The latest on Jadeveon Clowney and trade partners.

McGruff

Reaction score
If you guys dont want him, you dont want him and that's fine. I'm kind of there right now.

But dangling ridiculous trade scenarios just makes you look silly.

At the 3nd of the day, Clowney is still a 9+ sack a year guy, and that's while playing OLB.

No one is getting him for spare parts.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2vyqbzpz said:
Sarlacc83":2vyqbzpz said:
Sgt. Largent":2vyqbzpz said:
SoulfishHawk":2vyqbzpz said:
I may be in the minority, but I would love to see Clowney here. Clowney on one side and Ziggy on the other? Oh hell yes.

What are you willing to give up for a one year rental player?

We're all in the majority of wanting Clowney here, obviously he's a top tier DE, and we could use one of those. But the rumors are Houston's looking for not only draft pick(s), but a WR.

So IMO as much as we'd love to have Clowney, he's not worth a high pick AND a WR, of which we don't have enough quality yet in that corp either.

Jazz Ferguson + Gary Jennings + oh, I dunno, let's be generous, a 6th ought to do it. Or make that a 7th and swap out David Moore for Gary Jennings.

Ahh the old "let's just give the other team a bunch of mediocre/project players instead one good one."

Would you take your trade if you were Houston? My guess is it'd have to be more along the lines of DK and a 2nd oe 3rd. Or a veteran we don't have.

Houston sees themselves as a contender, so my guess is rookie or project players are out. They're going to want a top tier veteran for a top tier DE.

In the wake of the surefire calls for Procise trades (it only took one post!), I'm not surprised I couldn't lower the bar enough to avoid Poe's Law.

2_0_6

Reaction score
At some point they will have to trade him for what they can get to fill a need, which as of today is the RB spot.

There was rumors on Redskins radio last week (prior to the RB injury) of a Trent Williams For Clowney swap which makes all kinds of sense for the Texans. I wonder if Washington would also include AP in a trade along with Trent depending on how Guice is to maybe squeeze something else out of them

Sac

Reaction score
Houston is going to send a late round pick to KC for Carlos Hyde, making me look like a fantasy genius for taking him in the 11th round.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Sac":vbsdtn4y said:
Houston is going to send a late round pick to KC for Carlos Hyde, making me look like a fantasy genius for taking him in the 11th round.

No one cares about your fantasy team.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
If they take a 3rd for him, do it now. Though a 2nd is more realistic, and we would likely get a 3rd round comp back later. We need the guy, it's about winning now. The way that JS stockpiles picks, he probably could gain that 2nd back. But, hopefully it would be a LATE 2nd round pick for Clowney. We have a big time need, would be worth it imo.

CPHawk

Reaction score
If we want to make a playoff run, make the trade now. If we want 10-6 and 1st round exit, stand pat. The nfl is a win now league, keeping our picks is for the future not now.

olyfan63

Reaction score
dutchcoug":2jr24ykn said:
Sorry for hurting your feeling for interpreting a tweet and the hear say within the comments. If you don't know what rumor means, I can't help you. I see way more vague rumors on this board that doesn't get you gals riled up. Relax kids.

You post a vague Twitter rumor to stir up schtuff, with the same quality of information a middle school girl drama queen might put into a Fakebook post and then purport yourself to in a position of authority to attack the masculinity of male posters?

It seems your "you gals" and "kids" digs would be more accurate to direct at your own behavior.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
CPHawk":2f49pwfp said:
If we want to make a playoff run, make the trade now. If we want 10-6 and 1st round exit, stand pat. The nfl is a win now league, keeping our picks is for the future not now.

That's what we said 2-3 years ago when we traded away too many picks to get guys like Brown and Richardson because we thought we were contenders, and Graham before that.

You don't win in the NFL by mortgaging your future drafts by overpaying for short term players. Doesn't mean we shouldn't be in the mix for Clowney..........but it does mean we shouldn't be trading away serious draft capital (first rounders or multiple 2nd) and/or one of our best players now for a one year player that's not going to resign here.

getnasty

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2rjixt1m said:
CPHawk":2rjixt1m said:

That's what we said 2-3 years ago when we traded away too many picks to get guys like Brown and Richardson because we thought we were contenders, and Graham before that.

