OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Seymour":ark7u4gx said:
Ohh crud....I thought it was closer to a forbidden term than that!! Thank you! :oops:

Agree. No big deal to "make a few bucks", but selling to the enemy is treason!! :141847_bnono:

I have no problem with someone who needs to make a buck but that amount of 12's selling their tickets to the first home game just because we were 0-2? Lame, lame, lame, lame.

:141847_bnono:

chris98251

Reaction score
Aros":3mibg20v said:
Seymour":3mibg20v said:
Ohh crud....I thought it was closer to a forbidden term than that!! Thank you! :oops:

Agree. No big deal to "make a few bucks", but selling to the enemy is treason!! :141847_bnono:

I have no problem with someone who needs to make a buck but that amount of 12's selling their tickets to the first home game just because we were 0-2? Lame, lame, lame, lame.

:141847_bnono:

I blame the Amazon imports.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The sentiment I heard many times from multiple people yesterday was:

"Well that's Seattle fans for you."

Is that true? Are Seattle fans that pathetic? Are we a typical bandwagon fanbase? Not pointing the finger at anyone here because if you are reading these words it means you are a diehard. I am talking about the thousands of "fans" that go to the game because times are good. What do they do when times aren't so good? Sell, sell, sell. Ugh. Is this just normal M.O. around the league? I was really disappointed by the amount of cheers from Cowboys fans in the stands yesterday.

:pukeface:

chris98251

Reaction score
Aros":1ekuze1s said:

Is that true? Are Seattle fans that pathetic? Are we a typical bandwagon fanbase? Not pointing the finger at anyone here because if you are reading these words it means you are a diehard. I am talking about the thousands of "fans" that go to the game because times are good. What do they do when times aren't so good? Sell, sell, sell. Ugh. Is this just normal M.O. around the league? I was really disappointed by the amount of cheers from Cowboys fans in the stands yesterday.

I think it's generational at this point, most of us that have hit the half century mark or close to it had a different type of attachment to our teams, we played the sports we followed them in the News Paper, yes for those unaware of what that is it's a daily published item that carries news about the region, world and local news and had a sports section in it.

Now the attention span is brief and fleeting about everything, used to be 15 minutes of fame and these days it's closer to 15 seconds and on to the next item not named Kardashian.

They are different, they want to be where the happening thing is rather then be someplace out of a loyalty to a team or anything else. Why they are moving on in employment averaging about every two years as well.

Not really their fault, they are what we have as parents and society have created.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Aros":1b0evfbt said:
YESTERDAY

Watching the legion of Cowboys fans leave the stadium dejected. Oh so sad. Not.

TODAY

All The NET Debbie Downers don't know what to do with themselves. A reprieve from the noise for at least a week.

:179417:
I love your posts Aros. :2thumbs:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Aros":3oltn5ik said:

That was as loud a I've heard the Clink in a LOOOOONG time, so I don't get the criticism.

It's September in Seattle, it's a great city and time of year for opposing fans to watch their team, and no team has a bigger following nationwide than the Cowboys. So of course you're going to see more than the usual number of visiting fans.

Doesn't mean we're still not one of the best home crowds in the league.............as was stated over and over last night by the players and media in attendance. Said it was loud as hell.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Considering the opponent, it wasn't a surprise to see a lot of Cowboys fans. Just not that many.
But yeah, it was rocking yesterday.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Dallas fan told me congrats on the win, but dont get too excited because your team isnt very good either and thats where I stand. We'll probably beat the Cardinals too because they are awful, but i'm not thinking to much into this. Lets see what happens against a good team like the Rams first.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1mzdiibz said:
That was as loud a I've heard the Clink in a LOOOOONG time, so I don't get the criticism.

It's September in Seattle, it's a great city and time of year for opposing fans to watch their team, and no team has a bigger following nationwide than the Cowboys. So of course you're going to see more than the usual number of visiting fans.

Doesn't mean we're still not one of the best home crowds in the league.............as was stated over and over last night by the players and media in attendance. Said it was loud as hell.

WE were loud, and it was great, BUT...There were several instances where there was a sizable roar from the crowd when there was a negative Seahawks play (a sack, etc) so much so all those around me would look at each other like, "Really?!"

