The Best Thing About Yesterday And Today

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2kxd9d4k said:
Dear god, can you be a little more doom and gloom? You actually can't just enjoy a win and/or let other people enjoy a win? Sad

I am enjoying the win, but its not hiding the problems that still exist. We have played 3 mediocre to bad teams so far and are about to play a 4th in the Cardinals. Good lord, I will hate to see what happens when we beat them. People probably going to post that we're going to the Super Bowl or something. Lets see how we do against a good team before we feel so great about ourselves first. I'll feel good if we dont lose to the Rams by double digits, Then I will know we are making strides.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":7fd92x4v said:
They didn't win by 9 touchdowns..........

:smilie=angry016.gif:

What does that have to do with beating a bad team?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
you do you........
After they beat the Cards, you can tell us they only won because the Cards suck.

If they lose to the Rams, you can tell us the Hawks suck. Consistency will be there I'm sure.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1ic9erm5 said:
SoulfishHawk":1ic9erm5 said:
Dear god, can you be a little more doom and gloom? You actually can't just enjoy a win and/or let other people enjoy a win? Sad

I am enjoying the win, but its not hiding the problems that still exist. We have played 3 mediocre to bad teams so far and are about to play a 4th in the Cardinals. Good lord, I will hate to see what happens when we beat them. People probably going to post that we're going to the Super Bowl or something. Lets see how we do against a good team before we feel so great about ourselves first. I'll feel good if we dont lose to the Rams by double digits, Then I will know we are making strides.
This is a bit of a binary approach. Problems either exist or they are solved. I'm not sure that's the correct yardstick for evaluating this team.

What we're looking for is progress. Can the line protect Wilson? Can we run the ball? Can we play stout defense? In a strictly binary sense, no - Wilson still got sacked. We got the rushing yards, but not the yards per rush. We gave up more yards that the Cowboys' average.

But in terms of progress, the OL was much better than it's been. The running game controlled the clock and won the time of possession stat, and more importantly forced Dallas to respect the run which opened up the passing game particularly over the top. The defense allowed Zeke to get some yards, but came through when it mattered and limited the Cowboys to 13 points.

So is there progress? Yes, definitely. It will take more progress to beat the Rams, but as long as progress continues then our chances improve.

Seymour

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3oxb8y02 said:
SoulfishHawk":3oxb8y02 said:

For the record, I still see a .500 team, but that doesn't mean I don't also have playoff hopes because young teams can come together and grow.

That said, naysayers will just point to the Eagles W in 2017 when (and yes we will) we beat a good team. Either that or they will say they (the other team) "aren't who we thought they were".

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm right there at the 9-7 still, and with all the changes to the team and so many new guys, that would be a pretty solid season. I want to see steady improvement thru the season. I fully expect them in the playoffs in 2019.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Seymour":1uwh0iuz said:
pittpnthrs":1uwh0iuz said:
SoulfishHawk":1uwh0iuz said:

For the record, I still see a .500 team, but that doesn't mean I don't also have playoff hopes because young teams can come together and grow.

That said, naysayers will just point to the Eagles W in 2017 when (and yes we will) we beat a good team. Either that or they will say they (the other team) "aren't who we thought they were".

I've said 8-8 all the way through, but I have no aspirations for the playoffs. Thats just not going to happen. All I want to see is some progress so that we might be able to build something for next season and beyond and while we saw that against the hapless Cowboys, I need to see that against a competent team before I start counting my chickens. The Rams game will be telling.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":1eckp50z said:
What we're looking for is progress. Can the line protect Wilson? Can we run the ball? Can we play stout defense? In a strictly binary sense, no - Wilson still got sacked. We got the rushing yards, but not the yards per rush. We gave up more yards that the Cowboys' average.

But in terms of progress, the OL was much better than it's been. The running game controlled the clock and won the time of possession stat, and more importantly forced Dallas to respect the run which opened up the passing game particularly over the top. The defense allowed Zeke to get some yards, but came through when it mattered and limited the Cowboys to 13 points.

So is there progress? Yes, definitely. It will take more progress to beat the Rams, but as long as progress continues then our chances improve.

Great point.

If we're all being honest and admit that this a rebuilding year, then really this is THE most important factor game to game we want to see..................can Pete and John develop the next group of players to compete for another SB.

So the takeaways from yesterday's game as far as progress?

- Russell was much quicker on the trigger, got the ball out and was decisive in his throws and play changes
- O-line without two starters showed that they can run block, and run block well
- defense played much better, especially with gap control and assignments (probably cause Bobby's back)
- Carson and the run game finally put a good game together
- playcalling was improved

All good progress moving forward to build on.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1363sbbi said:
SoulfishHawk":1363sbbi said:

After this post I have officially decided you are one of my favorite posters. You're like a cartoon character that has its shtick and sticks to it hell or high water. Your consistency is impressive, and no I am not joking. Even in the face of challenging, thoughtful posts aimed at your cynicism you don't flinch. Not even a micrometer.

Impressive.

It's hard to dislike someone who is so committed to their M.O.

