The Colin Kaepernick obsession at .net

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":223pvxxo said:
Marvin49":223pvxxo said:
I think he's a good kid and enjoys the celebrity, but for lack of a better term he is always kinda uncomfortable, not sure exactly what he should do...and it all ends up kinda dorky. LOL.

When he's on camera, I just think he really uncomfortable. I just watched the presser again last night after he signed his contract and there are times that he is literally shaking. He's still nervous and at times it causes him to say something stupid and easily misinterpreted.

I could also do without the photoshoots and all that. :D

Please... He's a tool.

LOL.

Loaf, do me a favor? Don't ever change. :D

kobebryant

Reaction score
I like Kaep; fun to watch, not a criminal and earned more respect from me against the Hawks than Peyton did.

Now, to an extent, I think he's been Harbaugh'd (similar to being Belichick'd) - through the run up to the draft and in college he had an extremely likeable and gregarious personality. I think his HC has put the lockdown on his personality. One day he'll be playing for a HC other than Harbs (inevitable in today's NFL) and I think that likeable personality will come back out.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I've never met him, so of course, I don't know. He hangs out with bros with spray-tans, which you know whatever, and I thought it was very weak that he ran off the field without shaking RW's hand that first game. On the other hand, I actually really appreciate that he is so loyal to his adoptive parents. I guess that I feel like I'd be the same way, so I identify with that.

I actually do think the dude, while your typical broseph twenty-something athlete, is probably a decent guy somewhere deep down, but maybe age and getting away from Harbaugh is what is needed to mellow him out.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Marvin49":2axrhqew said:
Well...in fairness, he did greet Russell at midfield after the game and said go win it and almost all of his comments in interviews after the game were in response to Richard Shermans rant...in effect defending his teammate. It wasn't like he was saying "they only won because X" and was using it as an excuse. He was saying that Shermans antics and comments on Crab being "mediocre" were BS because he very nearly won the game.

Its fine tho...I've become accustomed to people misinterpreting the things he and Harbaugh says just to further their own desire to dislike the guy.

As for "lying", I think that's a bit overblown. I know the comments that you are referring to and I think its far more likely that he was simply mistaken while trying to defend Crab. It was WAY, WAY too easily corrected to assume he thought the comments were incorrect and simply lied. Far more likely he thought what he was saying was true and was mistaken. Bottom line though, he was defending his teammate who was verbally attacked on national TV. Can't fault him for that. Sorry.

Go get me a beer, bitch.

chris98251

Reaction score
Harbaugh has been a hothead and a douchbag his whole life, his brother admits he could not keep friends growing up because of it, he went out of his way to find Jim Kelly and call him out and punch him when he was a player over a comment which broke his hand by the way. Bo said he was hard headed and stubborn as well, he had to use a heavy hand approach to keep him in line for a long time. That may have been Bo's style anyway but I think it is also the style he emulates.

Not taking anything away from his Football playing ability or coaching, but he is not a nice guy naturally. Combine the volatile coaching style of Bo and his personality naturally and you get a great player and coach with a tendency to yell and go off on things because he is just that type of person. Again watching the transformation of Colin from a humble kid to a arrogant punk I see the Money, spotlight and Harbaugh all influencing him.

The my shit don't stink mentality is all Harbaugh though. They by all rights would be at the top of the heap if not for the guy who got all the spotlight in the Pac 12 when Jim was coaching, he just happened to come into the same conference and division as Harbaugh. Pete is a constant reminder that he is second fiddle, in salary, in National Championships,in big game wins and in Super Bowls wins. Having seen Harbaugh play, and now coach, his competitive nature and outspoken personality are all primed for the Seahawks to push the buttons to ignite a situation. Whether it's him or his players but definitely his QB.

253hawk

Reaction score
Bsvwx0ECAAA2Vbb.jpg

Marvin49

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3sfde0a5 said:
253hawk":3sfde0a5 said:

Nice looking ink, Marvin. How much did that set you back?

LOL.

Nope. No matter how big a fan I am, I ain't EVER going to tattoo a guys likeness on my body.

