The "Glue" Player on Offense and Defense

falcongoggles

Reaction score
The "Glue" player isn't the flashiest person, but the one that holds the squad together. For me those players on offense and defense are:

-Offense - Tyler Lockett. With him in the lineup, everyone is better. DK has one on ones, defense are stretched and Russ has a safety valve to outlet to.

-Defense - Quandre Diggs - This one is harder as players have come and gone via injuries. That said, the defense was a hodgepodge of players playing out of position and timid until he showed up. He brought attitude, he brought toughness and he unleashed the other guys in the secretary as they had "faith" in the over-the-top plays.

So who do you all think are the glue players?

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
True but we lost a key glue on defense. Diggs ankle injury looks serious. It really sucks. The luckiest team to win the health game will win it all. I don’t think that will be us but I hope I am wrong.

sutz

Reaction score
For me it's a bit different:

O: Russ Wilson all the way. Last week he was a little down and the whole team was blah all night.

D: Wags. He's the strong silent one in the middle, directing traffic and teaching the young'uns. Diggs is the enforcer.

YMMV

johnnyfever

Reaction score
sutz":3r623kra said:
For me it's a bit different:

O: Russ Wilson all the way. Last week he was a little down and the whole team was blah all night.

D: Wags. He's the strong silent one in the middle, directing traffic and teaching the young'uns. Diggs is the enforcer.

YMMV
Yep, couldn't have said it better.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Offense: Wilson. In my opinion, any other answer is wrong. Without him, the whole offense falls into a steaming pile. He is the definition of glue.

Defense: The knee jerk answer is Wagner, but after further thought the defense has been pretty mediocre and less than mediocre throughout the year with him in there the whole time. Clowney too. The only times this year the defense has had any sustained success is when Diggs has been playing. Which makes his injury today even more of a concern. So I'll say Diggs.

Latest posts