The Colin Kaepernick obsession at .net

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":w0bkkh3e said:
Hasselbeck":w0bkkh3e said:
loafoftatupu":w0bkkh3e said:
I swear, if that guy ever nails the trajectory or touch and the game slows down for him, Papaki could be a serious QB for a long time.

I feel like this same thing was said about Michael Vick for about... well.. the whole duration of his career.

Kaep is an incredible athlete.. but I don't think he'll ever have the full nuances of the position down pat.

He has Harbs to help him and I didn't see any noticeable improvement in KaeperSpaz's game from 12-13. Nobody knows for sure, but if dude doesn't grow a bunch in this offseason I don't think he will grow much for his career. Then again, he doesn't have to face the Hawks defense 16 times a year either.

I've said this a million times, the niners will still be talking about Kap's "potential upside and high ceiling" the day he gets cut.

Brahn

Reaction score
Marvin49":ojgpr79y said:
Brahn":ojgpr79y said:
Marvin49":ojgpr79y said:
When did I say he was better in front of a camera than Wilson? That would be foolish. His persona in front of a camera is one of his biggest weaknesses because he's SOOO uncomfortable in that spotlight.

So uncomfortable in the spotlight ......... please see

His Instagram
His Beats Commercial
His TD celebration
His visit with the First Lady
His "Body Mag" Issue
His SB media day

I think maybe the only thing he is uncomfortable with is being a leader. Least this is his biggest weakness, and not second reads of routes being run by wideouts.

No, I meant what I said.

Does he enjoy the celebrity? Certainly. Is he comfortable on camera? Nope. Just look at his body language when he answers questions.

Leadership? Really? Ask his teammates. They would tell you something different.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w97fOQLDvPE[/youtube]

After a Win, seems to be fine in front of that scary camera.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X6fBd4XxUA[/youtube]

After a close loss, seems fine in front of those scary cameras

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vcd7HpEIR_I[/youtube]

Another video of him being terrified and uncomfortable on camera

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcP-OttWjv4[/youtube]

Finally a real loss to a real team and he goes all sad Sally. Guess its awesome when your "Leader" can be comfortable when it seems to be going good, but turns into a sissy the second he losses big. Mental toughness is not there. Show me comparable videos of Russel or Manning or Brees?

Pretty sure these wont embed because I messed it up but I have already spent enough time on a soon to be out of the league player.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
You don't even have to embed them, the statement is enough.

Running off the field as the QB? Either trying to intentionally disrespect Wilson or just a pouting baby. Anyone else is clear, the starting QB? Weak.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":25x9255y said:
Kap? I honestly think many take him the wrong way. Call me a homer all you want, but I just don't see him as anywhere close to the guy portrayed on this board. That's ok tho. Rivalries will do that.

Homer. :)

What's not to understand? It was just fine to mock Cam Newton the week prior to the NFCC. I don't remember Crabs or KaeperSpaz having a problem with that. I'm sure it was for charity though.

That's the starting QB doing that, not a DB. He couldn't just kiss his bicep, he had to go for the leader of the other team.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Ahhhhh.. that tat is precious. At this rate KaeperTat won't have any more space to share his art by 2017. Well, unless he starts tatting his nose.

He's got a lot of space there.

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1in6o498 said:
Marvin49":1in6o498 said:
Kap? I honestly think many take him the wrong way. Call me a homer all you want, but I just don't see him as anywhere close to the guy portrayed on this board. That's ok tho. Rivalries will do that.

What's not to understand? It was just fine to mock Cam Newton the week prior to the NFCC. I don't remember Crabs or KaeperSpaz having a problem with that. I'm sure it was for charity though.

That's the starting QB doing that, not a DB. He couldn't just kiss his bicep, he had to go for the leader of the other team.

:D

Look, would I prefer that Kap wore a suit to the podium? Yes. Do I wish he at times chose his words more carefully? Yes. Do I wish he were a better interview after games? Yes. Could he learn something from all counts from Russell Wilson? Yes. BTW, he confirmed recently that his short answers to the press during the season are because he doesn't ever want to reveal anything that could be used against them. Right or wrong, I think that's a Harbaugh thing.

None of that to me really matters all that much though. The dude WORKS. Like mad. First guy in the building. His teammates respect him. He's active in the community off the field. When I see peeps here question his leadership, all they are doing is buying into the caricature of him portrayed by opposing fans (and no doubt, he does give them the opportunity to do so).

For me though, I don't see this ego maniacal douchebag you guys do. I see an adopted kid who had his personal story splashed all over the news when he didn't want to meet his mother. I see every word he says being twisted (and admittedly he sometimes makes it easy). I see him compared to a convict for having tattoos (which MANY, MANY NFL players do) and then when he shows pride in them after that article comes out (by kissing the tattoo on his bicep), now he's a narcissistic douch. The dude can't win. I understand his distrust of the media. I see him improving just a little bit at a time every time he's in front of a camera. I've seen interviews with him talking about how uncomfortable the instant fame was when people started walking up to him in his regular life. I see a guy who is ULTRA competitive...so much that he blames himself for every single loss. When they lost in the SB people asked him what he thought and his response was essentially "I need to play better". It wasn't a WE. It was I.

