The Event Horizon

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
I agree with the OP but Cary Williams simply does not fit this defense period and it's been a drastic drop off in production because of it. O-line and Left Corner must get fixed in the off season.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
And yet, 3 or 4 plays go differently, and we aren't having this thread.

That said, I watch Rawls and Lockett play their asses off and it seems kind of clear that some of our vets have lost that wide eyed lucky to be here approach, and think of each personal achievement as more cash.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Scottemojo":3nt10zem said:

That said, I watch Rawls and Lockett play their asses off and it seems kind of clear that some of our vets have lost that wide eyed lucky to be here approach, and think of each personal achievement as more cash.

Indeed my fine-Scotch-wielding friend. It just underscores the fragility of the human psyche. I couldn't agree more. If those 3, 4 or 5 plays go differently, it is amazing how winning cures what ails you. It doesn't completely remove all issues that exist internally (how could it?) but it most definitely creates a much more tolerable atmosphere.

I also couldn't agree more with the vet assessment in relation to Rawls and Lockett. It's a pretty obvious dichotomy right now.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Aros":1eksoftf said:
Scottemojo":1eksoftf said:

Indeed my fine-Scotch-wielding friend. It just underscores the fragility of the human psyche. I couldn't agree more. If those 3, 4 or 5 plays go differently, it is amazing how winning cures what ails you. It doesn't completely remove all issues that exist internally (how could it?) but it most definitely creates a much more tolerable atmosphere.

I also couldn't agree more with the vet assessment in relation to Rawls and Lockett. It's a pretty obvious dichotomy right now.
Agree with both of you. Maybe why Belicheat churns the roster so much?

kearly

Reaction score
I've been thinking for a while that one of the problems for Seattle is that it's too heavy on vets on defense. Bobby Wagner and Bruce Irvin are the least tenured starters on the defense, and they are in their 4th NFL seasons. The only opening day starter on the D that hasn't yet seen a second contract is Irvin, and he's rich too because he got a mid-1st round rookie contract.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1zyx19h7 said:
I don't believe for one second that this team has bottomed out.
(Shamelessly clipped and taken totally out of context :D ) But it's what I believe...

We're having a down year, yes... but we could just as easily be 7-3, 8-2 right now...

Reading some of these posts... Some on this board need to take the gun out of their mouth...