Yeah, it was beyond noticeable. Not trying to crap on the great aspects of the game, the good crowd and all that but yeah, it was waaaay too loud in the stands at times when it shouldn't have been. The Cowboys fans were out in droves.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
pittpnthrs":gbwftakt said:
Dallas fan told me congrats on the win, but dont get too excited because your team isnt very good either and thats where I stand. We'll probably beat the Cardinals too because they are awful, but i'm not thinking to much into this. Lets see what happens against a good team like the Rams first.

Wow another cynical post. Shocker. Do you ever wake up happy or is being a cynic your default setting? No judging, just curious.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
There are hundreds of fans of the #allas @owboys in Idaho. I am not one of them. Some have moved here for transient work and never went back. I know this one Blonde that is a die hard Dallas fan. She is cute and my age too. I have not been out to the scene in the big city in a while but assume there is still a large following. Also The Vander Esch kid from Riggins made it to the Pros on the Cowpatties team...so there is probably a following for just him. Just some things to consider.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Aros":2gcebbeb said:
Sgt. Largent":2gcebbeb said:

WE were loud, and it was great, BUT...There were several instances where there was a sizable roar from the crowd when there was a negative Seahawks play (a sack, etc) so much so all those around me would look at each other like, "Really?!"

Yeah, it was beyond noticeable. Not trying to crap on the great aspects of the game, the good crowd and all that but yeah, it was waaaay too loud in the stands at times when it shouldn't have been. The Cowboys fans were out in droves.

It's a perceived down year, what fanbase's season ticket holders aren't selling more than a SB contention years worth of tickets?

I get what you're saying, but all we should care about is whether the CLINK is still a great HFA, and it is.

Bottom line, there are a handful of teams that travel REALLY well.

- Cowboys
- Steelers
- Packers

and...................The Seahawks, so we give what we get right?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Aros":31eyc1gt said:
pittpnthrs":31eyc1gt said:

Wow another cynical post. Shocker. Do you ever wake up happy or is being a cynic your default setting? No judging, just curious.

Are you seriously thrilled and stoked going forward because we beat the dismal cowboys? Glad we won, but come on.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Dear god, can you be a little more doom and gloom? You actually can't just enjoy a win and/or let other people enjoy a win? Sad

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2fle8915 said:
It's a perceived down year, what fanbase's season ticket holders aren't selling more than a SB contention years worth of tickets?

I get what you're saying, but all we should care about is whether the CLINK is still a great HFA, and it is.

- Cowboys
- Steelers
- Packers

I hear ya. We are both chewing on the same toy at the end of the day...Great win, great game, great crowd, but I get crabby when a loud contingency of opponent fans come into our house, lol.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Our home opener after winning the Superbowl was filled with Packers fans.

It's not STH selling the tickets that bothers me (some are resellers, some are trying to lessen the cost of being a STH). It's that Seahawk fans don't snap them up. I'm sure the selling folks would rather sell to you than to a Cowboys fan, but you've got to step up to the plate.

If you weren't in the stands like I was, you have no right to complain about the numbers of Cowboy fans that showed up.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I was there, it was louder than usual. But, our Offense shut them up with the quickness. Made it even better.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Aros":3gbcf0f2 said:
Sgt. Largent":3gbcf0f2 said:

- Cowboys
- Steelers
- Packers

I hear ya. We are both chewing on the same toy at the end of the day...Great win, great game, great crowd, but I get crabby when a loud contingency of opponent fans come into our house, lol.

I remember my dad taking me to a Hawks game against the Raiders in 1982, and we had to leave at halftime cause we were in the 300 level surrounded by Raiders fans throwing batteries at people and the field, screaming expletives and trying to fight anyone that resisted their obnoxious asses that outnumbered Hawks fans 2 to 1 where we were sitting.

So it's all in the perspective for me Aros. I look around the league and see 3/4 empty stadiums that can't even come CLOSE to the HFA and passion our fanbase gives our team week in and week out.

What better lesson for those Cowboy fans to learn after spending a ridiculous amount of money for brokered tickets than to go back to their cars in their stupid Dak jerseys after watching their mediocre team lay yet another road turd.