Losing the SB wasn't on him though. He helped score more points as the LOSING team than any other team in SB history. People see that final sequence and put it on him, but that game was lost by the defense in the first half and first play of the second. It doesn't matter though...he took it on. That's kinda why I don't buy into the lack of leadership thing.

Now...do I wish I'd see less pictures of him by pools with women in the offseason? Yup. Do I wish he didn't seem to enjoy the celebrity as much as he does? Yup. Do I wish he would stop appearing in Beats by Dre commercials? Yup.

I just don't think any of that stuff means as much as you guys think (or hope) it does.

BTW, one last note. Kap does remind me of Vick as a previous poster mentioned. Actually he reminds me even more of another Eagle, Randall Cunningham. There is one thing though that is very, very different. What sunk Vick and Cunningham was that they never really put in the effort to improve their games...to become more than just a "running QB" until very late in their careers. Say what you want, but Kap is the hardest worker on the team.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":1yhposfx said:
loafoftatupu":1yhposfx said:
Marvin49":1yhposfx said:

:D

Look, would I prefer that Kap wore a suit to the podium? Yes. Do I wish he at times chose his words more carefully? Yes. Do I wish he were a better interview after games? Yes. Could he learn something from all counts from Russell Wilson? Yes. BTW, he confirmed recently that his short answers to the press during the season are because he doesn't ever want to reveal anything that could be used against them. Right or wrong, I think that's a Harbaugh thing.

None of that to me really matters all that much though. The dude WORKS. Like mad. First guy in the building. His teammates respect him. He's active in the community off the field. When I see peeps here question his leadership, all they are doing is buying into the caricature of him portrayed by opposing fans (and no doubt, he does give them the opportunity to do so).

For me though, I don't see this ego maniacal douchebag you guys do. I see an adopted kid who had his personal story splashed all over the news when he didn't want to meet his mother. I see every word he says being twisted (and admittedly he sometimes makes it easy). I see him compared to a convict for having tattoos (which MANY, MANY NFL players do) and then when he shows pride in them after that article comes out (by kissing the tattoo on his bicep), now he's a narcissistic douch. The dude can't win. I understand his distrust of the media. I see him improving just a little bit at a time every time he's in front of a camera. I've seen interviews with him talking about how uncomfortable the instant fame was when people started walking up to him in his regular life. I see a guy who is ULTRA competitive...so much that he blames himself for every single loss. When they lost in the SB people asked him what he thought and his response was essentially "I need to play better". It wasn't a WE. It was I.

Losing the SB wasn't on him though. He helped score more points as the LOSING team than any other team in SB history. People see that final sequence and put it on him, but that game was lost by the defense in the first half and first play of the second. It doesn't matter though...he took it on. That's kinda why I don't buy into the lack of leadership thing.

Now...do I wish I'd see less pictures of him by pools with women in the offseason? Yup. Do I wish he didn't seem to enjoy the celebrity as much as he does? Yup. Do I wish he would stop appearing in Beats by Dre commercials? Yup.

I just don't think any of that stuff means as much as you guys think (or hope) it does.

BTW, one last note. Kap does remind me of Vick as a previous poster mentioned. Actually he reminds me even more of another Eagle, Randall Cunningham. There is one thing though that is very, very different. What sunk Vick and Cunningham was that they never really put in the effort to improve their games...to become more than just a "running QB" until very late in their careers. Say what you want, but Kap is the hardest worker on the team.
:34853_doh: Sigh....... The "human excuse machine" strikes again!

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Kaep is a better QB than alot on here give credit to.

Outside of playing the Seahawks he has actually played pretty well.

For his career both season and postseason he has thrown 16ints, 7 of those are against the Seahawks

Just taking out the games against the Seahawks last year he was:

246/417 59% 3318yards 22TD 5int 97QBrating

If he can improve on his ability to go through reads and make smarter decisions he could be one of the best young QBs. I dont like the guy at all but aside from playing the Seahawks he has been pretty effective.

Marvin49

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":3by35esh said:

For his career both season and postseason he has thrown 16ints, 7 of those are against the Seahawks

If he can improve on his ability to go through reads and make smarter decisions he could be one of the best young QBs. I dont like the guy at all but aside from playing the Seahawks he has been pretty effective.

Yup.

:) Having Crabtree from the start and adding Stevie Johnson should help as well. For most of the year last year it was Boldin and.....nobody at WR.

Still tho, as a Niner fan I have to admit that Seattles got his number. Not sure when or if that will change.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":10bx7inl said:

I'm not sure about those numbers. As a passer the dude hardly eclipsed 3k yards with the Seahawks games included.

