The Competition at Center is looking good.

BullyHawK31

Reaction score
This is a great problem to have. More O line depth should mean more success as the season progresses.

I'm personally pulling for Olu to get the spot with Evan Brown being available as depth for center and guard.

Great draft selection!

Polk738

Reaction score
Olu was easily the best lineman that night against the vikings, thats why I didn't understand the write up on FG that said there was nobody that stood out on the OL, I watched a breakdown from someone on YT that showed many of his reps and he had a pretty decent game for the most part.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
I didn’t pay too close attention to the offensive line play, but I thought Olu Oluwatimi fared okay and Anthony Bradford had a pancake block and a hold. Stone Forsythe was... not impressive. >>> https://www.fieldgulls.com/2023/8/1...rs-and-losers-seahawks-24-vikings-13-analysis

Offensive lines are typically ignored ...... unless something bad or something good catches the eye. Especially on the 1st outing. Prior to getting suffcient work together on handing off defenders and such. They only recently put on their pads only a few days ago.

Olumatimi got 31 quality snaps with the offense. And, another 3 snaps on Special Teams. He is off to a very good start.

Evan Brown got 15 snaps and Joey Hunt finished with 14 snaps with the offense. Both of whom Dickerson already know a lot about.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
This is a great problem to have. More O line depth should mean more success as the season progresses.

I'm personally pulling for Olu to get the spot with Evan Brown being available as depth for center and guard.

Great draft selection!
We DO NOT want Evan to play guard. He was horrible playing guard for Detroit. For real. Olu is showing great promise to be our starter next year.

seabowl

Reaction score
You know are born to play offensive line when the first two letters of your first and last name start with OL.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the above clip.

Note that the roster's two 6'-8" linemen were shown at left tackle and left guard. Interesting pad level challenge Dickerson is working with.

NoGain

Reaction score
If Olu's got true potential to be the long term answer at center, start him from the first game. Let him get the experience he needs and make the mistakes he needs ASAP. It would be great to have a young but experienced OL going into the 2024 season.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt. Can't get better from the sidelines. Look at all the rookies who played last year on this team. It will benefit them big time for the upcoming season.

bileever

Reaction score
You know are born to play offensive line when the first two letters of your first and last name start with OL.
Or when your initials are OO, like the great Jim Otto's number, 00. Seriously, Olu should change his number to 00. Do they still allow that?

sutz

Reaction score
Or when your initials are OO, like the great Jim Otto's number, 00. Seriously, Olu should change his number to 00. Do they still allow that?
I think it was outlawed for a while, but I thought they reinstated it.

But taking Jim Otto's number, that would take some 'nads, to be sure. :)

had2bhawk

Reaction score
Max Unger has been the best Center so far. I think Olu will raise the bar.
Let him play!

rjdriver

Reaction score
Me thinks a few will need to look up some crow recipe's when it comes to Olu.
You may be right @SoulfishHawk

Olu was blasted for his size, particular his hand size that left a lot of people with doubts. I think Hawk fans are a little over sensitive about small centers after seeing Joey Hunt get treated like a sex doll for his time here.

Olu seems to be a very smart, fundamentally sound center who is only going to get better. I think he will be challenging for the starting spot shortly.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I think we will all feel better once he is entrenched as a better player than Creed Humphrey. 🤷‍♂️

chrispy

Reaction score
Judging from Pete's comments in pressers and interviews, it sounds like EBrown is in the driver's seat for the time being and Olu is backup. Olu sat for a little while with a sore elbow and it seems like Pete has a lot of confidence in Brown. I know the OL takes time to gel, but Brown's on the team for the year and has vet exp. If/when Olu out-competes him and takes his spot, great. He'll learn a lot whether it's as the starter or back-up and get his snaps eventually. Center has been such an achilles heal that having a progression and longterm plan is much more important (to me) than who starts each individual game in '23.

Maybe next off-season .Net will lack frantic (concerned) threads re: Center as this year's OT threads have disappeared...???