The NFC is wide open

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
Most of the preseason favorites in the NFC are really struggling thus far. San Francisco, Tampa Bay, Greenbay and others are all underperforming. Greenbay, in particular looks like it's going nowhere IMO. And the NFC West looks like it's going to go down the wire this season. I think the Seahawks have as good as chance as anyone right now to make the playoffs. I know we still got a lot of games to go, but how they are improving it's nice to see.

And the Seahawks play 4 of their final 5 games at home this season.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Most of the preseason favorites in the NFC are really struggling thus far. San Francisco, Tampa Bay, Greenbay and others are all underperforming. Greenbay, in particular looks like it's going nowhere IMO. And the NFC West looks like it's going to go down the wire this season. I think the Seahawks have as good as chance as anyone right now to make the playoffs. I know we still got a lot of games to go, but how they are improving it's nice to see.

Throw the Rams into the group of teams on a downward spiral. Regression at every position. A piss poor running game, no OBJ, Stafford is ass without a healthy Kupp and their defense is nothing at all like last year.
As for AZ, Kingsbury might get fired we beat them on Sunday and their defense is pure garbage and worsening by the week. Visible on-field friction between Murray and Kingsbury. Not a good sign. They still have a lot of talent offensively however

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Throw the Rams into the group of teams on a downward spiral. Regression at every position. A piss poor running game, no OBJ, Stafford is ass without a healthy Kupp and their defense is nothing at all like last year.
As for AZ, Kingsbury might get fired we beat them on Sunday and their defense is pure garbage and worsening by the week. Visible on-field friction between Murray and Kingsbury. Not a good sign. They still have a lot of talent offensively however
I think Stafford has been playing injured. During training camp he hurt his throwing arm. If you watch the guy he can’t sling it like he normally can. He’s having a lot of floaters, which Stafford is known for his live arm and deep ball.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
That’s hilarious to watch as their freshly overpaid whiner is going to start affecting the coaching staff. I was really surprised they gave him what they did after his demeanor in the playoffs last year and his rep for needing a clause in his contract to study film. His mobility is his only thing. Soon as he loses a step, he’s average and he’s not enough of a film hound to make up for it. They’re going to be paying for that mistake for years.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I really hope we crush them on Sunday. It would be a nice 3rd statement game.

And honestly - I watched part of the eagles/texans game last night. Um, nothing scary there. I was scared of the Eagles. No more.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score

I'm also very interested in the Tampa game. Dude's imploding.

Would make another nice win just prior to the Bye.

renofox

Reaction score
the 8 and 0 eagles look scary to me, but I think we can beat them.
I don't think they're scary, but they are.a very good team.

If the Seahawks play like they have the last 3 weeks, and the Eagles play like they did last night, Seahawks win.

Both teams should be tough in the playoffs, barring any major roster losses.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I'm also very interested in the Tampa game. Dude's imploding.

Would make another nice win just prior to the Bye.
I think we have a great shot at that game. I mean, besides the fact that we're doing really well right now.

Normally, a trip to Tamp would be 5-6 hours in the air, plus the 3-hour time change, plus the early game. This time, it's 12-13 hours to get there, plus the 8-hour time change, plus the very early game. But the Bucs also have to spend 11-12 travel hours, plus the 5-hour time change, plus the early game. The time change works in their favor a bit, but the travel is an equalizer.

Torc

Reaction score
Galloway holdout year?
yep. He came back midway through the season, had no timing with Kitna, and Holmgren kept calling bombs to increase his trade value. Most of the bombs fell short and they lost several games as a result of trying too hard to force it. But still won the division. At least that's how my memory calls it.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
yep. He came back midway through the season, had no timing with Kitna, and Holmgren kept calling bombs to increase his trade value. Most of the bombs fell short and they lost several games as a result of trying too hard to force it. But still won the division. At least that's how my memory calls it.
I remember similarly, that we did well without him and once he came back we faltered heavily. I also remember being a callous, young a-hole that was glad he got injured in preseason in Dallas. I can't believe I cared so much about a game that I took schadenfreude from his injury.

Still hate Ohio State though. He and Shawn Springs are prime reasons why.