The Blind Side was BS

Cyrus12

Reaction score

Hollywood made it feel so real..screw you Sandra Bullock!

QWERTY

Reaction score

Hollywood made it feel so real..screw you Sandra Bullock!
Why is it her fault? She's an actor. Why not blame the director?

Last edited:

NoGain

Reaction score
I don't know. He's a former #1 draft pick who had a nice career and made millions of dollars and that wouldn't have been the case by most all accounts without the Tuohy's. If the Touhy's stiffed him on proceeds/royalties for the movie, that seems a bit sleazy.

Eff it. I've got better things to think about. But that was a rare decent performance by Bullock in that movie. I wanted to have sex with her.

QWERTY

Reaction score
Why is this suddenly a problem now? Did he not know for all of these years?
Probably wanted more money.

Or.

Kept his mouth shut and was glad about the money, and now that the movie is known, he doesn't give a **** about it.

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Modern day slavery perhaps...they saw the opportunity..took advantage and cashed in. I always thought they were truly about the cash and stealing his spotlight.

sc85sis

Reaction score
If his and his lawyer’s claims are true, the Tuohy’s had him sign what he thought were adoption papers but really were papers locking him into a conservatorship. Think Britney Spears having to get permission from her dad before she could do almost anything, with her father holding the purse strings.

morgulon1

Reaction score
My wife loved that movie. Between us, I'm not going to tell her. It was a great movie with a great message , regardless of the facts . Whatever they may be.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Why is this suddenly a problem now? Did he not know for all of these years?

Oher said he just found out in February of this year that he was never adopted, just a conservatorship.

Which from a financial advisor point of view is usually used for monetary purposes when a family member either is too young, or like in Brittany Spears case, is too crazy and can't be trusted with their money.

Idk what happened, but if the family kept all the Disney money for the movie? That's terrible man.

KinesProf

Reaction score
Yep. If you read the article, as Sgt. Largent noted, Oher only found out about this in February of this year.

The movie, much like Green Book, seemed a little distasteful in the whole "saviour" aspect of it all. Not my cup of tea. But Hollywood-types fall for that sort of thing. I never bought Oher as being as dumb and hopeless as that movie portrayed him to be. They had the man unable to learn how to block from a football coach, but Sandra Bullock was able to teach him. The Black people in this movie were represented as: giant idiot football player, gangsters back in his home neighbourhood, crackhead mother, and incompetent NCAA investigator.

The truth probably lies closer to the seedy reality of the underbelly of football recruiting in the south. Family funnels football player to their alma mater; Hugh Freeze launches his career off of Oher; family financially benefits off of association with player; author of the book that became the movie, Michael Lewis, was a school friend of the Father of the family holding the conservatorship.

This story needs a neutral unaffiliated documentary; just the straight goods.

Donn2390

Reaction score
Modern day slavery perhaps...they saw the opportunity..took advantage and cashed in. I always thought they were truly about the cash and stealing his spotlight.
Yes, the family was desperate for money, they are only worth over $200 million and Michael's after football pittance of a bank account is to tempting to pass up.. They made the same amount from the movie as Michael made, ZERO.! They weren't in the movie, they didn't write the book or own the rights to the book, they were all just characters written about in a book. None of them got any money. and for good reason. Stop the rumors..

RedAlice

Reaction score
Yep. If you read the article, as Sgt. Largent noted, Oher only found out about this in February of this year.

The movie, much like Green Book, seemed a little distasteful in the whole "saviour" aspect of it all. Not my cup of tea. But Hollywood-types fall for that sort of thing. I never bought Oher as being as dumb and hopeless as that movie portrayed him to be. They had the man unable to learn how to block from a football coach, but Sandra Bullock was able to teach him. The Black people in this movie were represented as: giant idiot football player, gangsters back in his home neighbourhood, crackhead mother, and incompetent NCAA investigator.

The truth probably lies closer to the seedy reality of the underbelly of football recruiting in the south. Family funnels football player to their alma mater; Hugh Freeze launches his career off of Oher; family financially benefits off of association with player; author of the book that became the movie, Michael Lewis, was a school friend of the Father of the family holding the conservatorship.

This story needs a neutral unaffiliated documentary; just the straight goods.

Seems to be several sides to this story.

TUOHY FAMILY
OHER ATTEMPTED $15 MILLION SHAKEDOWN
... Before Blasting Us In Court Docs!!!

