The Official Travel to NJ and NYC information thread

Incubus

Reaction score
I am definitely up for getting together for a rally/pregame/night before type activity!

The only day/nights we have open would either be Saturday night, Sunday before the game, or Monday anytime.

We were kind of planning on Carlow East on Saturday evening. It would be nice to have a backup plan in case it's packed!

Our hotel is right by Bryant Park and Superbowl Boulevard...so that could work too.

Lots going on!! Who wants to ride the toboggan!!

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/48/events/boulevard

JustTheTip

Reaction score

Interceptor

Reaction score
Riley12":2ljbn7mm said:
I'm bringing my children (19 and 16) with me to NYC and the game, but plan on a Saturday afternoon visit to Carlow East just to see the place.

It's not too big of a place and no kitchen. Nice if you are there to grab a drink. There are other bars around 2nd Ave. One I frequent is Jack Russell's http://www.menupages.com/restaurants/jack-russells/menu 2nd Ave bet. 82nd & 83rd ST. It's bigger and has cheap eats. If you are lucky enough to get a booth, it has it's own TV screen (and remote if you request it). If you are in the midtown area, then may I suggest Dalton's on 43rd ST & 9th Ave. http://www.menupages.com/restaurants/daltons/menu. It's a couple of long blocks away from Times Square. They have five main 40" screens going the length of the bar and more screens throughout. A little more pricey but you get a good view. If you are visiting Super Bowl Boulevard, I highly suggest the "restaurant boulevard" of 9th Ave from 42nd ST to 57th ST. It is very ethnically diverse in food and at least a restaurant on every block.

Go north of SB Blvd and follow Broadway up, you will come upon Columbus Circle at 58th ST, Lincoln Center at 62nd ST, and 10 blocks up is Gray's Papaya hot dog stand (You've Got Mail, The Warriors).

Whatever you decide to do, I hope your visit to New York City is a pleasant one.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
First time post, long time lurker.

I'll be flying down from YYZ with my BIL from Vancouver - two long time hawks fans (i grew up in vancouver went to many games at the king dome with my dad...). Staying in midtown Sat and Sun. No tix yet, playing the waiting game since flying on points etc. and don't have to commit until 24 hours before. Same with hotel....[thankfully good corporate rates and can cancel day before]

Prices for tix coming down nicely.

Also, made tenative resvations at http://www.feilenyc.com/ in case we go down but tix don't go down to our budget level.

As an FYI to others, they are taking reservations but they must be filled at least one hour prior to kick off or we won’t guarantee the table. Thought I would let you know so those can email the restauarnt if you are in the same situation as us.

Certainly interested in any meet up on Saturday night....if I am not still playing the ticket game.

5280Hawk

Reaction score
My Brother and I will be there Friday evening, and we want to try to get together too. Someone please recommend a place for friday night!! We're staying at the Milford Near Times Square. I think we'll try Carlow East Saturday night!

Were catching the Fan Bus to NJ at 1:30 on Sunday, so we'll see whats up!

Lets Hang 12's!

PhillySeahawk

Reaction score
Contemplating taking a ride up from South Jersey if I can get a ticket last minute, assuming the prices drop. I'd be interested in meeting up with fellow Seahawks fans somewhere on the Jersey side beforehand.

Subzero717

Reaction score
I will be there too!!!!!!! I'm down for meet UPS Fri or Saturday night. Hit me up as I know nothing more than what's here now but I know some peeps that know some peeps. Also another idea but not sure how to get the exact information is to track Sherms mom. She typically makes the road games and there is usually a prefunk festivity wherever he beautiful smile shows up.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
Carlow east seems a little north. Suspect most might be in midtown? Don't get me wrong, grabbing some paya king or a bugler from shake shack might make the trip up worth up....

Interceptor

Reaction score
YYZHawksFan":25myuwr9 said:
Carlow east seems a little north. Suspect most might be in midtown? Don't get me wrong, grabbing some paya king or a bugler from shake shack might make the trip up worth up....

