The Colin Kaepernick obsession at .net

rlkats

Reaction score
Marvin when will it end. Dude why do you defend so tirelessly? Talk football fine but defend to the death on a hawk board is ludicrous. They don t give two shits what is said to a point. Just like most niners fans don't give two shits what they say. The do agree with honesty and truth but to say if a guy was lying or what was said or whatever is idiotic. Nobody really knows unless we were there. Hawks will 99% of the time kick kap ass. They just have him down. Just let it go bro.

Marvin49

Reaction score
rlkats":2xuejczo said:
Marvin when will it end. Dude why do you defend so tirelessly? Talk football fine but defend to the death on a hawk board is ludicrous. They don t give two shits what is said to a point. Just like most niners fans don't give two shits what they say. The do agree with honesty and truth but to say if a guy was lying or what was said or whatever is idiotic. Nobody really knows unless we were there. Hawks will 99% of the time kick kap ass. They just have him down. Just let it go bro.

Thanks for the input.

BTW, to answer your question, I do it because it's easy, it's fun, and it fills the offseason.

253hawk

Reaction score
I just can't take an NFL QB who dresses like a high school kid for after-game pressers seriously.

Throwdown

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3nnhwbbk said:
Marvin49":3nnhwbbk said:
his teammate and friend who had been called out on TV as "mediocre" and "sorry a$$".

In fairness tho, Crabtree is both of those things, so you can see where Sherman was coming from.

I love you

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
253hawk":24bhmfcf said:
I just can't take an NFL QB who dresses like a high school kid for after-game pressers seriously.
I read somewhere that SuperKaep does that to support the business of a teen clothing designer. It is all for charity.

Just channeling my inner Marvin. :)

So does anyone think that when Lock, Patton and SuperKaep were in the FL hotel room with the drunk KaeperGroupie that they decided to quit hitting the cheebie?

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
rlkats":3ik8mbog said:
Kats.. always the voice of reason.

Meeker

Reaction score
The "scared" comment was hilarious because the Niners were scared of Sherman in the NFCC and CLEARLY avoided him. Seriously, rewatch the NFCC and watch Kaepernick go through his progressions and he rarely even looks Sherman's way, often times looking to his left in the 1st half for his first read, he only looks to his right if its a TE or slot WR. I did this a while ago so I don't exactly remember the specifics, but I believe Kaepernick only looked at Sherman as his first or second read 2 times, once when he lined up on Vernon Davis in the slot and the last play. He only targeted him twice, once on a scramble where Sherman was correctly called for holding (Sherman was atleast the third read)...and the last play. If Sherman is so scared, why did they not target him more? Not only did they not target him, they were too scared to even look his way.

Yes, Kaepernick flat out lied.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":wlh1amv3 said:
EDIT: Oh, BTW, From what I can tell Sherman was responding to a quote from Crab where he said he didn't think Sherman was the best corner. I know....what an a$$hole.

“It goes back to something he said to me this offseason in Arizona, but you’d have to ask him about that,” Sherman wrote. “A lot of what I said to Andrews was adrenaline talking, and some of that was Crabtree. I just don’t like him.”

Sherman’s reference to last offseason in Arizona stems from an apparent dispute that took place at a charity event hosted by Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald, according to a report in the Seattle Times.

At the event, Sherman tried to shake Crabtree’s hand, and Crabtree responded by trying to start a fight. According to Sherman’s older brother, Branton, Richard Sherman said afterwards, “I’m going to make a play and embarrass him” – words that would prove to be prophetic.

http://nypost.com/2014/01/20/sherman-cr ... ity-event/

You're right... Crabtree IS an a$$hole.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Meeker":1scwgjrd said:
Seriously, rewatch the NFCC and watch Kaepernick go through his progressions and he rarely even looks Sherman's way, often times looking to his left in the 1st half for his first read,

Ha! You made a funny. You said progressions and Kaepernick in the same sentence.

I am not even sure the word "read" applies. What I see out of KaeperSpaz is a guy that knows where he is going (unless the play breaks down and he runs) and is talented enough to get it there more often than not.

