The Official 49ers Respect Thread

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Amazing, instant classic game.

That said the 49ers can eat my poo, I hope Iupati and Bowman have multiple setbacks and its affects them next year. :/

Babsmack

Reaction score
I'm just glad it was a game that boiled down to the last 30 seconds. As it should have been.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Papaki had a hell of a game. He really did his best to get the ball down field any way he could in a place that he has struggled badly. I know I make fun of him but I like his game and believe that he and Wilson both will grow more as they continue to win games in bunches for their teams.

I was surprised that he went at Sherman. He made some late mistakes and frankly is very lucky that the avalanche didn't kill them with the strip fumbles. Until then, he had been very solid and made some great throws. I have separated the Niners team from their fans at this point. Crabtree talking and Boldin's garbage in the playoffs? I just consider it a wash. We have our own talkers and both groups have all the game in the world to talk smack. The Niners are a damn good team no matter what the fans are like and their coach.

I respect Crabtree for getting back healthy when he did and balling in the playoffs. Talking between Seattle and SF is just going to be a deal.

chris98251

Reaction score
Gratz to the 49ers for a great season and a great game. Pity that two of your players got hurt, best wishes for Bowman and his recovery back to 100 percent, one of the ugliest injuries I have seen.

Hope we see each other next year when it all matters, you keep us at the top of our game!

hoxrox

Reaction score
They had a good run and fought hard. I can respect players like Willis, who said he hopes we represent the NFC well in the SB.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
This was a classic game. This is what football is supposed to look like. You could only see a game like this if it was between two outstanding teams with great coaching.

I don't like them, but I thank them for this game. I'll remember it forever for all the right reasons.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
There just isn't any shame in losing a game like that. Someone had to win and we are lucky that it was us. For the mistakes that Kap made late in the game, the guy was personally responsible for getting the Niners in a position to win that game. He just got the job done early and gashed the Hawks unlike any other QB could on the ground.

I saw a different CK in that game for sure. Obviously riding that wave of success he was having in that tremendous run in the playoffs. They reminded me of last year's Hawks in that like the Hawks they caught fire and went on a great run. We were 30 seconds away from having this same game in SF last year, while the team was playing like a well oiled machine.

The Niners are going to be right back in the mix, just like they have been. I genuinely would hate it if Bowman has issues getting back on the field. That guy is an incredible player and I have to admit that he has taken PWillys spot as the best LBer in the league. Man that was a hell of a game. I am OK with the jacked fumble call in that it ended up being a better deal for SF on the next play. If the Hawks got a TD on that I might have felt a little dirty about it. But Bowman was a man and held on to the ball. Amazing. Get well Mr. Bowman.

Inspector

Reaction score
Much as I hate the 9ers, it came down to one play. You throw it Sherms way and this is what you get. One mistake, game lost.

Kaep throws the ball anywhere else and they have every chance of winning by 1 point.

They played a very tough game and very well could be on the way to the big game. One mistake.....

Vb9er

Reaction score
Just want to say thanks to the Hawk fans for showing respect and not kicking us when we are down. Both teams fought hard and the game lived up to its hype. Thank god you guys did not punch it in after that blown fumble recovery cause we all would prob be singing a different tune today and the media would be having a field day. Truth be told the better team won and deserves to represent the NFC. I cant root for you guys and I still cant stand the hawks but the games between us should be epic for years to come.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Every 49ers fan I bumped into I just told them their team played a hell of a game and was a most worthy opponent. I wasn't going to pile it on. They were getting enough grief from other Hawks fans coming out of the stadium.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
I knew it would be a knock down, drag out fight and it was as advertised. I feel very lucky that we weren't left bloodied and battered by it. Best wishes to Iupati and Bowman as they recover. Both caught up in a pile and one of those tough things to see happen.

49ers have a lot to look forward to next year and I wish you the best in your search for the wild card.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
I personally will no longer call Kaep a "one read QB". That dude's play to Boldin, the jump throw thing that he did to fit it in over Thomas was impressive. He's going to be tough to deal with for years. The guy is lightning fast, and was shredding our defense running downfield in the first half. Bowman is a warrior and Iupati, hope both heal quickly. What a game.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
They are so much like the seahawks...its weird. Such a tough, physical team. There will be many more battles like this in the years to come. We won't win all of them. But if you want to be the best, you have to beat the best. The hawks did that last night.

Polaris

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":2ooeas92 said:
I personally will no longer call Kaep a "one read QB". That dude's play to Boldin, the jump throw thing that he did to fit it in over Thomas was impressive. He's going to be tough to deal with for years. The guy is lightning fast, and was shredding our defense running downfield in the first half. Bowman is a warrior and Iupati, hope both heal quickly. What a game.

While I respect the Niners and they did play a whale of a game, I won't go that far. Kaepernick IS a two read QB and in the fourth qtr, it's a big reason the Niners lost. Once Seattle solved Kaep running at half-time, Kaep was forced to throw it more and while he made some specatular throws (no one ever said there was anything wrong with his arm!), he wasn't effective throwing it. Kaepernick hasn't become another Michael Vick yet, but I can see it from here.

49ers

Reaction score
The only good thing that came out of this game (for me, lol) is all the future Harbaugh/Kaepernick vs Carroll/Wilson games to look forward to.

Between these two teams, there are so many big names on both sides of the ball. Hell, even Andy Lee & Hauschka are big names.

I'm going to really enjoy (and despise) this next decade of football.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":3jq89297 said:
Amazing, instant classic game.

That said the 49ers can eat my poo, I hope Iupati and Bowman have multiple setbacks and its affects them next year. :/

Your not welcome in this thread, read the title. Wishing injury setbacks on someone is beyond disgusting.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Much respect to the 49er players and team. They are very good and look to be good for many years to come. It's a heated rivalry for sure and looks to be more heated in future. With that said, many 49ers fans are blaming the refs. There were bad calls for both teams but they weren't the difference. The difference was that Kap threw 2 4th qtr interceptions. That was the difference. Kap played an outstanding game (running) until he was forced to win with his arm. That's why the 49ers lost. Not because of bad officiating. Enjoy the offseason 49ers.

HawkHouse

Reaction score
Can't hardly put into words all the feeling I have about this game ... I try and keep it short

Soooo proud of our team, a little disappointed in Sherms outburst, Bowman is a warrior, much respect to the 49ers.