The NFL is officially unwatchable

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
It has gotten to that point. It starts with steered games and or incompetent officiating including replay officials that get the calls wrong.

The rule book needs to be streamlined and rules need to be made more clearer. Eliminate phrases like “football move”.

The “subjective officiating” needs to be eliminated and removed from the game.

Only call obvious penalties get rid of the ticky tack crap. Eliminate the “I think I saw” calls. Again, only the obvious infractions should be called.

Have an independent outside the NFL group grade the officials. Make the zebra’s grades and any discipline public.
Set up a system where if an official is bad enough in a certain timeframe he/she is terminated.

I’m just about done with the NFL. And no, they won’t miss me or my dollars as I haven’t spent a dime on any Hawks/NFL merch or games in over 5 years.

The NFL and it’s brass have ruined a great game.

James in PA

Reaction score
until everything is reviewable it's never going to change. I don't care if we have six hour games. It's the only way to fix it and make it fair.

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
It has gotten to that point. It starts with steered games and or incompetent officiating including replay officials that get the calls wrong.

The rule book needs to be streamlined and rules need to be made more clearer. Eliminate phrases like “football move”.

The “subjective officiating” needs to be eliminated and removed from the game.

Only call obvious penalties get rid of the ticky tack crap. Eliminate the “I think I saw” calls. Again, only the obvious infractions should be called.

Have an independent outside the NFL group grade the officials. Make the zebra’s grades and any discipline public.
Set up a system where if an official is bad enough in a certain timeframe he/she is terminated.

I’m just about done with the NFL. And no, they won’t miss me or my dollars as I haven’t spent a dime on any Hawks/NFL merch or games in over 5 years.

The NFL and it’s brass have ruined a great game.
Totally agree. It’s not emotional either… it’s just so predictable. Hawks aren’t very good right now but these calls in the second half have been so typical and/or non existent

94Smith

Reaction score
Steered right into 40 plus points and one punt.

Crizilla

Reaction score
So glad MLB spring training is getting ready to start up. I like watching athletes perform not some random dude in a stripped shirt constantly stopping plays, taking back plays, and being annoying.

94Smith

Reaction score
Don't you have your own board to go too? Am I missing something, why do you have 700+ posts on an opposing teams message board? Is your life ok man?
I am always objective, but when you blame the refs with the defensive performance you had that’s being a sore loser. The Seahawks are ultimately a flawed team with a mediocre defense . The defense has been poor all season. There are lots of pieces there. Lots of great players but need to have a big defensive draft and get some fa. I am done I will let you complain in peace

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
until everything is reviewable it's never going to change. I don't care if we have six hour games. It's the only way to fix it and make it fair.
But they review some calls and still don’t overturn some obvious bad calls.
It’s to the point of the announcers saying “I don’t know what they are looking at”.

OP
OP
Sports Hernia

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
So glad MLB spring training is getting ready to start up. I like watching athletes perform not some random dude in a stripped shirt constantly stopping plays, taking back plays, and being annoying.
Kraken are on fire. Jump aboard the bandwagon, plenty of seats. 👍

m0ng0

Reaction score
Cool stop watching! This whole thing has got crazy with tinfoil hat people and rigging/ steering games, blah blah blah best of luck to you

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Wait, what!!? But the officiating is how we made it INTO the playoffs.

I don't know who to root for anymore, or who I'm supposed to hate.

But to be honest, I only watch the NFL for the Dr. Pepper Fansville commercials.
Now that's some entertainment!

BigBill1945

Reaction score
The refs have been so awful. As a result the calls have changed the outcomes of the games.