The Official Travel to NJ and NYC information thread

Hawk096

Reaction score
I probably should have posted the topic I created in here, sorry about that. I am actually coming down Monday night for the Media Day Tuesday and staying in North Bergen. Hoping to meet up with some fellow 12s, but sadly I'm only there one night and have to leave right after the Media Day events for work on Wednesday. I did work in NJ in May so I'm pretty comfortable with the areas, but hoping to meet up with some Hawk fans down there! Go Hawks!

RockHawk

Reaction score
Siihawk":2zmqc1cc said:
We are flying out to NJ on Thursday and staying with friends. Plans so far are:
Friday:12th man Rally in Central Park
Sat: Super Bowl Blvd and activity. Prob wing by Carlo East again for beers.
Sun: Find a place to prefunk for the game. Mynorthwest.com suggests Rockafella (1 mi from the stadium) as a 12th Man Friendly Bar and then head into the game. Go Hawks!

Do you have any other info about the Central Park thing? Is it an official gathering of some kind?

jman316

Reaction score
RockHawk":1b1ucely said:
Do you have any other info about the Central Park thing? Is it an official gathering of some kind?

Ditto! What time are 12s going to convene?

Man, this is going to be so much better than Detroit!!

seahawksny

Reaction score
jman316":ezt9bnbv said:
RockHawk":ezt9bnbv said:

Sounds awesome.. Let me know details. And please start a thread announcing time/place

Schleprock

Reaction score
TalontedNoseRider":32wd1brw said:
RockHawk":32wd1brw said:
We need to figure out a Friday night activity for those of us that will be in town. Options?!?!

I concur.

Me and Mrs. Nose Rollin out Thursday--definitely down for Friday shenanigans--love to see the Carlow East but down for whatevs.

I'm hitting the directv beach bowl on Saturday, then the Jay-Z concert in the evening. That said, anyone else going (or been to) one of these beach bowl parties?

You're a man of your word.
Go represent, my brotha!!

I expect to see a shot of you (and the Mrs) when we need a clutch shot of some truth.

Do me a favor and call me, on your way in. I just wanna hear you say, "I'm walking in there. And we're about to make it ours." I doubt I'll be 'receivable' but, can you do that for me, mate? Feel free to pound my poor ass for not being there when you do that. But to have a DUDE there in the house... that'll matter to me. Make it legit when you walk underneath.

Did you really get Row #12?!

Schleprock

Reaction score
TalontedNoseRider":39er3us7 said:
Great post--much appreciated.

Mods this is useful info...why the hell isn't this stickied?

I know going to the Super Bowl isn't half as cool as the frickin' swinging doors in Spokane, but c'mon!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!

Classic.

TalontedNoseRider

Reaction score
Schleprock":3a96d5pa said:
TalontedNoseRider":3a96d5pa said:
RockHawk":3a96d5pa said:
We need to figure out a Friday night activity for those of us that will be in town. Options?!?!

I concur.

Me and Mrs. Nose Rollin out Thursday--definitely down for Friday shenanigans--love to see the Carlow East but down for whatevs.

I'm hitting the directv beach bowl on Saturday, then the Jay-Z concert in the evening. That said, anyone else going (or been to) one of these beach bowl parties?

I expect to see a shot of you (and the Mrs) when we need a clutch shot of some truth.

Do me a favor and call me, on your way in. I just wanna hear you say, "I'm walking in there. And we're about to make it ours." I doubt I'll be 'receivable' but, can you do that for me, mate? Feel free to pound my poor ass for not being there when you do that. But to have a DUDE there in the house... that'll matter to me. Make it legit when you walk underneath.

Row 12 indeed! I'll definitely give you a shout on game day brother.

RockHawk

Reaction score
Schleprock":3ulav4qw said:
TalontedNoseRider":3ulav4qw said:
RockHawk":3ulav4qw said:

I concur.

Not sure if I'm more excited for the Super Bowl, or for seeing Schleprock post again.....

OP
OP
NJSeahawk

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
RockHawk":2e95i5jt said:
Schleprock":2e95i5jt said:
TalontedNoseRider":2e95i5jt said:
RockHawk":2e95i5jt said:

I concur.

Not sure if I'm more excited for the Super Bowl, or for seeing Schleprock post again.....

Slow clap gif

seadoc

Reaction score
I need to live vicariously through you, so thought I'd share some of my info:
If you have capital one or a similar miles program, search through their travel booking page. I found a trip home from EWR - SEA (it's 19 hours and various stops, but still) for $276.

If you have a miles partner program w/ an airlines, don't forget to check there too, you might be surprised.

My hopes of going are all but toast. I am no expert, but I wouldn't be shocked at all if prices hit $1000 min.

Siihawk

Reaction score
seahawksny":2rtpjziy said:
jman316":2rtpjziy said:
RockHawk":2rtpjziy said:

Sounds awesome.. Let me know details. And please start a thread announcing time/place
Im trying to gether details on this. My friends in NJ heard about it and as soon as I get the facts I will let you all know!

nsport

Reaction score
Hey if anyone is interested, I have a reserved room in NJ that I am about to cancel - if you'd rather have it then I can probably set that up. Here's the location: https://goo.gl/maps/rvA5U

Hawkee

Reaction score
For those visiting New York City, the NFL has set up shop on Macy's 4th floor. Please note that there is a customization department but they will not put the Super Bowl logo on the white jerseys.

Siihawk

Reaction score
We are planning on Rockafella since there arent many other options. $25 cover and they are only letting 12s in. Also if you wanted to go to Carlow East, you cant. They are saying it will be so busy they are ONLY letting locals in. What a let down.

Siihawk

Reaction score
Drinking just got tougher. According to Rockafella's FB page, they will only be open noon to 3 and then reopen at 5 for the viewing party.
*EDIT* If you prepurchase the $25 ticket you will be permitted to stay the entire day. Only those without tickets will have to leave between 3 and 5pm.

wolfpost

Reaction score
Hey all and welcome to NYC. One thing I was going to say is that you have no idea how many bars and restaurants are in midtown alone. Before I read that Carlow east was going to be closed to out of towners, I was going to suggest that you not get stuck on any one bar to go to. There will be plenty of Seahawk fans I am sure wherever you go. Of course their probably will be more Denver fans becuase Payton's Eli's brother but thats to be expected. You should meet up somewhere central then decide where to go. Your problem will be more of choosing a bar then finding one. Also, once your in midtown, as long as the weather is nice and you don't mind walking, that can be a fun way to explore the immediate area. In general, the bars and restaurants should be cheaper on the west side of Central Park then the East if you travel that far north. West side is more grundgy. East side is more High class. If feeling adventurous, Little Italy, China Town, The Village, Soho and all the districts down there have excellent food too and "might" be cheaper than midtown.

Heres a link to some cool district maps you might like.

https://www.google.com/search?q=manhatt ... 98&bih=616

Oh, someone mentioned Hoboken. Excellent bar town with cheaper prices than Manhattan. My softball team often made the trip from Long Island just to hang out there in the summer.

Hope you enjoy. :)

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
Hawkee":qe1cpsf0 said:
For those visiting New York City, the NFL has set up shop on Macy's 4th floor. Please note that there is a customization department but they will not put the Super Bowl logo on the white jerseys.

sorry if this sounds like a dumb question, why not?

Incubus

Reaction score
SiiHawk....

Is Carlow East only allowing locals on Super Bowl Sunday.....or is that their policy all weekend long?

We were planning to visit probably Saturday evening sometime.

Thanks in advance.