The NFL is becoming unwatchable

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":s8ptib67 said:
I don’t know how an enterprise with compromised rules, rich criminals whose misdeeds are instantly forgotten the second they step on the field ( one member of which was made an instant millionaire despite probably raping a woman), a complete disregard for long-term health and a capricious commissioner who cares only about nitpicky rules and money (his own and the league's) bottomed out in entertainment.

Maybe someone smarter than me can explain it.
Great post except "the league's" should read "the 32 multi-billionaires he works for".

RedAlice

Reaction score
Well, tonight's game was awesome and was absolutely not unwatchable.

Very fun game to watch with others, even with no one being a fan of either team.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
i3OtXsk.png

RedAlice

Reaction score
Commercials might be right, but I barely see a Cheerleader.

That whole chart is BS.

And....during commercials is when you visit with other fans and that is fun.

dino26

Reaction score
Rex":3es1t0kp said:
Sgt. Largent":3es1t0kp said:
I love my Hawks, and I will always watch them............but trying to watch other NFL games is becoming excruciatingly painful.

The flow of these games over the past couple of years with all the penalties, reviews, stoppages, challenges and commercials is freaking brutal.

Has the league jumped the shark on trying TOO hard to "get things right?"

I agree with all of that but I think there is something else that makes it difficult to watch.....and no I'm not talking about anything the Rams do or don't do. :lol:

That problem is the TV broadcasters for each game. They are generally ignorant of personal and team history, in particular recent history, as in now. They are assigned a game then give a cursory study of each team....and then try to call the game. They get so much info wrong each week it is infuriating. It used to be that each team had its own TV broadcasters which knew what was going on with the team all season long. They were knowledgeable. It was enjoyable to watch. They showed much much more of the cheerleaders too.

Definitely agree even the mispronunciation of players names ticks me off.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RedAlice":915h2abl said:
Well, tonight's game was awesome and was absolutely not unwatchable.

Very fun game to watch with others, even with no one being a fan of either team.

Really? I thought it was just another ugly ass Thursday Night Football game. Sloppy, turnovers, penalties.

Overtime was exciting, but that kinda put the lipstick on the pig for me.