...not to mention it looks like it was done in crayon.

dunceface

Reaction score
Marvin49":2o8lbnbi said:
peachesenregalia":2o8lbnbi said:
253hawk":2o8lbnbi said:

Nice looking ink, Marvin. How much did that set you back?

LOL.

Nope. No matter how big a fan I am, I ain't EVER going to tattoo a guys likeness on my body.

...not to mention it looks like it was done in crayon.

Uhhhhh who's Lombardi trophy is that?!
Cuz it sure as shit isn't his...

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":1aexh84i said:
Chalk and charcoal.....soap and water.....LOL
In that tattoo, did Kap "borrow" that Lombardi or what? He sure as crap didn't win his own! 8)

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":103kelv9 said:
Seahawkfan80":103kelv9 said:
In that tattoo, did Kap "borrow" that Lombardi or what? He sure as crap didn't win his own! 8)

It's way to small, probably something he got in junior high. You know those games where they give everyone a trophy.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RichNhansom":4y2renjm said:
Sports Hernia":4y2renjm said:
Seahawkfan80":4y2renjm said:

It's way to small, probably something he got in junior high. You know those games where they give everyone a trophy.
You are probably correct, that could be a participation trophy! My 6 year old niece loves hers from t-ball and soccer. 8)

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
253hawk":1tpvm828 said:
Oh my....

1st off... LOL.
2nd isn't it Kaep?
3rd The guy has played for 2 seasons, choked in a Super Bowl and the NFCC.
4th A Lombardi trophy? LOL

Does he have one of Alex on the other shoulder? He is a part of the reason Kaeperchoke got to the Super Bowl and in the previous season went 13-3 and just as far as KaeperSpaz did in his first full season.

Were the 2000s so bad that this guy is celebrating successful failure?

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2cyj755t said:
253hawk":2cyj755t said:
Oh my....

1st off... LOL.
2nd isn't it Kaep?

Does he have one of Alex on the other shoulder? He is a part of the reason Kaeperchoke got to the Super Bowl and in the previous season went 13-3 and just as far as KaeperSpaz did in his first full season.

Just answering the first one...

...it's Kap. I used Kaep for a long time but he confirmed awhile back that he goes by Kap, not Kaep. Been that way since High School.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":1nhhv8vl said:
loafoftatupu":1nhhv8vl said:
253hawk":1nhhv8vl said:
Oh my....

1st off... LOL.
2nd isn't it Kaep?

...it's Kap. I used Kaep for a long time but he confirmed awhile back that he goes by Kap, not Kaep. Been that way since High School.
Well that fixes that.

KAEP it is..

Lol Marvin... "long time".. cause he was out of high school so long ago.

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":270d2bf6 said:
Marvin49":270d2bf6 said:
loafoftatupu":270d2bf6 said:
253hawk":270d2bf6 said:
Oh my....

1st off... LOL.
2nd isn't it Kaep?

Well that fixes that.

KAEP it is..

Lol Marvin... "long time".. cause he was out of high school so long ago.

Hehe. I just mean that I used to say Kaep all the time until I read that he prefers Kap.

Your going to call him Kaep? BS. That's not nearly insulting enough for you. I'm sure you will be far more creative than that.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":1dk1ohx6 said:
Hehe. I just mean that I used to say Kaep all the time until I read that he prefers Kap.

Your going to call him Kaep? BS. That's not nearly insulting enough for you. I'm sure you will be far more creative than that.

Of course not... but I wouldn't be caught dead using "Kap" before adding the rest of what I do call him. It would be disrespectful to the rest of the name.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Honestly, I think the obsession we have with him is due to a combination of the fact that he's our main rival's QB, and he has done a lot of things that just make him easy to hate.

It'd suck if Wilson was the 49ers QB, there'd be very little to go after him over.

I feel for you, Marvin. Luckily, you can just focus on Sherman. 8)

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3djbjsxd said:
Honestly, I think the obsession we have with him is due to a combination of the fact that he's our main rival's QB, and he has done a lot of things that just make him easy to hate.

It'd suck if Wilson was the 49ers QB, there'd be very little to go after him over.

I feel for you, Marvin. Luckily, you can just focus on Sherman. 8)

Sherman does make it easy. :D