I swear, if that guy ever nails the trajectory or touch and the game slows down for him, Papaki could be a serious QB for a long time.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":38imzywl said:
How Marvin feels after reading rlkats' post, since Kats is a fellow 49ers fan:

11 knife in the back

Yeah, but kats is legit realistic and patient. It is what it is to him, no sugar coating. He probably sleeps better at night for it.

He knows under real-deal situations that we aren't going to get all DenialZone on him. He knows that if he waits, the Niners will eventually give him some ammo here and he will not only be able to say that he was here all along, but he will be taken seriously.

Marvin is good people, I like him being here. But dude don't like anyone trashing his Niner heroes. Always explaining why we shouldn't have the opinions we do. That's gotta be a lot of work.

Sourdough #49

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":1x1pawc4 said:
Marvin49":1x1pawc4 said:
EDIT: Oh, BTW, From what I can tell Sherman was responding to a quote from Crab where he said he didn't think Sherman was the best corner. I know....what an a$$hole.

“It goes back to something he said to me this offseason in Arizona, but you’d have to ask him about that,” Sherman wrote. “A lot of what I said to Andrews was adrenaline talking, and some of that was Crabtree. I just don’t like him.”

Sherman’s reference to last offseason in Arizona stems from an apparent dispute that took place at a charity event hosted by Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald, according to a report in the Seattle Times.

At the event, Sherman tried to shake Crabtree’s hand, and Crabtree responded by trying to start a fight. According to Sherman’s older brother, Branton, Richard Sherman said afterwards, “I’m going to make a play and embarrass him” – words that would prove to be prophetic.

http://nypost.com/2014/01/20/sherman-cr ... ity-event/

You're right... Crabtree IS an a$$hole.

http://www.nj.com/super-bowl/index.ssf/ ... event.html

rlkats

Reaction score
Listen was not attempting to stab Marvin in the back. He bleeds red n gold. Probably more than most niner fans. I was just really over him taking a beating and actually trying to help him. But he thinks it's fun or something.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Marvin49":2jdqhkrr said:
loafoftatupu":2jdqhkrr said:
Marvin49":2jdqhkrr said:
Now that I can agree with 100%.

While you have established yourself as a contributor on this forum, it doesn't matter if you agree or not. We don't need an interpreter for Kaeperchoke.

He LIED Marvin, you are quick to diminish it, but Kaeperchoke in a nationally broadcast interview said that Crabs has gone for a 100 a game on the Hawks defense. He did say that when in fact Crabs hasn't ever gone over 100 in a season against the Hawks. Then Kaeperstank claimed that it was why Sherman is scared of the Niner receivers. Really? SCARED?

Kaeperstank had time to think about what he was going to say during the 2 weeks prior to the Super Bowl. How bout the comments he made regarding contact with Manning to give tips? What in the hell could that have possibly included? "Hey Peyton, it's Chokernick, I haven't ever really played good against the Hawks, but what I do when I want to almost win is run like a Gazelle when the play breaks down, take a few designed runs and try to throw it over the heads of the Seahawk defenders. They play straight up and don't get fancy so I am sure that you can pick them apart like I do."

I'm positive Manning appreciated it.

LOL.

Do I need your permission to say I agree with you now? Its a forum homey. Lighten up.

"He lied".

Jeez. I guess you really do think he's a total moron to go on TV and say something that could so easily be proven false. The dude is human. LOL. What is more likely...he lied in a nefarious scheme to trick the public into believing that Crab had once had a 100 yard game on Sherman whilst assuming nobody would ever actually check or that he was simply mistaken and said what he thought to be the truth when asked on the air? The "scared" comment? Yeah...not a fan of that one either, but he was sticking up for his teammate and friend who had been called out on TV as "mediocre" and "sorry a$$".

You can say all you want that perhaps he should have responded differently, but to me the "HE LIED" commentary is just hyperbole.

Then you just sweep the whole Sherman incident under the carpet. In your world the guy who screamed into the camera calling out another NFL player is somehow the hero and the guy who defended his teammate is the douche.

Is it really that hard to see where I'm coming from?