Giphy

kf3339

Reaction score
I finally had a chance to watch a replay of the game. You have to give them credit for putting together a good game on both sides of the ball.

The offense still looked like absolute crap the first quarter, but came on from that point to do well. I wouldn't say great, but better than we saw the first two weeks. I will take a few more games to see if this is an upward trend or just a really bad Dallas team. But for today give them credit. I am glad we at least committed to a true run game for the first time this season. Hope it continues. Also thought our line played well. That is surprising with all interior positions with new starters for this game at least. Perhaps Solari is starting to get thru to them? Even Ifedi seems to be getting better. Who knew?

Our defense actually is playing pretty well and seems to be on an uptrend. Again, Dallas offense is so crappy that it's hard to say which is more the case. In addition we did give up well over 100 yards rushing to Elliott, but he is hard to stop. Their passing attack is just plain pathetic right now. Dax isn't an elite or even top tier QB, and probably is a lower third QB at this point. His trajectory is heading down and I'm not sure he is even a starting caliber QB in a year or two.

Overall, a win we needed. Good for them and all those who predicted the win. I didn't. :irishdrinkers:

pmedic920

Reaction score
Hey Todd,
Fair warning:

The Mod group is currently considering a permanent ban on your account.

Although we have no specific rule, you’ve been around long enough to know better.

How dare you start a light hearted positive themed thread.

Expect a PM with our decision soon.

:{)

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
The best part about today is that we still have hope for a solid season. We have an excellent chance at getting to .500 next week and Pete HAS made some adjustments.

The best part about yesterday was the feeling of 2012 all over again-an overlooked group that could surprise some folks this year. It may have just been 1 game, but the feeling was there.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Since 2012, the Hawks are 48-0 when leading by four points or more at halftime. Yesterday’s game was the 48th in that streak.

It was a good day.

This was mentioned by the radio crew yesterday.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Aros":aqn8zwkp said:
pittpnthrs":aqn8zwkp said:
SoulfishHawk":aqn8zwkp said:

After this post I have officially decided you are one of my favorite posters. You're like a cartoon character that has its shtick and sticks to it hell or high water. Your consistency is impressive, and no I am not joking. Even in the face of challenging, thoughtful posts aimed at your cynicism you don't flinch. Not even a micrometer.

Impressive.

It's hard to dislike someone who is so committed to their M.O.

Giphy

:D I know. I'm sorry about my pessimism. Its just who I am I guess. Sometimes even I have to remind myself to,,,,,

2f8df3c724ac00259a01631082a8713a featured

mikeak

Reaction score
pmedic920":2g05epzo said:
SoulfishHawk":2g05epzo said:
They traveled very well. That let's go Cowboys chant is the loudest I've ever heard in that stadium. I think it actually fired up the Hawks, because we shoved it right down their stupid throats for a long TD Drive immediately. Shhhhhhh

Couldn't help but wonder how many "fans" sold their tickets for that game. Weak

Brings up a good point.

What’s more important, making a profit off you season tickets, or supporting your team by ensuring your tickets go to SEAHAWK fans.

I can’t/don’t fault anyone for what they do but I’d personally rather take a loss than make a profit, if that meant the opposition had my seat.

You can do both. You can sell and make a profit and sell to Seahawk fans

But before we get on this high horse remember that the team sells individual tickets to almost all games now. They are priced dynamical so basically match stubhub prices and anyone can buy them.

I still haven’t heard anyone here complain about the Seahawks ethics for this but for some reason the individual fans should be held to a higher standard than the team?

Really confusing or does people not understand what the Seahawks and every other team is doing here days?

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":5bag5vct said:
The older Cowboys fans I talked to yesterday were really cool. The younger ones, not so much. Had some good conversations after the game about what they think about Garrett, losing Dez, Jerry Jones, Dak, the future of the team etc.
I saw ALL fans behaving very well.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2wjpcrge said:
Dallas fan told me congrats on the win, but dont get too excited because your team isnt very good either and thats where I stand. We'll probably beat the Cardinals too because they are awful, but i'm not thinking to much into this. Lets see what happens against a good team like the Rams first.
Oh, I expect the Rams might very well beat us at home, but what I ask for is a good fight like Norton against Ali.

Seafan

Reaction score
pmedic920":11g05qb9 said:
Best thing about today?

I woke up above ground.

2nd best thing?

Not even one cowboy fan, looked me in the eye.

GoHawks.

Edit:
For those unaware, I live in Texas

Lol
:{)

Yes, it is always the most important game to me. I have bragging rights for the year.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":244sv9ak said:
pittpnthrs":244sv9ak said:
Dallas fan told me congrats on the win, but dont get too excited because your team isnt very good either and thats where I stand. We'll probably beat the Cardinals too because they are awful, but i'm not thinking to much into this. Lets see what happens against a good team like the Rams first.
Oh, I expect the Rams might very well beat us at home, but what I ask for is a good fight like Norton against Ali.

Norton actually beat Ali in '73 and broke his jaw. We have an equally uphill battle but maybe we can run right at their jaw and keep Goff off the field. We're at least not getting annihilated by them this year.