The latest on Jadeveon Clowney and trade partners.

chris98251

Reaction score
What we have and what they may want, Brown is a proven commodity, We have Moore and Jazz that have shown they can block, Browns receptions last year will be made up easily. Moore may have been on the bubble anyway but he has experience. That's one player, a second player I would float that would solve two of Houston's issues and relieve a crowded back field would be Prosise, again a player that's a Vet and has shown what he can do, my / our take is staying healthy.

That's two for one and then you throw in a 5th rounder if you have too. If they won't budge move it to a 4th to make it seem like they got one on you.

Remember Clowney has his own issues and history of injuries, it's not like your getting Khalil Mack who had no question marks last year.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":2j23urdp said:
What we have and what they may want, Brown is a proven commodity, We have Moore and Jazz that have shown they can block, Browns receptions last year will be made up easily. Moore may have been on the bubble anyway but he has experience. That's one player, a second player I would float that would solve two of Houston's issues and relieve a crowded back field would be Prosise, again a player that's a Vet and has shown what he can do, my / our take is staying healthy.

That's two for one and then you throw in a 5th rounder if you have too. If they won't budge move it to a 4th to make it seem like they got one on you.

Remember Clowney has his own issues and history of injuries, it's not like your getting Khalil Mack who had no question marks last year.
So Brown,Moore,Prosise and a 5th?I'd have to say that seems
like a lot..
Maybe if they give us a 6th with Clowney..
I can see Prosise balling out for them just to stick it up our asses :lol:

nwHawk

Reaction score
Penny, Jennings and a 2nd in 2020 and a 4th in 2021 for Clowney seems fair. We're not getting him for free.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
nwHawk":2ho5i8k9 said:
Penny, Jennings and a 2nd in 2020 and a 4th in 2021 for Clowney seems fair. We're not getting him for free.

Except if Carson gets hurt again, we're right back to 2017 without Penny.

2_0_6

Reaction score
nwHawk":1tzr5xla said:

Plus sign Clowney to a mega deal? Pass.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Houston is cap strapped, and won't be signing Clowney after his franchise deal runs out.

Releasing Mingo and replacing him with Clowney for a draft pick (2nd or 3rd) and a reserve OLineman Jamarco Jones would be something that could work. It'd give the team time to re-up the player who might be a good fit at Leo. If not team would be losing an early 2020 pick plus an OLineman but potentially acquiring an early comp pick for 2021.

The price would need to be right for the trade.

Somehow though I seriously doubt JS would trade away a 2nd rd. pick w/o some certainty the player could be re-signed by the team.

xray

Reaction score
nwHawk":1rat5suq said:
That seems about right...the Hawks really don't lose much..a rookie and a back up RB.

xray

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":27lkt893 said:
nwHawk":27lkt893 said:

Except if Carson gets hurt again, we're right back to 2017 without Penny.

Penny's production can be duplicated by any average RB.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
To me that is pretty pricey for player who'd be a 1 yr. rental.

xray

Reaction score
With all the dings & ' procedures " the Hawks need some help everywhere except the QB & the LBs room. IMO

massari

Reaction score
No more giving away high picks for expensive salaries! Keep building through the draft and carry over the cap space to next season.

McGruff

Reaction score
jammerhawk":zfinb8xu said:
Houston is cap strapped, and won't be signing Clowney after his franchise deal runs out.

Releasing Mingo and replacing him with Clowney for a draft pick (2nd or 3rd) and a reserve OLineman Jamarco Jones would be something that could work. It'd give the team time to re-up the player who might be a good fit at Leo. If not team would be losing an early 2020 pick plus an OLineman but potentially acquiring an early comp pick for 2021.

The price would need to be right for the trade.

Somehow though I seriously doubt JS would trade away a 2nd rd. pick w/o some certainty the player could be re-signed by the team.

Sheldon Richardson?

kf3339

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":188i4u1h said:
They also just lost their starting RB. I wonder if they are asking about Penny :?:

Penny is locked up on a 5 year rookie contract. Only way I would do this if it's a straight up trade for players and we have a signed extension in place for Clowney. Even then I would try to unload Prosise and possibly a 3rd instead of Penny. I would just not like to give up on Penny this early.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
kf3339":2f9llokm said:
SoulfishHawk":2f9llokm said:
They also just lost their starting RB. I wonder if they are asking about Penny :?:

Penny is locked up on a 5 year rookie contract. Only way I would do this if it's a straight up trade for players and we have a signed extension in place for Clowney. Even then I would try to unload Prosise and possibly a 3rd instead of Penny. I would just not like to give up on Penny this early.

I don't know how people have missed this: We cannot sign Clowney to a long term extension after trading for him. The negotiation deadline for the franchise tag has passed; it has to wait until the new year in 2020.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I know they can't sign him to a long term deal. But there is already rumors, and they talked about it on KJR this morning that the Texans are in desperate need of a RB. It's a valid question if they would be trying to get Penny. I don't want them to trade Penny, period. I'm one of the few who seems to get that this guy has some real talent and can contribute to this team for a long time.

kf3339

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3o56rie8 said:
kf3339":3o56rie8 said:
SoulfishHawk":3o56rie8 said:

I don't know how people have missed this: We cannot sign Clowney to a long term extension after trading for him. The negotiation deadline for the franchise tag has passed; it has to wait until the new year in 2020.

You're right. Just forgot, which makes their trade requirements even lower or no deal. I personally don't even want us to trade for him as I think we will be fine. Not as worried about our pass rush as some on this board.