Marvin,

Did Kaepernick ever correct himself? He was on national TV when he said it so I feel like he should have corrected the obvious misinformation he put out there. I really had no problem with Kaepernick before that but once I saw how he acted during his media run before the Super Bowl it is hard for me to like him. It wasn't just that comment either. He really acted like a sore loser dbag during those interviews.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Hey, looking back at the NFCC, I specifically remember the difference in the Niner offense being KaeperSpaz running more. I think that if they really want production out of him that he should be a running threat on every play.

His legs are the reason the Niners had 14 of their points, his arm has never been really effective against Seattle, not even in SF. The jump pass to Boldin for the TD? Great play but really dangerous. Look at it again and see how close that was to Earl. He did the same thing to the left with Crabs on the final drive, right over Thurmond's grasp. WT3 totally knew that the ball was coming, but was out of position. Papaki loves trying for the over-the-coverage throws and it has bit him at times.

If dude started really focusing on making the plays on the ground and keeps his passes in the flat I think he is far more productive (at least against Seattle) the outside has not been good to Papaki against this defense.

253hawk

Reaction score
Sourdough #49":172fxbgw said:
http://www.nj.com/super-bowl/index.ssf/2014/01/source_actually_richard_sherman_tried_to_fight_michael_crabtree_at_charity_event.html

Funny how this lone source still doesn't have a name and no one else has come forward to blame Sherman for this. Also, I find it very difficult to believe that Sherman would start a fight with a sorry ass receiver like Crabtree at his buddy's charity event, while the inverse is certainly a lot more probable.

"I can't shed a ton on it because I didn't hear any of it," the source said. "I actually like Richard and he was a real nice dude at the event and the game. I can only say it appeared from body language that Sherman was the instigator in it, not Crabtree." Yeah, there's some reeeeeeal solid credibility there. Was this source 100' away?

Sounds like there are a lot more sources that are on Sherman's side: (starts around 42' mark) http://ec.libsyn.com/p/f/5/b/f5b2e41990 ... id=7323644

Marvin49

Reaction score
rlkats":2w9rtxjc said:
Listen was not attempting to stab Marvin in the back. He bleeds red n gold. Probably more than most niner fans. I was just really over him taking a beating and actually trying to help him. But he thinks it's fun or something.

Lol. No worries. I didn't take it that way.

Nah...sometimes I prefer to talk to people who disagree with me. It's more fun to have a conversation with someone who doesn't already think what I think.

Do I defend my boys here as I am constantly accused? Guilty. I admit it. When peeps put my Niners down I feel compelled to defend them. It's not blind homerism tho. Aldon needs to get his head on straight. He's a kid who's made mistakes and it's going to be a shame if he screws up his life or inadvertently harms another person. I just don't think he's a bad kid. I think he's immature as all hell.

Kap? I honestly think many take him the wrong way. Call me a homer all you want, but I just don't see him as anywhere close to the guy portrayed on this board. That's ok tho. Rivalries will do that.

I like these debates. I spend more time here in the offseason than I do on the 'zone (tho I'm sure that will flip when the season starts).

The coolest thing tho? I've actually gotten a much better handle on the Seahawks than I had before from being on this site. It's great to know your rival. :-D

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3n7vwo9i said:
I swear, if that guy ever nails the trajectory or touch and the game slows down for him, Papaki could be a serious QB for a long time.

I feel like this same thing was said about Michael Vick for about... well.. the whole duration of his career.

Kaep is an incredible athlete.. but I don't think he'll ever have the full nuances of the position down pat.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
rlkats":2dc9wdvr said:
Bro, it was just some comic relief. :)

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3hrr5v63 said:
loafoftatupu":3hrr5v63 said:

I feel like this same thing was said about Michael Vick for about... well.. the whole duration of his career.

Kaep is an incredible athlete.. but I don't think he'll ever have the full nuances of the position down pat.

He has Harbs to help him and I didn't see any noticeable improvement in KaeperSpaz's game from 12-13. Nobody knows for sure, but if dude doesn't grow a bunch in this offseason I don't think he will grow much for his career. Then again, he doesn't have to face the Hawks defense 16 times a year either.

Latest posts