The Official 49ers Respect Thread

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1lbhmijp said:
I am just glad we fumbled the ball after Bowman got the ball. Niners made a hell of a game out of it. Their defense prevented the avalanche from happening and kept it within a score.

Now I know that if the Niners won this game that they would not have a respect thread, but that's the Niners.
I am worried about Bowman, I really like that guy and I hope his knee is going to be OK. Same thing with Iupati.
Agreed Loaf, hope those two come back with their usual zeal.

droop828

Reaction score
Much respect to the Niners. We don't like each other but we can respect each other and it's the best rivalry in the NFL and will be for years and both of our teams will one up each other for a long while and it's going to be fun to be a part of.

Polaris

Reaction score
Much as I hate to give props to a rival, esp the Niners, they earned their props tonight. The Niners came into the Clink and was prepared to face down the 12th man and the Seahawks and win....and very nearly did.

It was far and away their best game in Seattle in years, and I would argue their best game against Seattle since RW became our QB regardless that it was a loss.

45Hawker

Reaction score
I wasn't expecting a victory because the 9ers are damn good. We handled most of their designed plays, but when a play broke down, Kaepernick made stuff happen - big time, repeatedly. He was a scary force tonight.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Best Division in football. Best football being played on the west coast.
This is going to be a rivalry for the next years to come. Home field advantage is going to be a dog fight every year. With St Louis and AZ coming up ... man, we are going to kill each other within the division.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I have to agree with most on here regarding how great SF is. I feared this game and knew they would be ready to give Seattle every thing they had. I
have had problems with SF fans mainly ( duh) but Pam Oliver interviewing Jim Harbaugh made me take a step back and say "WTF"?

He was gracious in defeat and gave Seattle all the credit. I wish some of their fans would chill but they probably think that about some of our fans.
In closing I wish nothing but a speedy recovery for Bowman and Lupatui .My respect to those of you SF fans that can read this.I think we bring the best
out in each other.

IM SO PROUD OF MY TEAM !!!!!!!!

OrFan

Reaction score
They played a hell of a game, I respect them for that. They are a damn good team.

Now their coach? I was laughing so hard when he and Pam Oliver were having their little cry fest after the game! I have zero respect for Hairball. He is bad for the game of football.

Highlordb

Reaction score
Great team, great Game, but I still hate them with a passion......but I do love the rivarly and as Ric Flair used to say "to be the best, you have to beat the best"

Marvin49

Reaction score
Great game that was absolutely spoiled for me by the injury to Bowman. I could make some comments about officiating here and there, but I don't want to think that way. Their we're some bad calls but I don't know that they made a difference in the grand scheme.

Your boys earned the division and you earned the NFC title. Can't wait to meet you guys again next year.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Yeah, mad respect to the Niners. Super tough team and as much as some of would hate to admit it, a very good head coach and staff as well. Hope Iupati and Bowman recover quickly.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The Niners kicked some ass today. They made that game more than my heart could handle. I might hate on the Haters, but I am pretty much done hating on the Niners.

They are without a doubt twin brothers that can't stand each other and compete like crazy. Hawks/Niners is going to be the biggest game of the year every year for some time to come.

It is just crazy, both so young and physical with running QBs that can throw the ball. Yeah, the fans are hard to handle sometimes, but the team is every bit as dangerous as Seattle and they are both growing. The NFL is scared of the West, because nobody plays that kind of football like the Niners and Hawks do and they are not going to get any worse at it.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Watched Kaep's post game presser. Obviously someone had to lose and I'm glad it wasn't us...but jeez my heart bleeds for the kid. Looked like he was about to cry, and said he cost them the game, found it hard to watch to be honest. He's a supreme athlete and will get there as a passer given time. Hate seeing someone so lost.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
HawksSoc":1dg7f1m7 said:
...Lets all register our positive thoughts for Bowman and Iupati. Warriors don't deserve to go out like that.
:13: Bowman is helluva player and Iupati is too as well as being an Idaho Vandal and I'm sorry to see guys like that go down.

SF49r

Reaction score
Thank you guys for the respect and not kicking us while were down, you guys are not bad after all! :th2thumbs: :thirishdrinkers:

rjas77

Reaction score
Sorry...I have zero respect for that team because of that Douche of a coach and that cheap shot on Lane. Their fans are the most belligerent pieces of vile filth on the Earth. On the way to the game I was in a friendly ribbing with Niner fans on the Link. It was friendly on both sides until this prick came on and changed the whole tone of the ribbing to a personal level

I despise that team.

irocdave

Reaction score
That was a brutal game to watch, so evenly matched and neither could do anything on O consistently. Niners came to play and gave the Hawks all they could handle. Hope the linebacker and lineman come back healthy next year, sucks to see players injured like that. Next years games will be more of the same. I would bet that our friends over at the webzone might call the Hawks a rival now that there is some playoff history between the two clubs.

Hawks vs niners games will both be on prime time next year and it will be fantastic to watch.