You don't win in the NFL by mortgaging your future drafts by overpaying for short term players. Doesn't mean we shouldn't be in the mix for Clowney..........but it does mean we shouldn't be trading away serious draft capital (first rounders or multiple 2nd) and/or one of our best players now for a one year player that's not going to resign here.

Lets just say we trade our 2nd next year and Jaron Brown for Clowney this year(just spitballin) we then get a third round comp for him when he leaves. You don't think thats worth it?

Teams trade high picks for players all the time and are still sucsessfull, see the Rams last year.

getnasty

Reaction score
getnasty":2fjkn9dg said:
Sgt. Largent":2fjkn9dg said:
CPHawk":2fjkn9dg said:

Lets just say we trade our 2nd next year and Jaron Brown for Clowney this year(just spitballin) we then get a third round comp for him when he leaves. You don't think thats worth it?

Teams trade high picks for players all the time and are still sucsessfull, see the Rams last year.

I guess Cooks was signed so thats not the same thing as you were talking about.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
getnasty":1mqyfh20 said:
Sgt. Largent":1mqyfh20 said:
CPHawk":1mqyfh20 said:

Rams are doing what we did when Russell was on his rookie contract, stacking their roster........so we'll see how good they are when they either have to pay Goff, or try to find another cheap QB/draft.

And I'd be VERY nervous giving up Brown with how thin we are with WR experience. I still think that's not enough, especially with how many other teams are in the mix, that usually drives the price up for guys like Clowney.

For a straight #2, or #2 and #4, something like that? Hell yes. It's the player in return part I don't think we're a good fit for what Houston's looking for as to why we're going to lose out to another team.

Seymour

Reaction score
Things are not always as they appear.

Just say no!!!

Pennywise clown it szlmxy

CPHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2m6oeoy2 said:
CPHawk":2m6oeoy2 said:

Who said to trade multiple picks, or our best players? I'm fine with a 2nd though.

How come no one brings up the trade for Marshawn? I guess that doesn't fit the narrative.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
CPHawk":1e8vjyig said:
Who said to trade multiple picks, or our best players?.

My guess is Houston.

I'd love for it to be just a 2nd, but all reports are Houston's looking for a veteran WR or another player in return as well as a draft pick.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2762sy8v said:
getnasty":2762sy8v said:
Sgt. Largent":2762sy8v said:
CPHawk":2762sy8v said:

Rams are doing what we did when Russell was on his rookie contract, stacking their roster........so we'll see how good they are when they either have to pay Goff, or try to find another cheap QB/draft.

And I'd be VERY nervous giving up Brown with how thin we are with WR experience. I still think that's not enough, especially with how many other teams are in the mix, that usually drives the price up for guys like Clowney.

For a straight #2, or #2 and #4, something like that? Hell yes. It's the player in return part I don't think we're a good fit for what Houston's looking for as to why we're going to lose out to another team.

Our top edge rusher right now is Cassius Marsh. I think that has to have some sway in the matter. Ezekiel Ansah is a giant flashing question mark, Collier generated no preseason buzz at all before getting injured (or when drafted), and you've probably noticed the amount of rhetorical straining being done to stretch Green, Martin, Mingo, Shaquem, and whomever else into viable sack artists. Not one of them has shown that they'll ever be anything. Plus Jarran Reed is suspended, leaving Ford and Woods with no depth.

Overall, there's an awful lot of "out of nowhere" that needs to happen before we get any pass rush. I think Clowney had better be part of the picture, and given our draft capital next year, I have less of a problem giving up a first.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1lffgave said:
Our top edge rusher right now is Cassius Marsh. I think that has to have some sway in the matter. Ezekiel Ansah is a giant flashing question mark, Collier generated no preseason buzz at all before getting injured (or when drafted), and you've probably noticed the amount of rhetorical straining being done to stretch Green, Martin, Mingo, Shaquem, and whomever else into viable sack artists. Not one of them has shown that they'll ever be anything. Plus Jarran Reed is suspended, leaving Ford and Woods with no depth.

Overall, there's an awful lot of "out of nowhere" that needs to happen before we get any pass rush. I think Clowney had better be part of the picture, and given our draft capital next year, I have less of a problem giving up a first.

You're right, Ansah really is the question mark here.

I guess the bottom line is if Pete and John think Ansah's shoulder truly is good to go and the groin will be healed in two weeks then we're good.

If they're concerned that he's not back to full health and explosiveness, and won't be anytime soon? Then you damn well know we're serious players for Clowney.