Maybe you are including the playoffs or something, but that isn't all that great either. I'm not saying that he isn't really talented, but lets not get carried away. Not to get into a Kaeperchoke/Wilson argument but with 10 less attempts RW had 5 more TDs, nearly 200 more yards, well over 60% with 10 yards a game more and 1 more interception. That is just putting it into perspective and Wilson didn't start the season at home with a 400+ yard preseason game against GB with no defense.

Crabtree and Johnson? What is that REALLY going to do in a system like the Niners with a QB that knows where he is throwing the ball before he takes the snap?

I like the way Kaeperstank plays. He is fun to watch, especially on the run. He passes the eye test when he is launching rockets and running, but force him to throw the ball with touch and get pressure on him and he gives up that ass like a cheap crack whore in Detroit.

He can make big runs when under pressure if he takes off early, but he is careless with the ball in the pocket while moving around. I mean really careless. He does look like a Demi-God against weak defenses but tends to struggle against good ones. Like Carolina and NOLA, even Indy. I should note that he played well against AZ and STL.

I dunno about that guy, I think that he is the most physically gifted QB I have seen since Cunningham, but his head just isn't on straight. He could be really special if he can get the game to slow down, but when he melts down he doesn't do it half-assed. If he doesn't stop trying to force passes like he did with Kam x2, Sherm x2, Hyde and the guy in Carolina (especially in the playoffs) he will cost the Niners games.

This is a guy that said he would have taken that shot to Crabs one on one everytime, no matter who was covering him. Sounds kind of silly, even if he was just trying to show confidence, because there is absolutely no reason to have that confidence

jdblack

Reaction score
Marvin49":39ppr5cq said:
I have said SEVERAL times that he could have handled it differently, but the vitriol on this site in regards to his comments is ridiculous.

It only takes a few, and this is a popular site.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
jdblack":3k6ui9pi said:
Marvin49":3k6ui9pi said:
I have said SEVERAL times that he could have handled it differently, but the vitriol on this site in regards to his comments is ridiculous.

It only takes a few, and this is a popular site.
WTF is that about? ohhh. Boo fricking hooo. Poor little Kaeperpout. He didn't mean to tell a story, but he did it anyway.

It wasn't about Aaron Rodgers or Clay Matthews, he commented specifically about Sherman and had ZERO so he made up a KaeperVersion. Oh he's obviously scared of the awesomeness in the Forty-Felon receiving core.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1zhe1iwn said:
loafoftatupu":1zhe1iwn said:
Oh he's obviously scared of the awesomeness in the Forty-Felon receiving core.
(Pssssst...Bro..Before anybody sees, it's 'corps'.)
No.. it was meant to be core. Like core of the team. But nice catch mayne. Context issue.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":bzw4oy9r said:
WilsonMVP":bzw4oy9r said:

I'm not sure about those numbers. As a passer the dude hardly eclipsed 3k yards with the Seahawks games included.

Maybe you are including the playoffs or something, but that isn't all that great either. I'm not saying that he isn't really talented, but lets not get carried away. Not to get into a Kaeperchoke/Wilson argument but with 10 less attempts RW had 5 more TDs, nearly 200 more yards, well over 60% with 10 yards a game more and 1 more interception. That is just putting it into perspective and Wilson didn't start the season at home with a 400+ yard preseason game against GB with no defense.

Crabtree and Johnson? What is that REALLY going to do in a system like the Niners with a QB that knows where he is throwing the ball before he takes the snap?

I like the way Kaeperstank plays. He is fun to watch, especially on the run. He passes the eye test when he is launching rockets and running, but force him to throw the ball with touch and get pressure on him and he gives up that ass like a cheap crack whore in Detroit.

He can make big runs when under pressure if he takes off early, but he is careless with the ball in the pocket while moving around. I mean really careless. He does look like a Demi-God against weak defenses but tends to struggle against good ones. Like Carolina and NOLA, even Indy. I should note that he played well against AZ and STL.

I dunno about that guy, I think that he is the most physically gifted QB I have seen since Cunningham, but his head just isn't on straight. He could be really special if he can get the game to slow down, but when he melts down he doesn't do it half-assed. If he doesn't stop trying to force passes like he did with Kam x2, Sherm x2, Hyde and the guy in Carolina (especially in the playoffs) he will cost the Niners games.

This is a guy that said he would have taken that shot to Crabs one on one everytime, no matter who was covering him. Sounds kind of silly, even if he was just trying to show confidence, because there is absolutely no reason to have that confidence
In baseball terms they'd call him a million dollar talent with a 10 cent head! 8)

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3dskv66j said:
In baseball terms they'd call him a million dollar talent with a 10 cent head! 8)

LMAO.. Nice one! It just gave me a new nickname. "NUKE!" or "MEAT"

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":10698bvc said:
WilsonMVP":10698bvc said:

We'll I'm just gonna skip out on the whole Wilson/Kap conversation because it can't go anywhere good

All I'll say is look at Kaeps numbers last year pre and post Crabs return to get an idea about what I'm talking about RE more weapons. Again...won't respond to the "head on straight" comment. We've argued that one long enough.