. I think giving him the respect by keeping his contract will mean a lot to Marshawn. This would give good morale to a very sensitive prideful team.

We took a chance on garbage Williams for 7 million, why not Lynch for 6.5. Plus i cant imagine him going to the Cardinals or Cowboys or worse the Patriots/Stealers.

My wish is that Lynch just retires but if he doesn't give him one year.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
rcaido":3gy9ay8d said:
We took a chance on garbage Williams for 7 million, why not Lynch for 6.5. Plus i cant imagine him going to the Cardinals or Cowboys or worse the Patriots/Stealers..

What makes you think he'd accept half of what he made this year?

Each of the last two years we've had to give him more money to stay, so I highly doubt Lynch is interested in coming back on a one year deal for half of his 2015 salary. Not when he's the kind of back a team with a lot of cap space would be happy to take a chance on a 1-2 year deal for 10M+ a year to see if he can still play.

Lynch doesn't have a sentimental bone in his body, he ain't coming back for the kind of deal we'd need him to come back for in order to make it work...........and frankly I think Pete and John are tired of dealing with his nonsense.

rcaido

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":28z08gb9 said:
rcaido":28z08gb9 said:
We took a chance on garbage Williams for 7 million, why not Lynch for 6.5. Plus i cant imagine him going to the Cardinals or Cowboys or worse the Patriots/Stealers..

What makes you think he'd accept half of what he made this year?

Each of the last two years we've had to give him more money to stay, so I highly doubt Lynch is interested in coming back on a one year deal for half of his 2015 salary. Not when he's the kind of back a team with a lot of cap space would be happy to take a chance on a 1-2 year deal for 10M+ a year to see if he can still play.

Lynch doesn't have a sentimental bone in his body, he ain't coming back for the kind of deal we'd need him to come back for in order to make it work...........and frankly I think Pete and John are tired of dealing with his nonsense.

Dont really know much about salary cap and stuff but I thought if we cut him we still owe 5million no matter what...So we are paying an extra 6.5 if we keep him.

Also that's a lot of assumption on what you're saying about Lynch.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Rob12":2jgxpz36 said:
bjornanderson21":2jgxpz36 said:
Not enough information currently exists to make this determination. We don't know that he's done. He had a rough year, but we don't know that he's done. Maybe he takes a big pay cut to play one more year, and will continue to mentor Rawls while helping this team win another SB before he hangs it up?

He is now old for a RB.

I'm not holding it against him that he got hurt. He got hurt as a result of wrecking his body for his team. And again, you don't know that he'll be really expensive next year. I highly doubt the Seahawks bring him back on an $11.5M cap hit. But if he wants to make one run, and take less money, why not? And he is getting up there in age, but that doesn't mean that he's done.

Not sure I am following you here. I'd be willing to bet that 99 percent of those running backs haven't come close to sniffing the success of Marshawn Lynch. Apples and oranges.

What does this even mean? What is it that the Seahawks have asked him to do that you think he's fought them on? He didn't throw anyone under the bus after last year's SB. He took the high road, saying that they lost as a TEAM. You're speculating, based on what the media "reports" on. Give some examples on how he "doesn't go with the program." Would the Seahawks really have given him the contract he is currently in if he didn't go with the program? This makes no sense.

You're definitely a "what have you done for me lately" type fan. The WHOLE team struggled when Marshawn was "healthy." And he never was, by the way. Russ struggled. The offensive line struggled. The defense got absolutely destroyed when they played good QB's early on. So you basically lay most of the early struggles on Marshawn Lynch. Brilliant.

EVERY SPORTS LEAGUE IN THE WORLD IS A "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME LATELY" LEAGUE!!!

No team gets credit for having players that used to be productive.

Either you STILL produce, or you don't.

The NFL rewards teams that move on, and punishes those who hold on too long.

I forget who said it (BB of Patriots?) And im paraphrasing, but "Id rather get rid of a player a year too early than hold onto him a year too long"

Belichick would cut Lynch loose, and so would i.

PS. When the hawks DO NOT bring Lynch back are you going to criticize Pete for being a "what have you done for me lately" Head Coach?

Are you going to criticize Schneider for being a WHYDFML GM?

Seymour

Reaction score
ivotuk":6p9c0ypp said:

Ya, he did it all for the fans....gave up his body to the 12's.
He made more $$ in 1 year than anyone here will make in a lifetime. Do you suppose he played for that too?

Screw the HOF, what is he going to have MRob give his speech for him there too? That move flat out hurts this team another year. Enough is enough. Thanks for the memories, but goodbye Marshawn.

idahawks

Reaction score
hawkfan51":3k380n25 said:
This may sound simplistic and naive in NFL terms BUT how about the fact that the Seattle Seahawks and Marshawn Lynch agreed and signed a two year contract for him to play football. In most any other "contractual situations" one party or the other cannot just tear it up and pretend it never existed. I understand there may be other terms in there contract but how about both sides just honoring the "main" reason there was a contract in the first place and that is for BEASTMODE to play football for the Seattle Seahawks till the contract expires? I for one would hate to see ML no longer be a Seahawk !
GO HAWKS !!

The hawks can't tear up the contract and pretend it never existed, they can fire him at which point in time they are still on the hook for "guaranteed money" so he would get his guaranteed money. This is all part of the contract, they can cut him at anytime and only be contractually obligated to pay guaranteed money. He can quit at any time in which case does not get his guaranteed money, and cannot play for another team. This is all spelled out in the contract as is part of the contract.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
A lot of people seem ready to anoint Rawls the next coming after half a year of football. I hope Rawls is awesome but there are plenty of RBs who have come into the NFL like gangbusters and fizzled out after early success.

William Green, Caddy Williams, Trent Richardson, Kevin Smith, Steve Slaton, Knowshon Moreno, Zac Stacy, Andre Ellington...you get the point.

Is there reason to be excited. Of course. But many are so quick to use a small sample size as evidence that the RB position has been solved.

Latest posts