Singer -- in a lengthy statement to TMZ Sports -- said Oher came to the Tuohys prior to filing his 14-page petition in Shelby County, Tenn. ... and threatened them, saying if they didn't pony up an eight-figure check, he'd "plant a negative story about them in the press."

Singer denied all of the allegations in Oher's court filing ... explaining that Sean and Leigh Anne Tuohy absolutely did not trick the former NFL star into getting into a conservatorship when he was 18 years old as he had claimed.

The conservatorship "was established to assist with Mr. Oher’s needs, ranging from getting him health insurance and obtaining a driver’s license to helping with college admissions," Singer said. "Should Mr. Oher wish to terminate the conservatorship, either now or at anytime in the future, the Tuohys will never oppose it in any way."

—-

It is TMZ, so who knows. But very much seems like this story isn’t clear cut.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Yes, the family was desperate for money, they are only worth over $200 million and Michael's after football pittance of a bank account is to tempting to pass up.. They made the same amount from the movie as Michael made, ZERO.! They weren't in the movie, they didn't write the book or own the rights to the book, they were all just characters written about in a book. None of them got any money. and for good reason. Stop the rumors..

The Touhey's (sp?) also have large foundations and other side hustles that need to be vetted out before I'm willing to absolve them of not financially benefitting from their relationship with Oher.

I hope it's not true, as it's one of the great NFL stories ever. But I highly doubt Oher and his lawyers would bring forth this lawsuit if there was absolutely nothing financial to benefit from.

Unless he's just getting bad advise, which is entirely possible.

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I really doubt they didn't cash in on this...stop the rumors...

sc85sis

Reaction score
This is a guess only: Oher didn’t understand about the conservatorship and got angry that he wasn’t actually adopted and that he had no legal say over his own money. His attorney and the Tuohys’ attorneys are both now running with it and making things worse for everyone.

Mind you, my sister is a lawyer, so I don’t automatically assume all lawyers are bad guys. But in cases where large sums of money are involved, lawyers can definitely get people spun up.

Donn2390

Reaction score
The Touhey's (sp?) also have large foundations and other side hustles that need to be vetted out before I'm willing to absolve them of not financially benefitting from their relationship with Oher.

I hope it's not true, as it's one of the great NFL stories ever. But I highly doubt Oher and his lawyers would bring forth this lawsuit if there was absolutely nothing financial to benefit from.

Unless he's just getting bad advise, which is entirely possible.
"I highly doubt Oher and his lawyers would bring forth this lawsuit if there was absolutely nothing financial to benefit from."
Then you aren't familiar with shyster lawyers and gold digging wives. Michael is going to end up with no money, no wife, no family and a damaged reputation. This is why he was in a conservatorship, to protect him from himself..

KinesProf

Reaction score
Perhaps it is just the cynic in me, but there has always been elements of this story that feel more exploitive than benevolent:

-Delivering the prospect to your alma mater.
-The author of the book, Michael Lewis, being friends with Mr. Tuohy. Michael Lewis, famously also known for the book Moneyball; Moneyball, which largely defers credit for most of that Oakland Athletics team success on to the scrappy underdogs while largely glossing over the elite Mark Mulder, Tim Hudson, Barry Zito pitching crew and Miguel Tejada being MVP and contributing a disproportionate amount of the offense while playing a very un-analytics friendly style of play.

Again, maybe I'm a bit of cynic; but I'm just not that quick to take the sanitized Hollywood version of events at face value. Like that dumb scene where Oher takes a phycological test that concludes that he has little "ability to learn" but much "protective instinct" - just straight up nonsensical unscientific hogwash.

NoGain

Reaction score
Michael is going to end up with no money, no wife, no family and a damaged reputation.
And you know this how? He's reportedly worth over 15 million. He's been with the same woman for over 18 years. He has four kids. And is his reputation damaged? We'll see...

Weird response.

rcaido

Reaction score
Michael Oher had to retire due to Post Concussion Syndrome. I wouldn't be surprise w/ a combination of someone in his ear, decided to do this lawsuit now. Just seems a bit out there. Michael Oher made a ton of money as an NFL player, his career earning was 34million dollars.

The white rich family was already rich owning a ton of food franchise. If they were able to make money off of him from the book and movie, wouldn't they be able to do the same with his football career since they technically did the conservatorship. It should be all easy to find out how much they got from the books & movies.

This could all be a publicity stunt too, because Michael Oher just wrote a new book.