The officiating assignment sweat is on...

OP
OP
MidwestHawker

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Clete Blakeman looks familiar but I don't really remember him, which is probably a sign that he's a solid official.

Polaris

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":1jac2yy1 said:
Clete Blakeman looks familiar but I don't really remember him, which is probably a sign that he's a solid official.

That's my take on it. The best officials are the ones you don't remember or notice.

OP
OP
MidwestHawker

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Apparently Blakeman officiated our games against the Dolphins and Patriots last year. That means that he was responsible for one truly hideous roughing call against Miami that wiped out a red zone interception in the 4th, but it seemed like the officiating against the Pats was good.

Honestly, if we're going to draw someone who is going to make touchy roughing calls, it might benefit us given the way SF was taking shots at Russell in week two.

Polaris

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":dfkrrtce said:
Apparently Blakeman officiated our games against the Dolphins and Patriots last year. That means that he was responsible for one truly hideous roughing call against Miami that wiped out a red zone interception in the 4th, but it seemed like the officiating against the Pats was good.

Honestly, if we're going to draw someone who is going to make touchy roughing calls, it might benefit us given the way SF was taking shots at Russell in week two.

Compared to the alternatives, I'll take it.....

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'd take Triplette over Carey.

Carey just has a hard on for us, and always has.

muxpux

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1iyflao7 said:
BTW, both Carey and Leavy have very strong personal ties to Northern California.

Leavy is from Santa Barbera. not exactly Northern California

DavidSeven

Reaction score
muxpux":31tqjqmi said:
DavidSeven":31tqjqmi said:
BTW, both Carey and Leavy have very strong personal ties to Northern California.

Leavy is from Santa Barbera. not exactly Northern California

I live in CA and am familiar with the geography.

From Leavy's Wiki:

Leavy is a 1965 graduate of Santa Barbara High School in Santa Barbara, California and a 1970 graduate of San Jose State University in San Jose, California where he earned a degree in law enforcement. Just before earning his degree, he joined the San Jose Police Department in September 1969.

As a member of the San Jose Police Athletic League (PAL), he was introduced to football officiating by a fellow PAL officer, who was a high school football official. Between the 1970s and 1984, Leavy worked several all-star, playoff, championship games at the high school and junior college levels.

Bill lives in San Jose, California.

San Jose is just outside San Francisco and right next to Santa Clara (49ers new home).

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I HATE Clete. Dammit. I can't remember why exactly but I remember that I decided at some point that you could never trust a man named Clete after watching him work one of our games.

Oh who am I kidding, I hate all refs.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Largent80":1ifvng9t said:
Biggest matchup of this week and no confirmation?

Hmmmmmm...Well whoever it is, we need to beat him and the 9ers.
Exactly. We have to clearly stomp our competition. How ever the refs call the game, it wont effect the outcome.

salamander

Reaction score
Clete is the one who picked up the flag on the last second PI on Gronk against Carolina a few weeks ago.