There is a Shake Shack on 8th Ave & 44th - just one block south of the Milford Plaza Hotel and a few blocks away from Times Square. Like I said, 9th Avenue 42nd ST and up is your best bet for the bars. The cheapest is Rudy's (between 44th & 45th on 9th Ave - you can't miss it, it's the one with the pig outside). It's a dive bar with cheap beer, but the hotdogs are free!

TalontedNoseRider

Reaction score
RockHawk":30o0s0oq said:
We need to figure out a Friday night activity for those of us that will be in town. Options?!?!

I concur.

Me and Mrs. Nose Rollin out Thursday--definitely down for Friday shenanigans--love to see the Carlow East but down for whatevs.

I'm hitting the directv beach bowl on Saturday, then the Jay-Z concert in the evening. That said, anyone else going (or been to) one of these beach bowl parties?

5280Hawk

Reaction score
Interceptor":2338gblf said:
YYZHawksFan":2338gblf said:

There is a Shake Shack on 8th Ave & 44th - just one block south of the Milford Plaza Hotel and a few blocks away from Times Square. Like I said, 9th Avenue 42nd ST and up is your best bet for the bars. The cheapest is Rudy's (between 44th & 45th on 9th Ave - you can't miss it, it's the one with the pig outside). It's a dive bar with cheap beer, but the hotdogs are free!

This would be awesome! We're at the Milford, so we will check out Rudy's Friday night!

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
A tip for those that might not have booked flights yet.

Do not discount flying from Vancouver, BC to JFK on Cathay Pacific. They fly non stop and right now, are the CHEAPEST to NYC at CAD$585, leaving on Friday and coming back on Monday.

seahawks08

Reaction score
I just booked my air tickets to JFK reaching Friday night and leaving Monday afternoon from Seattle. Now I need to know where people plan to meet or so, so that I can book my hotel somewhere around or at least in the train line. Can anyone from New York please advice a nice .NET get together Friday night please or even Saturday. That will be a great lead for many of us who don't know the place very well.

rbakker

Reaction score
Howdy! Thanks for the NY information.

I'll be staying in NYC and on Game Day I intend to use my 7-day Metrocard to get to Penn St (Trains: A,B,C,1,2,3)
There I'll buy the $7.50 return to Meadowlands and take any of the trains heading for Jersey as they all stop at Secaucus,
which is the first stop, and there I'll switch to the Meadowlands Train, which just has one stop. Have I got any of this wrong?

I have a question: can I buy that return to Meadowlands at Penn St the day before? I don't want to get stuck in a huge line if I can avoid it.

The restrictions on what you can bring to the stadium are amazing. Best not to bring anything at all.

OP
OP
NJSeahawk

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
7 day metrocard ? Are you going to be in town for a week? if so, nevermind.

Just to let people know, you can buy per trip or a set amount of money on Metrocard. If you plan on doing a lot of sightseeing, you can also buy a one day unlimited mta card- There are also weekly unlimited cards I believe. Rbakker it sounds like you do have it right. Yes you can buy a return ticket at anytime , at Penn St- Good idea btw

rbakker

Reaction score
Hi NJ,

Yes, I'll be in town for a week. The 7-day metrocard is $31, I believe.
Thanks for the confirmation, I shall try to get the Penn St ticket the day before. I read somewhere
else that it was $10.50 return but whatever.

In case anyone is wondering, this guy has it wrong - there is no 351 Meadowlands Express Bus on Super Bowl Sunday:
http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2014 ... -the-game/

cheers
Rick

Siihawk

Reaction score
We are flying out to NJ on Thursday and staying with friends. Plans so far are:
Friday:12th man Rally in Central Park
Sat: Super Bowl Blvd and activity. Prob wing by Carlo East again for beers.
Sun: Find a place to prefunk for the game. Mynorthwest.com suggests Rockafella (1 mi from the stadium) as a 12th Man Friendly Bar and then head into the game. Go Hawks!